Author Topic: How was the first time you played here?  (Read 9164 times)

Offline Starsky

• Big Fish
  • Gayfuck Jelly Jumping Jorge
    • Awards
Re: How was the first time you played here?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 08:35:53 AM »
lil bit camping near 24/7 with hutch :D

Offline Nemesis

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Leave your mark
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 09:39:49 AM »
Somewhere in 06, I came on shouting "SWK's BACK BITCHES", then left after realizing the only weapon was deagle, and did the same on Partyserver

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 10:43:53 AM »
then left after realizing the only weapon was deagle, and did the same on Partyserver

Yeah that's what I used to say many times: only deagle made the server be empty, whereas the good default weapons attract more new players.
And about Partyserver, I will have to try it, I have heard many times that they like db very much. ;D

Offline Swanson

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »
First time playing?

F-U-N

Now?

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 10:51:54 AM »
masterbeef, are you saying that now the server is bad???
With the last implementations they have made (like the good default weapons, the car exports and the new duel arena), now the server is quite good, and of course much better than before.

Offline robbynab

• Fisher
  • yo'sup
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 11:01:19 AM »
I liked it more back then, in late '08 when I started SA-MP, LW's was my first server, I just chose it because I downloaded SA-MP from LW's mirror.
Started off with deagle only, later asked how to get those weapons, invading the ship with friends, buying properties etc.
Now that last point ain't available anymore, there quite isn't any more money needed, because you spawn with "those" weapons. I could say that I don't like the weapons system atm, that's harsh tho, it's ok, not good as it used to.
I haven't been on LW's for many months last to this year, as I rejoined, I saw forum trolls like Gryphus talking about making it easier for noobs, while DBing these, no offence.

Offline Swanson

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »
It's not the server itself, it's the overall mentality. When you join as a random stranger/newbie you get scared away because it's hard to find a 1 vs 1 fight. If you finally manage to get a 1 vs 1 fight, the cockroach army arrives. Then people say you should duel them, but what's wrong with an old fashion 1 vs 1 streetfight without others mixing into the fight? And I know, I'm guilty aswell, at least in the past. But 'now' is what matters, and right now it's fucked up. Time has changed, but the people don't care. They just want to kill the few new players over and over again so they don't have to do a hard fight with someone who can stand up for himself. If someone is good enough to stand up for himself, he gets gangbanged, instead of receiving some respect.

But I don't want to say too much about it anymore, I realise the good old time with 150 players will never come back. There was less gangbanging at that time, most of the places you went to fight was just random madness, almost everyone for himself. Ofcourse there were gangs, but at that time a gang meant something. Now it's just a tag, with a bunch of idiots fighting the weaker. Like you need a gang for that.

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 11:23:41 AM »
Started off with deagle only, later asked how to get those weapons, invading the ship with friends, buying properties etc.
Now that last point ain't available anymore, there quite isn't any more money needed, because you spawn with "those" weapons. I could say that I don't like the weapons system atm, that's harsh tho, it's ok, not good as it used to.
I haven't been on LW's for many months last to this year, as I rejoined, I saw forum trolls like Gryphus talking about making it easier for noobs, while DBing these, no offence.

You say something as unbelievable as that it was better to start with only deagle, and then you dare to say I'm a troll?? :o Seriously boy, you have to give me a little of what you are taking, it must be awesome!!!! ;D ;D
It's as if in a car forum, I said that a Dacia is better than a Ferrari and besides I said the Ferrari fans are trolls...

Also, you said that now you don't need money because you start with weapons, but this is false because you still need money to buy more ammo and other weapons like rifle, AK47 or M4. You can also use the money to put bounties, host races, buy special items, etc.
And of course I defend an easier server, because everyone has the right to have fun and not only a minority.

Offline S3rs

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 11:27:06 AM »
Gryphus really interesting and stuff, but why do you start the same discussion in every topic?
Just don't go offtopic, and if im right youve created plenty of topic for your point.

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »
why do you start the same discussion in every topic?
Just don't go offtopic

I didn't start it this time.

Offline Swanson

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 11:38:33 AM »
I admire that you care so much for this server Gryphus, but unfortunately people have personal issues against you. And not to demotivate you, but nothing much is gonna change as you've might seen.

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »
but unfortunately people have personal issues against you.

Well I have also some friends in the game, what happens is that they don't make as much noise as my enemies (some of my friends don't even post in the forum), and others have just left the game, so that all is why it seems that everyone is against me, but actually I know that fortunately that's not the case.
Also, if it were true that everyone is against me for being new and for claiming a fair server playable by everyone, then it would perfectly explain why the server is empty.

And not to demotivate you, but nothing much is gonna change as you've might seen.

Well, some things have changed to better, like the mentioned default weapons, the car exports and the new duel arena.

Offline Simon

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Retired
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [CP]Simon
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 01:51:38 PM »
I agree. A lot of people are suggesting "make this easier" -- for the newbies. I do not think there should be more than a free Deagle when you spawn, but I guess the popularity of the idea won. I've always wanted to make challenges in the server, working toward things so that there's a sense of achievement.

Offline Swanson

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 01:57:43 PM »
Well here's a challenge. Make the laming stop and make the server population increase to at least 100 players at primetime. Good luck.

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »
This is just unbelievable!!! better with only deagle??? :o :o :o OMG!!!
Then I reply the same as I did in another thread:

Ohh yeah, and we can also make newcomers to be disabled and have their legs cut, so they have to move on wheelchairs and they cannot walk, run nor drive any vehicles. They have to earn enough money to buy some orthopedic or robotic legs... But wait a moment!!! if they have no legs and are on wheelchairs, they cannot flee from those who want to kill them, losing all they money they have earned. Yeah!!! great idea!!!
Would that be difficult enough for you, sir?  >:( ???

You seem to be missing that what many people want is INSTANT FUN!!!!

If you like to start with nothing and going up, why don't you make LW like one of those horrible RP servers in which you start with no weapons, with no money and even with no ability to drive any vehicles, and in which you have to use the public transportation, find a job, pay your driving license and all that stuff??

Starting with only deagle would be good ONLY if your weapons were saved like your stats and your money in the bank (although in that case weapons should be more expensive), because it would be more similar to the single player mode, in which you are advancing but your progress is saved (I think those RP servers are that way too).