Author Topic: Reporting rule breakers - PLEASE READ THIS  (Read 25068 times)

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
Reporting rule breakers - PLEASE READ THIS
« on: March 31, 2014, 11:35:40 AM »
Since some of us are still not aware on how to properly report players on the VC:MP server, please take a minute and read this.

WHAT TO DO:
  • Gather whatever evidence you may have at hand and upload it online. For screenshots, I recommend imgur.com, whereas for videos I recommend YouTube.

WHAT NOT TO DO:
  • Create report threads in the General Discussion board, begging for players to be banned.
  • Create report threads in boards of other servers, even dumber than the first point.
  • Create report threads in the Ban Appeal board, which just kills the former two on the stupidity scale.

Reports against players not made in the VC-MP Reports board will ultimately be ignored.

Thank you for your attention.

UPDATE: 28/03/2015

When reporting players in-game, this brief set of instructions applies:

WHAT TO DO:
  • Use /report

WHAT NOT TO DO:
  • Annoy members of the staff team in-game through the use of public chat or private messaging.

(edited by @SuriAttacker, instead of /c report use /report since the old command is no longer supported in 0.4)

UPDATE: 04/04/2015

Post in the VC-MP Reports board only and I do mean ONLY to report a player. The thread is NOT a place for debates or personal opinions.

From this point on all unnecessary posts will be removed and violating the rule above may result in a forum ban. You've been warned.

UPDATE 31/05/2015

The only people allowed to post in existing threads of the VC-MP Reports board are:

• the player that has initiated the report
  • members of the staff
  • the reported player (if, by the time he decides to post, the thread is still open)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 06:06:12 PM by stubborn »

Offline Darfy

Re: Reporting rule breakers - PLEASE READ THIS
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 12:18:17 PM »
A new rule has been added:

Post in the Report a player - RustySpoon v2 thread only and I do mean ONLY to report a player. The thread is NOT a place for debates or personal opinions.

From this point on all unnecessary posts will be removed and violating the rule above may result in a forum ban. You've been warned.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 12:26:35 PM by Darfy »

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »
UPDATE 31/05/2015

The only people allowed to post in existing threads of the VC-MP Reports board are:

• the player that has initiated the report
  • members of the staff
  • the reported player (if, by the time he decides to post, the thread is still open)

This rule is effective immediately. Any violators will be shot. Any survivors will be shot again. You have been warned.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:25:44 PM by ǝuıɥdɹoɯ »

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 05:08:53 PM »
^ Reminder.

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 02:38:34 PM »
UPDATE 31/05/2015

the player that has initiated the report
members of the staff
the reported player (if, by the time he decides to post, the thread is still open)

This rule is effective immediately. Any violators will be shot. Any survivors will be shot again. You have been warned.

I would like to remind and accentuate this article of the rule.

Writing 'sorry for posting here but..' does not make you exempt from abiding by these rules. Do not post in reports unless you fall under one of the aforementioned categories.

Offline PunkNoodle

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 11:37:35 PM »

Post in the VC-MP Reports board only and I do mean ONLY to report a player. The thread is NOT a place for debates or personal opinions.

A necessary bump as reminder. Not going to bother with warnings or post removal, if you post any irrelevant stuff, you're going to enjoy a forum ban.
I'm waiting for you to apologize on your knees for committing this tape mistake that will cost you dearly hahaha