Author Topic: Rate the admin's work!  (Read 11636 times)

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
Rate the admin's work!
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:41:34 PM »
Lo all, i was wondering what the general opinion was of you all when it comes to our admins here... Also think it's a good place to talk about what some admins do well and what's being done badly... My opinion is that the admins do their work just okay, although in the morning and early afternoon no admins are around (think it's hard to fix that, since lots of ppl are offline, so we have to live with that when there is/are cheater(s) around and no admins :P)

In other words: your opinion is more than welcome!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 02:31:57 PM by Snipe »
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline pro2c

• Adult Fish
    • Kiwi application monitor
    • Awards
Re: Rate the admin's work!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 11:45:08 PM »
for the time where there are no admins, we could lower the percantage needed to vote against someone. (many ppl don't vote)

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
  • the boss of the midnight club
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 06:18:17 PM »
or we can allowed someone to ban the cheaters( & only the cheaters, not the rammers) , it's easy to control for the real admins.
in fact there is many levels to admin a server. level 2 can allow you to mute or unmute someone(!), level4, it's the ban, etc.....
but, to be exactly, when a cheater is on the server, the usuals players don't call the admins & try to votekick the cheater((. the votekick serve to nothing because the cheater can join the server after. so if the usuals players call the admins, they can quickly ban him.

so i vote for fur-Q! :D

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 06:51:44 AM »
It's hard to determine whether there need to be more admins or just some more online-time for the admins... There are always times that admins aren't able to be online, simply cause it's not done (say 10 o'clock in the morning)... For myself for example, i'm most of the time at school, so during the day i'm only home around 5 in the afternoon, not even online or anything... What do you think of this, should there be more admins or need they to be more online?

Offline Knuckles

• MTA:SA Race Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 04:23:39 PM »
Blame the fact of being a Guild Master for a end game raiding guild......

WoW :P

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 06:10:07 PM »
What do you think of this, should there be more admins or need they to be more online?

for me it's the same thing to be online or not. if they're online, i don't have to call it and if they aren't, i call them. BUT... i think more admins is a good idea too for the nosee (hidden?) cheats->rammers, laggers, blockers.

and why an admin have to be always online? it changes nothing if someone can call them when there is a cheater. playing mta need to have pleasure, it' not a work!
(sorry for my english)

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 09:17:21 PM »
Yes... well, it's not work, that's a point well made... Though, admins are the "chosen people" which need to bann cheaters, in this way it's not really work, just a criterium for having a cheater-free server (if that's possible)... Brujo, what do you mean with hidden cheaters??? The ones who can't be seen from IRC from an admin's point of view or something else?

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 09:56:12 PM »
Brujo, what do you mean with hidden cheaters??? The ones who can't be seen from IRC from an admin's point of view or something else?

the hidden cheaters conspiracy!!
they are everywhere :D

i just talk about the professionnal rammers or blockers like domtito, mr drowned, jrman :P,...  and these noobs who driving backwards!

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 10:18:32 AM »
Yes, they are a pain in the motherf*cking @ss! I think still there should be 2 more admins who are available in the morning and early afternoon, since cheaters then can noob around freely!!! They stick around for like 45 minutes and when an admin reacts on irq, they're gone with the wind, result: no banning and a chance to come back later...

Offline Iltigo

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 01:17:39 AM »
I also think that the admins on the server are doing there part well, but I still have to say that the early mornings and afternoons are a bit skimpy. My idea of early mornings may be a bit diferent since I think I have a diferent timezone, but server time is about 4-5 am that´s when I recall seeing bad behaviour. I know this part will sound a bit weird. But I do like playing on LittleWhitey´s and I´ve been playing there for a while now, actually if you look at my XFire Profile @ www.xfire.com/profile/Iltigo I´ve got some hours played, and I don´t play on a lot of other server, unless LW is empty. So think 89% played on LW. And I openly say, that as a reply to your "early mornings and afternoons" I wouldn´t mind looking over the server at those times, in fakt I´d be more than happy to. So take my offer into account pls, and give me a reply.  ;)

Iltigo

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 04:04:08 PM »
actually if you look at my XFire Profile @ www.xfire.com/profile/Iltigo

now i know all about your game life iltigo! ;) 227hours for 1527 races, so if i've 10127 races, i lost 1505 hours of my life on gta!! :P

Offline Iltigo

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 09:55:58 PM »
Oh man dude... what the hell do you mean lost, I´d say you enjoyed 1500 hours of your life.

Btw I´m still awating a reply for my offer(I´ll take even a negative one as long as I know what´s up)

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 10:04:47 PM »
Iltigo, i don't think there is much difference between the timezone you're in and the timezone of the rest of the players/server... As far as i can see on your xfire profile, you're from the Czech Republic... The server is in the Netherlands, i don't even think there's any difference between the timezones, it's in the same timezone!!! Unless off course, you're available between 9.00 and 15.00, than it's no problem... But than again: i'm not the one deciding about these things since i'm no admin lol

Offline Iltigo

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 10:12:49 PM »
You got that wright bruh ;)

But seeing as I usually play very late at night if not morning I think of myself as playing in a different timezone. Sure you may think I´m makin ´ this up, but as far as things go I may just be available between 9.00 and 15.00. when I get a data plan to get on the internet from school I´ d be more than happy to do something else than listen to what teachers have to say ;D.

Offline raz0

• MTA:SA Race Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 03:20:07 PM »
For those of you who don't already know, here is how it usually goes.

1) A cheater is discovered, typically by a regular.
2) He or she calls for an admin by saying something like 'cygnus, thealpha, plop, knuckles, raz0: some_name is cheating!'.
3) This text is shown on IRC in channel #littlewhitey.mtarace.
4) Most IRC clients have what is called highlight, which is a feature that typically makes a sound and colours text in another colour if a message with your name is received. Hence, an online admin will see the message about the cheater quite quickly.
5) If the cheater is known, the admin might ban the cheater right away. If not, the admin will go in game, typically covertly, and try to confirm that the person is indeed cheating.
6) If the admin determines that the person is indeed cheating (this might take a few races, if there are instant-respawn maps up), the cheater will be banned.

Now, the admins typically won't reply when you say someone is cheating. This is on purpose! We don't want to scare away the cheater. Just have patience.

Also, please don't votekick. Admins don't always notice these (lack of highlight). It also serves no real purpose, since whoever gets kicked can just join right away again.

Furthermore, the admins are probably more online than you think exactly because many of us like to play covertly. :-)

Now, I agree. There is a lack of admins to monitor the server at night sometimes, and if we were to expand with more admins, I would definitely vote for someone in an American time zone.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 03:23:25 PM by raz0 »