Author Topic: Joining Littlewhitey's server IRC Channels  (Read 94240 times)

Offline dugi

• Management
    • best song ever
    • Awards
Joining Littlewhitey's server IRC Channels
« on: April 04, 2008, 05:57:29 PM »
Join the IRC chat now using the widget below, or scroll down further to see the mIRC tutorial :)

IRC TUTORIAL

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat and is a form of real-time internet chat, used mostly for group to group chats in places called channels. In order to access the IRC you need an IRC client such as mIRC, XChat.

The current irc server is irc.tl And the channels are:
#lw.echo for server Echo
#lw for general server discussion
IRC is fairly easy to use. Since mIRC is the most popular IRC client the tutorial will focus on it. And maybe in future i will add tutorials to other IRC Clients.

mIRC Tutorial

First step, is to visit the mIRC website at http://www.mirc.com, click on 'Download mIRC' and download the latest version.  After it downloads, run the installer.  The default install folder for most systems will be C:\Program Files\mIRC.

After it installs, start it up. You will be prompted with a splash screen with the buttons "Register" and "Continue" Click continue.

After 30 days your trial will "end". You will still be able to use the program after the trial is over, you will just have to wait about 30 seconds at the splash screen before continuing.

On your first startup, the options menu will come up. You'll fill this out first.

You must enter a Full Name and email, but they do not have to be real. The full name may show up when someone does a /whois on you, so it may be advisable to not use your real name.

The alternative nickname will be the nickname you go to if yours is already taken for some reason.

After you do this, don't click OK. Go to the left and click Servers.

A new window will come up, from there click "Add"

Fill in the information as you can see here
Description: chat.irc.tl
IRC Server: chat.irc.tl
Port: 6667
Group: chat.irc.tl

Then Click Add.

Now IRC.tl should be selected from the server list. Click select on the right and it will bring you back to the first screen

Now click OK. The menu will go away and you'll be left with a blank screen, click the connect button in the upper left (a lightning bolt)

It will then run your through the connection process and bring up a box called "mIRC Favorites"

Now from here to make things easist for the beginning user, make sure "Enable join on connect" is checked and "Pop up favorites on connect" is not. Now type #lw in the top box and click Join.

Once you click join you will join the channel. Congratulations you are ready to chat! On the left you can see the list of channels and on the right list of users currently being in the irc channel. But remember even if they are on that list they may be not always there.

Now that you have gotten it, now its time to setup an autojoin so you'll automatically come into the channel when you connect.

With the mIRC window open press Alt+O to bring up options.

Click Options on the left of the window that comes up, then click "Perform"

Make sure "Enable perform on connect" is checked

Now click Add to the right of networks. On the next window, scroll down to "IRC.tl", select it, then click okay.

You'll be back at the perform screen. In the bottom box you should now type /join #lw and in next line /join #lw.echo . Also here you can type any commands you wish to execute on connect such as /msg nickserv identify password

List of useful commands on irc:

/nick <newnick> changes your nickname
/join #<channel> joins another channel.

If you have any questions about it ask here
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 04:26:32 PM by Aryan »

Offline AJP

• SA-MP Retirees
  • N1158Q
    • Awards
Joining IRC Channels with XChat
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:54:31 PM »
The current irc server is irc.gamerxserver.com And the channels are:
#lw.echo for server Echo
#lw.echo for general server discussion

Well after dugi put the mIRC tutorial up a while a go and despite all the help I got from all you guys to get mIRC to work, I couldn't do it. So I tried XChat, and it's so easy to get to work it's stupid.

Since I have time and some people (like me) still can't get IRC to work, here's an XChat tutorial.

• Step 1.

Download XChat at this link.

• Step 2.

Follow the step by step installation (basically click next next I agree.. nothing out there)

• Step 3.

Open XChat and you'll get this window:

Fill in the blanks with whatever nicks you want, the backup ones are incase you crash.

• Step 4.

Then click on
And type in the name of the Network you're going to add. It doesn't have to be a specific name, but I typed in "GtaNet". Once you have that, click on the Network you just added and click on and this window should show up:

• Step 5.

Click on now and type "irc.gamerxserver.com"
Then where it says "Favorite channels:" and click on the and this window will appear:

Now add these two channels: "#lw.echo" and "#littlewhitey.lvdm"

• Step 6.

Time to click OK > Close > Connect.

And Congratulations. You now have IRC.

