Author Topic: Change stats....?  (Read 5322 times)

Offline mr.dogshit

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
Change stats....?
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »
Ive been thinking about the stats system and have come up wit a few ideas, although im not sure how easy they would be to implement, or if people want it to be changed at all.

Anyway, maybe there could be 2 stats lists... a monthly one that gets reset on the 1st of every month, and a total one - the same as it currently is. This would allow you to implement a server ranking thing based on the monthly one and would be fairer to newer stats users as opposed to being dominated by people like me and brujo with big point totals.

ALSO... i think stats should be changed so that 1st place gets 10 points - all the way down to 10th place who get 1 point (only for people who finish the race of course) - again this would make the stats more relevant to newer users, who are unlikely to finish in the top 3.

and what about, say, 10 points when you set a new track record? or maybe even 5 points when you get a new personal best?

Also what about an additional stat for DM/DD wins?

I say all of this because i think newer stats users are a bit like "meh..." when they do !stats and see [50 races - 0 wins - 0% win ratio - 2 points]... it all seems a bit elitist and favours the more experienced players too much. In my opinion there should be as many ways to get points as possible as it would make it more appealing to newer players who maybe haven't bothered to sign up.

Anyway, im just throwing these ideas out there to be discussed, maybe they're all crappy ideas. ;D

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
Re: Change stats....?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 02:41:15 PM »
I see your point Dogshit, you want the stats to be more "Newbs friendly"... Points off course don't say it all, if you look at the Percentage Races Won, you'll see that there is some difference between players... But the monthly thing/total stats thing sounds nice, I know that too from UT2004 etc, pretty fun :)
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline mr.dogshit

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 04:46:28 PM »
I see your point Dogshit, you want the stats to be more "Newbs friendly"... Points off course don't say it all, if you look at the Percentage Races Won, you'll see that there is some difference between players... But the monthly thing/total stats thing sounds nice, I know that too from UT2004 etc, pretty fun :)

But thats my point... with stats so centred around wins and win ratio any new person that signs up isn't going to feel as if they're really competing or that they're making a difference (if that makes sense :) )

Offline Accident_o.O

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 07:36:44 PM »
I love the current stats system, kudos to Cygnus ^^ The only thing I would like to see added is sections, like one section for players who have played 1-250 races, one for 251-1000 races etc.

alternatively just add status to players on the list, newbie, veteran, etc. depending on the no. of races played.

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
  • the boss of the midnight club
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »
alternatively just add status to players on the list, newbie, veteran, etc. depending on the no. of races played.

after 10000 races you become a missionary!

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 03:23:40 PM »
0 - 250: Newbie
251 - 500: Beginner
501 - 1000: Veteran
1001 - 2500: Advanced
2501 - 5000: Expert
5001 - 10.000: Missionary
10.001 - 25.000: Large Trout
25.001 - Infinity: No life
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline Accident_o.O

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 05:26:58 PM »
Love it Snipe & Brujo ^^

Offline Cortez

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 09:30:51 PM »
I think it would be better if its by number of wins, cause you're not a good player just because you played 5000 races...

Offline Fur-Q

• Kiddy Fish
  • The vehicle behind you.......is probably Fur-Q
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »
I think it would be better if its by number of wins, cause you're not a good player just because you played 5000 races...

I'm living proof of that cortez  ;)

It would be nice to have the points spread out a bit more, as dog originally said

Offline Knuckles

• MTA:SA Race Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 04:39:15 PM »
I would rather destroy the pointing system. it's just ruining the "fun" of racing.

It makes most people being too competitive and end up ramming/shooting/blocking, even more to get in first. It makes others get more frustrated when getting "noobed" by others and not being able to catch up and end up with shit stats.

I think there should be only:

-Races Played
-Races Finished
-Number of Records

It would just make people ending up 4th and lower actually be happy to finish instead of being angry for not getting points. and people actually try to finish instead of trying to get ride of people around them to get in the top positions. Points is what makes lots of great players being shitty.

So in big:
-Abolish points
-Abolish counting 1st/2nd/3rd position
-Reward players completing races.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:48:44 PM by Knuckles »

Offline Fur-Q

• Kiddy Fish
  • The vehicle behind you.......is probably Fur-Q
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 07:22:10 PM »
Of course you're right Knuckles.
I should try harder or settle for being crap.

Forget what I said, I'm with Knuckles  :)

do me a favor Knuckles delete my stats, please
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 11:59:33 PM by Fur-Q »

Offline mr.dogshit

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 12:21:23 AM »
I would rather destroy the pointing system. it's just ruining the "fun" of racing.

It makes most people being too competitive and end up ramming/shooting/blocking, even more to get in first. It makes others get more frustrated when getting "noobed" by others and not being able to catch up and end up with shit stats.

-Races Played
-Races Finished
-Number of Records

It would just make people ending up 4th and lower actually be happy to finish instead of being angry for not getting points. and people actually try to finish instead of trying to get ride of people around them to get in the top positions. Points is what makes lots of great players being shitty.

So in big:
-Abolish points

personally, id love to see that too... although i reckon you could also lose 'Races Played'

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
  • the boss of the midnight club
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 12:10:30 PM »

-Races Played
-Races Finished
-Number of Records

So in big:
-Abolish points

i don't think it changes something about ramming/shooting/blocking. it's a race game, so the point is to be in first at the end, stats or not. it isn't a ballad!
look at the gta4's multiplayer, it's the WAR, even if there is no points to win. and i just talking about the race mod, not the races+guns mod. the rules are clear: ramming, blocking and accelerate to be in first position!