Author Topic: Phone lego's anyone?  (Read 18692 times)

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
Re: Phone lego's anyone?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 09:52:54 PM »
They have already confirmed it though that it will reduce waste. And parts will be recyclable.

Of course they comfirm that. They want to make money after all.

And of course they are also recycleable. But the question is if people bother to recycle/re-sell those tiny parts or just throw them away.

Most waste dump companies recycle now anyway.

Wow. Such a smart people we have here. How come none of you made something by now?

And what should we be making? Perhaps jokes about how bad your english is?

Offline Devilboy665

• SA-MP Donator
  • Don't hate the player, hate the game, baby!
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »
Wow. Such a smart people we have here. How come none of you made something by now?

And what should we be making? Perhaps jokes about how bad your english is?
Really? After all these years? My english!? D;;;;

Nope. I ate some iron.

Yet he has decided to reply normally.

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 10:52:20 AM »
Just saw on redshark, that Axiom is jumping on that idea in camera development:
http://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/1123-this-could-be-the-biggest-advance-in-camera-design-for-a-decade

So there are actually people that see a future in modular devices.

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2013, 06:13:41 PM »
Just saw on redshark, that Axiom is jumping on that idea in camera development:
http://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/1123-this-could-be-the-biggest-advance-in-camera-design-for-a-decade

So there are actually people that see a future in modular devices.

Not just people see a future in it. Alot of companies do as well. The fact that motorola is backing this idea gives me high hopes. They brought the first mobile phone on the market in 1973 i believe it was.

Just imagine this: When you break the phone u have now you either buy a new phone right? Or you go to the shop if its under warranty and let it get fixed (which usually costs money depending on the contract) and u get it back like 3 to 6 weeks later. Now they can simply replace the broken parts in the shop (since its alot easier to find out which parts are broken) And u get it back in like an hour perhaps?

This is the fast lane era we live in. So things like this will have to happen eventually.

Offline Devilboy665

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »
No, actually if you drop your phone, it gets damaged in random places/parts. And you will have to pay for every broken part. As there is no warranty for people dropping phones or damaging them in any way besides the insides of it which can only be broken by those that made the phone, if they are not damaged from dropping.

I think, if you drop a lego phone, you will destroy much more parts than on normal phone. Not just the outsides of course (which can be damaged easier than the insides, from dropping)

For example, iShit gives you new iShit if that menu button goes inside a bit.

Another example: My little brother damaged charger plug-in on his phone and paid nothing, as he had warranty. I told them it's shitty job they did so it's easy to be broken.

I had about 10 phones by now, never had anything broken on them. I mean, nothing breaks on it's own.

I still agree that lego is a shit idea. Plus, Motorola is also shit.

It's not about how much time it will take to find and replace broken part, you will still have to pay for it. Maybe 5 times more for; "Quick Fix Service!"

ps. That is why you can get new Android phone for less than 50 euros today. So the idea is shit. Except for 'eco-friendly' people ofc.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 06:50:33 PM by Jester »

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 06:59:55 PM »
googled 'eco friendly people', first result:

not disappointed.

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »
LMAO

btw.. why does that dude need so many tissues if he has a chick like that?
BikeDriv:))))

Haha blwelrwelrt, I registered here earlier :P

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »
Because he cries everytime he sees what our economy has done to mother nature.

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 11:31:31 PM »
No, actually if you drop your phone, it gets damaged in random places/parts. And you will have to pay for every broken part. As there is no warranty for people dropping phones or damaging them in any way besides the insides of it which can only be broken by those that made the phone, if they are not damaged from dropping.

I think, if you drop a lego phone, you will destroy much more parts than on normal phone. Not just the outsides of course (which can be damaged easier than the insides, from dropping)

For example, iShit gives you new iShit if that menu button goes inside a bit.

Another example: My little brother damaged charger plug-in on his phone and paid nothing, as he had warranty. I told them it's shitty job they did so it's easy to be broken.