Hope to see more people on
-Scott
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:36:00 PM by Ä´.ĶĨŃĞ »

Offline ThePro

• Tiny Fish
    • TheProWeb
    • Awards
NetTalk tutorial
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 12:24:44 AM »
NetTalk tutorial:

Download ntalk by clicking Here or Here

Extract all the files in it to a new folder

Than open NetTalk.exe

You should see this:

Than click on
which is located here:

This should pop up:

in 'IP or server name' put irc.gamerxserver.com

than click next

Than you should see this:

in Nick-name put your name and the rest should set it self up, than click next

than you will see this:

there put this:

Code: [Select]
$join #littlewhitey.lvdm
$join #lw.echo

and than click Complete

it should connect, and than join the 2 LW channels.

And your all ready to chat!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:36:32 PM by Ä´.ĶĨŃĞ »

Offline tezza

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Will work for food!!!!!
    • I like you
    • Awards
Re: Joining Littlewhitey's server IRC Channels
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 12:50:27 AM »
Cheers for doing a new tutorial, i have a complete inability to work IRC. I take it you're a regular just on a new profile, either way thanks a lot.

We're no strangers to love You know the rules and so do I A full commitment's what I'm thinking of You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it Inside we both know what's been going on We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

(Ooh give you up) (Ooh give you up) (Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up) (Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up)

We've known each other for so long Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it Inside we both know what's been going on We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling Gotta make you understand

Offline ThePro

• Tiny Fish
    • TheProWeb
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 01:38:55 AM »
well, i've never registrated here, and found this topic, and well, felt like giving a hand, as the only tutorial here, are for shareware irc clients (30 day trials) so i felt like registrating and making the tutorial.

anyways, i used to be a regular on the mta race server a few years back, and i know a few admins (blewert and eDit)

Offline AJP

• SA-MP Retirees
  • N1158Q
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 12:01:36 PM »
Topic cleaned up and put the new tutorial as one of the first posts  :)

Thanks for the added tutorial

Offline dugi

• Management
    • best song ever
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 11:53:57 PM »
Updated with links to new irc channels.

Offline Alvar

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »
If I may ask, why did you guys move to new server? Kinda messy for me, I am not that good at irc, I have to figure out how can I have 2 servers at same time automatically every time I connect into IRC. Any help would be appreciated.
Easy isn't always simple.

Offline dugi

• Management
    • best song ever
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 01:18:44 PM »
We have moved as FFSNetwork has far better features than GTANet for irc echo for example, and also some other official servers have channels there, and an oficial channel of sa-mp is also there.

If you want to open 2 servers at once type /server -m irc.ffsnetwork.com

Offline Alvar

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 01:20:58 PM »
Thanks for that, it is automatical at every connection right? Also, how can I set my "Perform" stuff so that it will open channel at FFSNetwork and not at GTANet?

Offline AJP

• SA-MP Retirees
  • N1158Q
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 05:01:28 PM »
Thanks for that, it is automatical at every connection right? Also, how can I set my "Perform" stuff so that it will open channel at FFSNetwork and not at GTANet?
Do this:

Click perform

Then in the FFSNetwork tab (if you don't know how I'll tell you how since eDiT showed me :)) type /server -m irc.gtanet.com or if you prefer you can put /server -m irc.ffsnetwork.com in the gtanet tab*, one or the other. Then add in all the channels you want on each server when you connect like so:

Do the same thing with the channels you want to join on GTANet if you want. But if you want to just plain remove GTANet then:

and instead of GTANet select FFSNetwork (you can also select GTANet but then you'd have to do the second option stated above*)

Then this window should appear like this:

Offline Slice

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »
If you want to get connected to both GTANet and FFSNet on startup, press Alt + R (or Tools / Scripts Editor) then select the tab where it says Remote and put this in it:
Code: [Select]
ON *:START: {
  server irc.gtanet.com 6667
  server -m irc.ffsnetwork.com 6667
}

Then press Alt + O (or Tools / Options) and find your way to Connect / Options. Uncheck "Connect on startup" and make sure you don't have any /server commands in perform.

Like this:

Offline AJP

• SA-MP Retirees
  • N1158Q
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 05:00:13 PM »
Wow slice you have like 500 channels  :o

Offline Alvar

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 07:58:46 PM »
Yeah, kinda insane, irc no lifer. xD I might try that tho, I have that perform thingy done atm to open 2 servers.

Offline dannymc18

• SA-MP Donator
    • That´s how I keep cool:
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 08:35:03 PM »
/ns ajoin add #lw.samp