Author Topic: Why do you think LWs is dying?  (Read 15277 times)

Offline [Shade]

• Banned
    • Awards
Why do you think LWs is dying?
« on: September 04, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »
 SAMP and LWs are not what they were 1 year ago.
1 year ago, it was soooo fun to play. Now.. its died out. There are no extremley powerful clans that are really active. Instead of getting a full server we hit a max of like 100 players. (if wer'e LUCKY)
Why do YOU think LWs/SAMP is dying? :S
Lack of skilled players?
Bad clans?
Too many noobs?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 03:32:01 PM by [Shade] »

Offline splatterpuss

• SA-MP Retirees
    • your favorite song
    • Awards
Re: Why do you think LWs is dying?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:16:36 PM »
Every year san andreas gets a year more out of date.... its simply that.
WATCH ME AND LOVE ME!!!!!              'Duelling me is harder than fisting a velociraptor'

Check out all my pics at image shack!                94.23.26.143:9500 - My test server

Lord of the Rings was loosely based on my life.

Offline [Shade]

• Banned
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 07:17:51 PM »
But look at VCMP, it's going strong and Vice City is 9 years old

Offline splatterpuss

• SA-MP Retirees
    • your favorite song
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 07:19:23 PM »
But look at VCMP, it's going strong and Vice City is 9 years old

And san andreas will have some people that will never leave either, vcmp isn't going strong at all so i don't know where you are getiing that from.

My original answer was correct.
WATCH ME AND LOVE ME!!!!!              'Duelling me is harder than fisting a velociraptor'

Check out all my pics at image shack!                94.23.26.143:9500 - My test server

Lord of the Rings was loosely based on my life.

Offline dugi

• Management
    • best song ever
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 07:20:12 PM »
SA-MP is not really dying, we just had record of 11k players playing at once last weekend, and it will have even more players when 0.3 is out.

Offline [Shade]

• Banned
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 07:25:21 PM »
SA-MP is not really dying, we just had record of 11k players playing at once last weekend, and it will have even more players when 0.3 is out.

I hope so  :'(
What revoloutionary features will 0.3 have?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:29:26 PM by [Ignite] »

Offline AJP

• SA-MP Retirees
  • N1158Q
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 07:46:45 PM »

Offline [Shade]

• Banned
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »
To be honest, i don't think those new facts are gonna help at all
(500 players?) its not as if LWs is hitting the max 200 players so i dont see any benefit in that :S

Offline dugi

• Management
    • best song ever
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 08:27:42 PM »
It will also have much better sync than before and even more scripting possibilities which will allow us to improve the script even further. It will probably still stay at 200 players to use features which make the sync even better.

Offline AJP

• SA-MP Retirees
  • N1158Q
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »
Well, as opposed to the players who have been on LW's I'm just a newbie, so I may not get this quite right. But LW's was the first official SA:MP server and used to hit really hard and have a certain reputation over other servers. There known players in LW's and the server was quite popular.

After a certain amount of time, these players either left SA:MP in whole, left LW's or got banned from the server for various reasons, and a server isn't anything without players. Now maybe I'm wrong, but I think we just have less regular players that make the server a nice place to be in, and that brings less regulars in whole, which provides less attention for the casual noob that clicks on the server and joins for 20 minutes.
Also, now there are many more official servers then there used to be which also makes the status of being an official server not as important as it used to be.

Offline wWallie

• SA-MP Retirees
  • You've left tracks in the rooms of my head
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 08:49:27 PM »
Don't have any 'useful' input about the matter except for the known argument of 'summerseason' maybe, but that has just passed..

I couldn't enjoy the times LW was full a lot unfortunately, quite newskool aye.
Though there are still times (ok not often at all) the server hits about 130 players and that's great right, I think 'dying' is a big word.
Some people get different interests and play less, others just figured this game and start from zero so there's a new generation.
It all swings within time and there's no standard frequency of activity, maybe it's kind of unrealistic to want LW filled at its max constantly since this game wasn't even meant to go online.
(Not aware of other server-activities so you can correct me and blabla).

