Author Topic: Little Whitey's empty  (Read 11449 times)

Offline [JOKER]Miczi

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Proud LW player since SA-MP 0,1b
    • Awards
Re: Little Whitey's empty
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 07:07:21 PM »
Noone arues, it's okay as long as there is peace and love ;p and offtopic topics are booring. I've never denied that management did a great job here for years, and I'm grateful for the fun I had here. But there are still people who spend a lot of effort into finding out why the server is dying and solving it, since I was doing the same not so long ago and failed, they deserve to be saved from wasting their time. As you said, Hardy, I think we just have to let it go, but I see no harm in discussing it - hey, my english would be even worse If I hadn't answered such topics for years :P

Offline n1K

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • COCKY PRICK!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 07:16:26 PM »
Well i guess they haven't lost interest in samp. They have just lost interest in LW because so many of scripters/admins are working on their own servers. Its pity seeing that but on the other hand its understandable. Who would want to script for a server that is so cluttered and mismanaged?? Its time to move on to other server folks, believe me! Even though LW was my origin as a samp player, but its time..!

So, i guess its just going to be a matter of time when LW will be down all of a sudden because donations are going down as people hardly play here and also i dont think how long management will keep spending money on hosting it if they dont care about it and dont want to continue further with this project. I never wanted to say this but we all are totally disappointed LWs management, totally! They could have just asked for whatever they wanted to get scripted and i bet so many helping hands would have come forward. I dont wanna make this a long speech.

But (all of you guys because of whom LW is dead) fuck you! Also, please dont write "its sad LW is dying therefore we are discontinuing this and that" because LW is dying as you guys never bothered to take a second look about it.  :-X
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:25:35 PM by 1 »

Offline iMJets

• SA-MP Donator
  • .::[UB]::. Clan Founder
    • [UnBreakables] Clan Forums
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Jets[UB]
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 08:54:43 PM »
old news. the server has been empty for awhile now because a lot of the older players have grown out of it, and etc..

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »
Well don't be to hard on management (and that says me who was of that opinion some time now).
Many things went wrong and it's not completely managements fault,
as hardy said no-one and everyone is guilty, blaming anyone does not make anything better.

It's not that management does not care at all, they just fixed /kill-spams and reactivated the NPC-bots today.
Maybe it's a late understanding, maybe they've never been gone, but what's most sure is that they can't be held liable alone for what happened.
Maybe it just was the server's time to say goodbye.

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 02:48:27 AM »
Its quite obvious management does not care anymore. Nothing got done when they started to lose players. Not a finger got lifted (atleast none that we could see). There was hardly any communication comming from within management towards the community.

If there is one to blame it is them. They did not care about losing players then and they still dont care now. Otherwise we would have had a new gamemode long ago. And it would have been pushed through.

The only guy from management that did care was/is Simon. He had help from others but it was just not enough to motivate and continue i guess.

We can bitch and moan about this all day and all week long. But at the end of it nothing comes out of it. Just like politics.

Offline prescoa1

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »
management cares.. they just have other responsibilities and have moved on from the game. They aren't involved enough to be able to meet the needs of the long gone server

Offline redtalent

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »
errrrr
well ty for the time to think about and write all this, redtalent, but i'm sorry to tell you that you wasted your time.
There are definitely no changes coming in conceivable time. (Atleast from my point of view, which i believe is objective in this case)

What you say about the 'era LW' is true, and what you said about the features is right and i totally agree.

But pointing it out once again does not help any, neither does pulling players to it neither does this topic,
and this goes to all:

I know it's hard to understand as we all been here for so long and know this place so well, had found and lost good friends and had a lot of fun and a good time. But still we cannot deny the undeniable:

It's over.

All these things had been said before.
Saying all these things had no effect at all before.
It has not been cared about all these things before.
All these things do not make a difference now either.

There's nothing we can do. All i can say is: Let's not argue where's nothing left to argue about.

True, but there can be development without development if you know what i mean :P

There can be minor changes to the server without a need to change the script etc.

Like admins participating in new changes such as giving race hosters money to re-invest depending on number of participants

Maybe admins could even offer more things to spend money on, like giving players previously 'banned' weapons such as miniguns, RPGs and tanks in return for large amounts of cash

I think despite the end of the official development admins can still play a big part in changing the server for the good

The server will never be full like the old days but it can still improve, it's been alright the past week or so as well, relatively healthy influx of players recently.
_Red[UK]'s noobing era: Early 2008 - September 2009, won about 4/5 races :P

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 06:28:31 AM »
Maybe admins could even offer more things to spend money on, like giving players previously 'banned' weapons such as miniguns, RPGs and tanks in return for large amounts of cash
lol. ^^
You wish xD

Offline [JOKER]Miczi

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Proud LW player since SA-MP 0,1b
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 11:17:45 AM »
Even though admins are willing to organise such things, to somehow omit the limitations of gameplay to introduce something new, it is not that easy. We could give weapons you mentioned (even though I don't think it's a good idea) except tanks, but every crash, lose of connection etc. would get you banned if we did it by commands. We could organise for example prizes for the gang which gets the biggest amount of turfs, but we can't really count the turfs, only "more or less" by looking at the map. And we could reward players with money for races, for mentioned gang wars, winning events and such but... what would we give them? Money? They don't need it. Weapons? They don't need it either. Miniguns and RPGs? Only in a package with free ban by LWbot :P The only reward which works almost as well as if it was scripted, is spawn armour.

Events make sense when winners can be rewarded well, cause then participants really want to win. If it comes to minor changes in the script don't look at me, I can't script for shit :P

Offline Swanson

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 01:13:16 PM »
I'm not familiar with Pawn but I'm sure there should be someone in this community who can write a script that creates a special group of players, which excludes them from being autobanned when they have forbidden weapons. So when an admin makes an event, he can add players to that group, and all those players have some amount of exclusive rights and they all can enjoy the event without getting banned.

But now I'm thinking of it, who am I talking to and what the hell do I know :D

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 01:23:02 PM »
I'm not familiar with Pawn but I'm sure there should be someone in this community who can write a script that creates a special group of players, which excludes them from being autobanned when they have forbidden weapons. So when an admin makes an event, he can add players to that group, and all those players have some amount of exclusive rights and they all can enjoy the event without getting banned.

But now I'm thinking of it, who am I talking to and what the hell do I know :D
Ofcourse this can be made and surely there are people in the community who can do this.
But tell them to talk with Popz about it, go ahead. You'll see his reply. :3

Offline Swanson

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2012, 01:33:39 PM »
I think Popz doesn't care that's why I drop my shit here, that won't do any harm. It's just an idea anyone can pick up if they feel like, no obligations :)

Offline prescoa1

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2012, 03:58:07 PM »
it's been said many times, the script is very old and messy and when you modify things you break other things. THAT is why they wanted to restart the script, or restructure it at the very least. Some people judge things without any information at all

Offline n1K

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • COCKY PRICK!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2012, 04:39:35 PM »
FIND ANOTHR GAME FRINDS!  :D

Offline Me[T]aL_

• Fisher
  • Que Pasa Am Mexican
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
i'ma start playing here again i miss the good old times in this server from wars at nam to mindless trolling and shit ig ugh i miss old lw's :'( specially lag team OcB