Author Topic: gta / samp crash  (Read 11080 times)

Offline SKY

• Quad Buddy
  • SA-MP Retirees
  • GrandDaddy Bikerr, LETS GET IT LETS GO!
    • Awards
gta / samp crash
« on: December 07, 2010, 09:37:23 PM »
So heres my problem my gta sa crashed when i tried to add skin mods to my single player game. However it messed it up along with samp, so i tried to download them again but for some reason it wont work. Can any one help? (btw sometimes gta works if i only download it without samp installed)
Since 2008
If you are not part of the quadbuddy association than we can not be friends.

Devilboy665

Re: gta / samp crash
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 04:27:40 AM »
lol ..What!? U need backup files or?!
Man if ur thinking about moding..make 2 or 3 copy of gta:sa first!  8)

Offline Slice

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:17:04 AM »
Make 25 copies so you're sure you won't lose anything.

Offline Flashy

• Kiddy Fish
  • You mad?
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 07:18:01 AM »

Could you please stop giving stupid answers to players? Like your attitude he should copy the same files multiple times, useless?!
Just copy one time if it´s needed.

Topic: Maybe you download mods who aren´t compatible with the new SAMP version. Or the mod make you crash. For that simple remove this mods.
Reaction from Mr. Poge after multiple times banned and finally unbanned:
Quote from: Mr. Poge
AlvarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRR!!! Thank YOOOOOOOOOOOUuuuuuuuuuuuu <3333 <3
<333 !!!!      i'm so happyyyyyyyyyy Thaksssss!!! alvarrrrrr )))) :$ :$: :$ :$
Ty Ty Ty Ty Ty Ty Ty Ty i dont know waht to say but i'm so happy man Ty Ty Thank you thank You!! <3 :$
songs good but i dont think that can be maked ...

Devilboy665

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 07:37:03 AM »
Could you please stop giving stupid answers to players? Like your attitude he should copy the same files multiple times, useless?!
And who the fuck are you!? (bothways)
Me..as a moder since 2006..I just gave him a lil piece of advice if hes trying to mod stuff...
for example...I have:

-1 GTA:SA(original) (clean)
-1 GTA:SAMP (some minor modifications)
-1 GTA:SA MODED (fully moded)
-1 GTA:UNITED (minor mods)
-1 GTA:CROATIA(dvb project) (almost done ;)) )

8) Fuke Mather All! .l.  ;D

Offline j.king

• VC-MP Retirees
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 08:09:11 AM »
So heres my problem my gta sa crashed when i tried to add skin mods to my single player game.

I've had this problem, where i edited skins and when i saved it, I either saved it with the pixel's being too high or too low and when the skin came up on the selection screen, my game used to crash. Or if someone was using that skin and if they came anywhere near me.

so i tried to download them again but for some reason it wont work.

If your certain its the skin thats making you crash, why would you want to re-download it? if anything you would need to download the original.

Offline [V]ACE

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »
If you installed mods then it the mods causing your game to crash (because of not loading correctly, too many/little pixles, not integrated in the gta3.img file correctly, not working because the mod sucks, etc)

Depending on the mod and which files have been changed determines how easy it is to reverse this.
If the gta3.img file is the only file edited then try and get a clean file and replace your gta3.img. However this is not a guarantee this will work, because gta:sa and file modification is unpredictable at best. If other files were modded then replace those with clean files. Otherwise reinstall gta:sa and samp.

A note for future:
Using vista ensure "read protection" is not applicable on the files/folders your modding, otherwise it causes a crash.
Copy any files your are modding, or just copy gta:sa (i usually copy the whole thing just in case)
Only install one mod at a time then test it. If you install 5mods and they are ok, and number 6 =crash then you only have to un-install mod number 6, not all 6 mods.

Other than that, there's not much else to say. Hopefully you will get the problem fixed and play online again. alsoi have modded gta3, vc, sa, 4, and other games, and i have made the exact same mistakes, which i why i back up entire game folders now, so i have original game files/folders. Games (esp gta) are unpredictable with mods (esp 4!) so its worth it to have a back up just in-case, rather then uninstalling the whole game and re-installing it over and over because of one mod which does not work

TOP-SAMP

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 12:54:41 PM »
A little off-topic: if you uninstall a program (ANY program), you better do it with Revo Uninstaller, and at the end you also use CCleaner to clean the Registry.

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 01:50:19 PM »
A little off-topic: if you uninstall a program (ANY program), you better do it with Revo Uninstaller, and at the end you also use CCleaner to clean the Registry.

Just use the windows unistaller at control panel and then use CCleaner or Regcleaner for registry. Its not necessary using a different non windows software for uninstalling something. And if u cant uninstal it just use boot windows in safemode and uninstall it. Mostlikely those uninstallers like revo uninstaller contain virusses: worms, trojans etc etc.

- WildStyleZ

Devilboy665

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 03:30:15 PM »
ppl use lots of rly useless programs...that detect files that dont exist..like some antivirus programs...!
As he said use windows uninstall thing! And for everything else ...Tuneup Utilities Rulz!  8)

Offline [V]ACE

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 03:48:51 PM »
stop usin g this thread to tell peopl of the softweare you tihnk is best (it all sucks in reality but we use it becuase we dont realise this suckage)

Keep it on topic please.

TOP-SAMP

Devilboy665

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 03:51:29 PM »
ok np! so...SKY whats the problem? u need backup files? I have them all! what u moded? what u did? speak! lol 8)

Offline SKY

• Quad Buddy
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »
hey, thanks for your guys advices (devilboy... :P) so , what happened now is if i log out my computer account and log back in the game works only. However samp stil doesnt work it says gta sa has stoped working, and its a app crash. My brother tried to fix this but it wouldnt work :P. So any more help? and plz dotn say make copies, its a useless advice for me right now :P
Since 2008

Devilboy665

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 08:59:53 PM »
hey, thanks for your guys advices (devilboy... :P) so , what happened now is if i log out my computer account and log back in the game works only. However samp stil doesnt work it says gta sa has stoped working, and its a app crash. My brother tried to fix this but it wouldnt work :P. So any more help? and plz dotn say make copies, its a useless advice for me right now :P
unninstall SAMP,GTA SA...whatever u have...and install it again!
ps.copies for the future modding fails!  ;) :P

Offline SKY

• Quad Buddy
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 09:35:35 PM »
yea wont work D:
Since 2008