I had about 10 phones by now, never had anything broken on them. I mean, nothing breaks on it's own.

I still agree that lego is a shit idea. Plus, Motorola is also shit.

It's not about how much time it will take to find and replace broken part, you will still have to pay for it. Maybe 5 times more for; "Quick Fix Service!"

ps. That is why you can get new Android phone for less than 50 euros today. So the idea is shit. Except for 'eco-friendly' people ofc.

You obviously dont think about what you are actually saying.

Warranty has many loopholes. For instance who is to say that you dropped your phone? Unless you tell them that yourself your basically simpleminded and stupid.

You dont know how many parts you break in a phonebloks phone same goes for any other phone.

Apple can give that kind of service because of the highly overprices products (macbook pro and a laptop with the same specs usually have a 750 euro difference in price and same goes for the phone) So yea you basically have paid in advance if something breaks. Besides they get manufactured for 200 or 300 a piece and sold for double or tripple that.

Well some people are carefull with their stuff and others are not. 1 out of 5 people is walking around with a cracked screen on their phone.

You are entitled to your opinion on how shit you find it. But hear this. Alot of the electronics you probably use have motorola parts in them or parts of their subsidiary companies.

It actually does matter how much time it takes these days as a mobile phone is a very important part of life right now. We cant be doing smoke signals anymore or carrier pidgeons. Also When you have a friend (or who ever) with a phonebloks phone and you have one as well. Its pretty much a give away that you can test every single piece you have on your friends phone and find the broken part. And when u find it you simply buy a new replacement part for less than what you describe. (besides custumer service would not ever charge 5 times more for the quick fix service if they wanne keep their customers. Besides they would also get behind the idea that anyone could find the broken part themselves with a second phonebloks phone)

Maybe in your country you can get a new phone for 50 bucks. But here any new phone you buy (that being a smart phone) will be more than 150 euro. Simply because phones usually stay in the shop for roughly 6 months and are then being phased out.

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 12:09:29 AM »
It actually does matter how much time it takes these days as a mobile phone is a very important part of life right now.

Only an as important part as you make them.........

Mine is some useless piece of fuck I could throw away any time without a problem..
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:11:55 AM by BikeDriver »

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 10:38:42 AM »
It actually does matter how much time it takes these days as a mobile phone is a very important part of life right now.

Only an as important part as you make them.........

Mine is some useless piece of fuck I could throw away any time without a problem..

So for work, school, family and friends you dont use it that often ? I use it for all those things every single day well except school right now.

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2013, 12:18:55 PM »
As I have said I do have a mobile phone. But it was the cheapest one I could find and I only use it for calling and texting... and as an alarm clock.

What if I told you that you do not need a 600€ toy phone to stay in contact with other people?

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2013, 12:59:02 PM »
As I have said I do have a mobile phone. But it was the cheapest one I could find and I only use it for calling and texting... and as an alarm clock.

What if I told you that you do not need a 600€ toy phone to stay in contact with other people?

And thats why a phonebloks phone is so awesome. You can simply build it to your needs ;)

Offline Devilboy665

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 02:35:55 PM »
Maybe in your country you can get a new phone for 50 bucks. But here any new phone you buy (that being a smart phone) will be more than 150 euro. Simply because phones usually stay in the shop for roughly 6 months and are then being phased out.
Don't be a nazi. I got Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S for 100euros when I was in Austria. It was my dream phone since 2011. As I couldn't afford it before, especially here in Croatia, as it's still around 300euros for used one. As SE don't make them anymore. Even it is the best phone ever made.

From that, you again see how pointless lego phone is. Big companie make awesome phone for 6 months, like you said. Then it's time for new, up to date, better looking phone. Even Arc S is the sexiest phone ever.

There are still companies that care about the mother nature. Every phone maker company cares, because it has to. That is why they make shitty phones so you have to buy new phone every few months. And not just because of the looks.

