Author Topic: Why do you think LWs is dying?  (Read 15137 times)

Offline Faraday

• The Scranton Strangler
  • SA-MP Retirees
  • Super[M]unkey
    • Awards
Re: Why do you think LWs is dying?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 11:21:42 AM »
the community (SA-MP's not LW's) is full of retards and idiots that think they know everything

I smell Tenshi :D

Offline j.king

• VC-MP Retirees
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »
I believe samp isn't dying (could be wrong), its purely that a lot of players who come here end up getting bant :-X

Also another thing i've noticed is that when new players to samp join the server they are easily killed in pirate ships etc which leads to them ragequitting because there is barely any other mini-games on (imo). And me being a newb too, i dont join the server much because everyone just wants to rape me :< and that apart from dm'ing (which im no good at) there is nothing i can do most of the time. However 3 weeks back i think it was Zamaroht who took me to emeralde isle where there was a racing thingy, and when i went in yestarday it dissappered D;, so if you put that in people like me will play more often :D

@ the guy in the first page who said vcmp is "strong": I dont think you've been paying attention to the vcmp section on the forums nor the amount of people there is on the server, and vcmp's so called developers arn't even slightly bothered about releasing a new version or keeping the community informed (should look at all the topics created by players who have good suggestions for upcoming releases and suggestions), but release official statments about new releases... >_>

Offline CoMet

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2009, 08:01:10 PM »
i believe that the majority of old school players, (The first generation of SA-MP,i like to call them)moved on, but...

i've had a lot of good friends of mine who left after a dissapointing update of SAMP,(i think it was 2.2) because it took so long to release,
and they were really disappointed they expected something like 0.3, they got pissed off and left SAMP, ain't seen them since.

On the other hand i agree with the guy that said RW weapons are going down, and WW are going up, theres very few skilled people left,
but i believe the second generation of SAMP will come after 0.3's release.

Speaking as an old school player, i've lost most of my closest friends cuz they say SAMP just got "Boring", although, we only have one real audience
in LW server, and thats RW players. (a part from the races, which are quite fun)

I'd say no, Samp isn't dieing, still has loads of members, and there will be more when the second generation comes.

Offline FaTaLiTy

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 11:51:37 AM »
After a certain amount of time, these players either left SA:MP in whole, left LW's or got banned from the server for various reasons, and a server isn't anything without players.
Indeed, it just not like it used to be (too many changes in the server tho).

Aye i remember the olden days :o JeNNa, Sugar, Twinkle, Rev, eGG, Weeyin, Reaper -and so many more.
But i dont think server changed too much - new features and rules added or changed but the essence of LW's remains imo.

Anyways, LW now has new players and diffrent regulars on the server which are fun to fight and fight with (though some are smegheads)

Sounds like I might have to come and start another huge war or something, I remember once I made a war between half of the server lol, the admins on the other team kept finding us while we grouped up to plan lol :(. Was a bloody good time tho :).

Offline KmanN

• SA-MP Donator
  • Rawr!
    • The bestest site ever
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2009, 07:52:43 AM »
SA-MP dieing?  ::) i dont thinks so. i mean the good clans died, and more then half the GOOD OLD regs of lw left. yea where left with piss ant dip shits who cant fight and make any one who sucks there cock a reg. o wait could that be the problem.........

* KmanN  ponders on that thought.
<~Scott> if kmann had a vagina, he'd be complete

Offline UvH Clan

• Adult Fish
  • Ultra violent Hooligans
    • Ultra violent Hooligans
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 09:24:21 AM »
SAMP definitely is dying, and from the first generation clans only a few are still alive (W, UvH, MOB, NB), and the 1st generation of players is dying out too.

But well, we old players lost the interest in samp because it lost its magic for us (guess why every oldfag is saying that 0.1b was best). But the "new" players that start playing now will find the same magic in samp as we did 4 years ago, and thats why it wont die out that soon.

I give samp another 2 years till its dead.

Offline splatterpuss

• SA-MP Retirees
    • your favorite song
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 10:23:38 AM »
0.1b was definately not the best, we just remember it fondly because its so long ago.

Like how everyone says Goldeneye was the best Bond game but no one replays it because it has shit graphics.
WATCH ME AND LOVE ME!!!!!              'Duelling me is harder than fisting a velociraptor'

Check out all my pics at image shack!                94.23.26.143:9500 - My test server

Lord of the Rings was loosely based on my life.

Offline Dominator

• SA-MP Donator
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 12:04:33 PM »
0.1b was definately not the best, we just remember it fondly because its so long ago.

Like how everyone says Goldeneye was the best Bond game but no one replays it because it has shit graphics.
Nightfire was the best actually
well dominator is still the fucked up forum whore he always was, i am glad that i never see u somewhere ingame.

