Author Topic: FPS Limit  (Read 17158 times)

Offline AdTec_224

• Management
    • Awards
Re: FPS Limit
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 09:41:16 PM »
Nobody gives a shit about 1-2 bullets not being synced or some 2 milliseconds speed advantage VRocker was talking about or w/e. Turn off the frame limiter otherwise we will have real problems with the player count.

Wait a minute so you guys are actually saying you don't care if bullets don't work properly on Team Deathmatch server?!

Offline krystianoo1

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 09:43:30 PM »
Maybe we don't care because BARELY any bullets weren't working properly.
Maybe that's why.

You refuse to see the bigger picture. Why would you want better sync if barely anyone will play at your server? The server still has players, yes, but judging from the fact that an unofficial server with a not-so-good script had like 30 players again today, the playercount will start dropping more and more.
Give the community what it wants or it will refuse to play. That's how it was and still is, and probably how it will be.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:07:46 AM by krystianoo1 »

Offline Foxtrot

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 09:45:45 PM »
All this time we played in 60fps there WAS NOT 1 SINGLE REPORT of bullets not going in. I hosted the LW Cup and we had more than 60 players online at a time for more than a couple of days and i watched probably more than 30-40 duels. There was no problem with the sync.

Most of the time theory is just theory.
   <~morphine>   nobody likes foxtrot
   <~morphine>   nobody understands his ethos
   <~morphine>   and nobody ever will

Offline The Milko

• VC-MP Retirees
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »
If anything to be done about the player count, enforce 60 FPS instead of 30. That way everyone will have the same FPS, or at least, most of players.

Offline Foxtrot

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 09:52:16 PM »
Nobody gives a shit about 1-2 bullets not being synced or some 2 milliseconds speed advantage VRocker was talking about or w/e. Turn off the frame limiter otherwise we will have real problems with the player count.

Wait a minute so you guys are actually saying you don't care if bullets don't work properly on Team Deathmatch server?!

Think about it, if 60 fps was that really big of a problem, would we still have got 60 players online?
To me it seems that the perfect sync with 30 fps is losing players as opposed to the "shitty uplayable sync" that 60 fps offers.
   <~morphine>   nobody likes foxtrot
   <~morphine>   nobody understands his ethos
   <~morphine>   and nobody ever will

Offline stormeus

• VC-MP Donator
  • VC:MP Developer
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 03:55:16 AM »
I just noticed that CPU usage on 30 FPS is much lower. Maybe that's why players lagged on 60 FPS so much.

To be fair VC and VC:MP have to do additional calculations at higher framerates anyway.

I have no input on this, please don't solicit me for it.

Offline The Milko

• VC-MP Retirees
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 04:39:46 AM »
I just noticed that CPU usage on 30 FPS is much lower. Maybe that's why players lagged on 60 FPS so much.

To be fair VC and VC:MP have to do additional calculations at higher framerates anyway.

I have no input on this, please don't solicit me for it.

I'm fine with either of them. What bothers me is the large player loss, that's it.

Offline KakaroT

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 09:35:01 AM »
30fps are really irritating. 60fps were fine and so smooth, and there wasn't any sync problem. let me show you a video where I was driving Skimmer and Knuckles was standing up on skimmer and there wasn't any problem, he didn't fall down until I over turned the plane. but since fps limiter is enabled, we can't even pass sea. or even stay for 5 seconds on plane. The sync works shit like 0.3's on 30fps. and player sync lags too. I seriously can't fight properly on 30fps.
http://tinypic.com/r/24njofc/8

Offline Bryce

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Admin of the Year (2015)
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 10:05:28 AM »
I really respect AdTec's discussion but I think there's no point of keeping the server at 30 FPS while other servers are using 60 FPS lock. People got used of playing at 60 FPS cap and because of that we are losing too much PLAYERS. I think we should just reverse this change and prevent more loss of players.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 02:12:28 PM by Bryce »

Offline ED4HS

• Tiny Fish
  • It's UF, babe
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2015, 05:39:08 AM »
You may decrease Pings limit but no FPS... @BloodClaw where are you? #No30FPS

Offline StraightFire

• Kiddy Fish
  • #Dave
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 07:10:53 AM »
This is what we called a real PLAYER loss #No30fps

Offline ED4HS

• Tiny Fish
  • It's UF, babe
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 07:26:18 AM »

StraightFire lagger lol! ???

Offline stormeus

• VC-MP Donator
  • VC:MP Developer
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 07:31:13 AM »

This is what I call posting a screenshot of the player count on an early Monday morning when player count is always lowest.

Offline StraightFire

• Kiddy Fish
  • #Dave
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2015, 07:55:15 AM »
But at that time the players who used to play in LWs  was playing in other unofficial servers so this isn't player loss?, i will not add name of the server(s)

Offline Usmanulamin

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Most Friendly (2015)
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2015, 08:14:21 AM »
There isn't such drastic player count drop but we should admit that there is a reduction in players on the peak times when the count was over 40 players which has now dropped to 20-30.