Every OS was made to get out taded pretty fast. So when you need a new phone, it's not about the looks or performance, it's because applications and games are built to eat more and more from your phone, for no particular reason. Plus, they make applications run slower on older OS and stuff like that. And not just the HQ games. It's applications like social network applications, calculators etc.

It's all about marketing scales.

If lego phone ever hits the shelves, it must have it's own OS that won't get outdated, 100000000+ market available applications and stuff. As bluetooth, camera, wifi, don't get outdated or broken if you don't break them. Only way they get broken it's when OS that runs it gets fucked up. So even if you replace camera or bluetooth on your phone, chances are it wont work as OS is still fucked up. So you will have to update/fix your OS. Or lego plans to run like desktop PC? But anyway it want's to go, the competition will eat it! It's too late! And it never ends!!

Get it?! It's endless circle! And it's spinning around! Everyone want's to sell shit fast! 23! You know!? #illuminati

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »
Don't be a nazi. I got Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S for 100euros when I was in Austria. It was my dream phone since 2011. As I couldn't afford it before, especially here in Croatia, as it's still around 300euros for used one. As SE don't make them anymore. Even it is the best phone ever made.

From that, you again see how pointless lego phone is. Big companie make awesome phone for 6 months, like you said. Then it's time for new, up to date, better looking phone. Even Arc S is the sexiest phone ever.

There are still companies that care about the mother nature. Every phone maker company cares, because it has to. That is why they make shitty phones so you have to buy new phone every few months. And not just because of the looks.

Every OS was made to get out taded pretty fast. So when you need a new phone, it's not about the looks or performance, it's because applications and games are built to eat more and more from your phone, for no particular reason. Plus, they make applications run slower on older OS and stuff like that. And not just the HQ games. It's applications like social network applications, calculators etc.

It's all about marketing scales.

If lego phone ever hits the shelves, it must have it's own OS that won't get outdated, 100000000+ market available applications and stuff. As bluetooth, camera, wifi, don't get outdated or broken if you don't break them. Only way they get broken it's when OS that runs it gets fucked up. So even if you replace camera or bluetooth on your phone, chances are it wont work as OS is still fucked up. So you will have to update/fix your OS. Or lego plans to run like desktop PC? But anyway it want's to go, the competition will eat it! It's too late! And it never ends!!

Get it?! It's endless circle! And it's spinning around! Everyone want's to sell shit fast! 23! You know!? #illuminati

How does that make me a nazi? I do not see the link.

2,5 years ago i bought the Sony Arc now i own the Xperia Z. Thing is you live in a shitty part of Europe where they depend on tourism.

OS's dont get made to get outdated fast. You might see it that way but its totally wrong. You have no idea how many companies still run Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. Some are just now graduating to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Simply because the support for it will last till 2025 ish. With phones they simply upgrade to the new version from going to 4.1 to 4.2. Its not getting out dated phone OS's get constantly updated.

Social media apps do not use much resources like you think they do. Its usually stuff like sync services (which actually drains the Arc and Arc S within half a day just FYI so turn that off)

Bluetooth, camera, Wi-Fi will get out dated. I dont see any phones supporting 0G or 1G anymore its all 3G and soon 4G same goes for Bluetooth. And Camera well resolutions go up each time. We already hit the 4K mark on TVs etc etc.

Beauty of Linux comes right along when you talk about OS's. Linux you can install on any PC. Take out the HDD of that PC and plant it into another PC with totally different specs. You cant do that with Windows OS. There also is a Linux Mobile version which i have installed on my Sony Arc and works perfectly is faster and better than Anroid.

Endless circles don't exists in this situation as we keep moving forward and we don't meet the point where it all started. So that comment is pretty much flawed.

And it looks to me like you are one of those conspiracy nutcases. But yea like i said we live in the fast lane era right now. Where everything is moving faster than we can comprehend but thats ok.