So yea the definition of LW dying differs per person too, imagine you're just new to this game and join LW.
Your first impression would be: WOW I can't hit shit but I am aiming at them, cheaters! (ok.. its what I thought mayne, not LW but SAMP in general with its shitty leadaim).
Then you'll look around to see what is possible and you'll discover a LOT of things you didn't know were possible on MP and keep exploring.
Over time everything becomes usual and common to your eyes and you create your own style of playing and this is where your definition really starts:
Are you the type to hang @ NAM allday everyday for some competition?
Are you the type to participate in any race possible if not, block them?
Are you the type that wants every property?
Are you the type that likes gambling?
Are you the type that hangs @ Roca Escalante or the Ship to get 'easy' kills?
Are you the type that just likes cruising with someone you know?
Are you a roleplayer?

I forgot plenty of (stereo)types, and most likely its a combination of these factors.
But to me I find myself to be bored when there are no regular players that know how to shoot (not saying I do) or when there are hardly any races hosted.
And I admit I haven't hosted any races myself lately, I'm not complaining about it I just like seeing lots of them.
(Same goes for events btw, those are great from time to time!)
So yea you could say I find LW dying when there is nothing fun for me to DO even when the server is filled at its max.
I'd be bored as hell if there were 200 players, but they were all Bot7 (no offense homie! <3), but all in all the atmosphere is good on LW and that's what makes the server, quality over quantity.
Just depends on what you define as quality?

Oh I started this post because I wanted to laugh @ the 500 players, I can already see LV filled with 500 players  :D (you'd probably incorporate another city, but just the idea..)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:51:24 PM by wWallie »

"His 7 day theory is completed in 2014 [2+0+1+4 = 7]"
"Sneaky - Locked till 2014."

"Not everything has to be done serverside, don't be so lazy as a player. Server should provide features and fun stuff to do, not be a babysit." -Faraday

Offline Dominator

• SA-MP Donator
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 09:08:19 PM »
Well, its a fact, Splatterpuss is right. San Andreas is getting older and older, and players leave. The oldschool-players are examples, they simply leave because they played it alot, and maybe got sick of it, or got other reasons. I think im also an example of that, because i also stopped abit with playing. I still play from time to time, but not like i did before. Maybe i will play some more when 0.3 comes out officially, since i love the sync. (i kick yo ass shadowfire and peter)

But yeah, Counter Strike 1.6 is also awesome!
well dominator is still the fucked up forum whore he always was, i am glad that i never see u somewhere ingame.

Offline robbynab

• Fisher
  • yo'sup
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »
I don't think that it's SAMP dying, there are just less people on LW's. You may know that SAMP isn't just LW's, you have to calculate many other servers in to see how many players still are on SAMP. I don't really worry about 100 people on LW's (ok, I do) but I do worry about 150-175 players on servers like "eGaming Sa:Mp Targu Mures" or "�Polski Top Server� � [Top-Server.pl]". They are neither on Hosted, or Official tab, and I even worry about more LVP players (maybe because my meaning to this server is that it fucking sucks). In the past, I also watched some nice happenings, like: 130 players on LW's, 80 players on LVP. LW's crashes. 50 players rejoin. Rest either stops playing for a while, or moves to LVP. May be random, though. It's still strange. So, as I said, it's not SAMP dying, it's just less LW's players.

Offline Dominator

• SA-MP Donator
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 10:02:29 PM »
I also think that some gamemodes are more for bigger groups of people, such as roleplayers, or stunters. LW is for rw-deathmatchers, and deathmatch is something the most new people dont like, and the rw part of SA-MP is also dying, since most big clans are into WW, and you cant properly ww on LW because of the cbug/bug rule. No offence, but its true, and no, i dont try to say that you have to allow it, because i dont mind it.
well dominator is still the fucked up forum whore he always was, i am glad that i never see u somewhere ingame.

Offline Faraday

• The Scranton Strangler
  • SA-MP Retirees
  • Super[M]unkey
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 11:22:28 PM »
It is only "dying" as from the point where you allow it.