Offline splatterpuss

• SA-MP Retirees
    • your favorite song
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 12:08:35 PM »

Nightfire was awesome with the mini helicopters and guided missiles! Me and tezza used to play on it tons.
WATCH ME AND LOVE ME!!!!!              'Duelling me is harder than fisting a velociraptor'

Check out all my pics at image shack!                94.23.26.143:9500 - My test server

Lord of the Rings was loosely based on my life.

Offline Dominator

• SA-MP Donator
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 12:19:18 PM »

Nightfire was awesome with the mini helicopters and guided missiles! Me and tezza used to play on it tons.
Online is awesome..especially the characters, and on high gravity  :D
well dominator is still the fucked up forum whore he always was, i am glad that i never see u somewhere ingame.

SUPERBAD

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 02:28:15 PM »
I believe samp isn't dying (could be wrong), its purely that a lot of players who come here end up getting bant :-X

Also another thing i've noticed is that when new players to samp join the server they are easily killed in pirate ships etc which leads to them ragequitting because there is barely any other mini-games on (imo). And me being a newb too, i dont join the server much because everyone just wants to rape me :< and that apart from dm'ing (which im no good at) there is nothing i can do most of the time. However 3 weeks back i think it was Zamaroht who took me to emeralde isle where there was a racing thingy, and when i went in yestarday it dissappered D;, so if you put that in people like me will play more often :D

If you are new to SA or samp I can recommend to take a deep look into this map:

So you know how the areas are called. So you can find emeralde isle or other areas on your own.

You also should cruise through Las Venturas to know where important places are.
At the Clown`s Pocket everybody who got enough cash can host a race. These Races are announced in the mainchat + they are red marked on the mini radar and on the map.
There is also a other red marker near the police station where you can join time races for free. If you are fast enough you can earn there some cash.
There were and will be more minigames. You can try /events.

On the pirate ship: Look where you can escape if someone shoots you. Look out for snipers... if you got hit by a bullet better run and fill up amor and health again.
There were thoughts about diabling fighting on the pirate ship, but that makes it too boring on the ship, so newbies will left cause of beeing bored. I saw that on another good server, but it is totally boring to stand on the ship and just wait for cash and nothing can happen. It was the most bored thing I ever saw in sa-mp. First time I saw that I was still a newbie.

If you got any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask/tell. I hope that will help you to get a better start into lw`s on sa-mp.

Offline THEWICKERMAN

• Fisher
  • ô.ô
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 08:39:30 PM »
It isn't dying, just look on xfire, it's currently the 16th most played game online, yes that includes single player and MTA, but 95% of players are on SA-MP, it has more players than Left 4 Dead, GTA 4 (ironic much?), and all Hl2 mods.

However, the current trend seems to not be RW DM, maybe because us who have been playing for years can take on 3 new players at once, kill them without taking a hit, then they ragequit because they think it sucks they only get deagles, and they do not have the patience to learn to fight. SO they go to a stunt server, or pussy out completely and go to a roleplaying server...

And yes, I do believe the server will become full again, not that there's anything wrong with 100/200. And remember, there are more official servers now, and what new players tend to do is click on the official tab, and pick a random one. Less official servers = more players on LW.

DEATH TO AWESOME STUNTAGES AND.... Nova e-sport, w/e the hell that is.
"hast thou yet all cups in the cabinet?"

Offline Dominator

• SA-MP Donator
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 09:03:23 PM »
RW is just dieing, WW is tha new shit u know.

Lol

Offline Slice

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 11:20:08 PM »
yup

Offline Ez

• SA-MP Retirees
    • I dont like this:
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 02:44:33 AM »
SAMP definitely is dying, and from the first generation clans only a few are still alive (W, UvH, MOB, NB), and the 1st generation of players is dying out too.

But well, we old players lost the interest in samp because it lost its magic for us (guess why every oldfag is saying that 0.1b was best). But the "new" players that start playing now will find the same magic in samp as we did 4 years ago, and thats why it wont die out that soon.

I give samp another 2 years till its dead.

i agree with you on that, even though 0.1b probably wasnt the best with sync, bugs (even though the sync hasnt really improved much and it still has shit loads of bugs)

i remember the good days of playing LVRPG and PTP (Tratulla's - the best one) on 0.1b and they werent even official servers, yet still got plenty of players.
which is probably because back then not everyone knew about SA-MP, these days every man and his dog have a shitty generic server on the internet list.

also the community seemed a bit different then, now its all full of asslickers who want admin on the forums or beta tester status, so they go around getting fucked off at pretty much anyone who asks a simple question about 0.3, even though it'd be just as easy to write 'no release date yet, will be out in a few weeks/few months'

just my two cents