Author Topic: Introducing: Custom Weapons  (Read 31086 times)

Offline Darfy

Introducing: Custom Weapons
« on: February 13, 2016, 08:28:34 PM »
Many of you are probably already aware of the recently added 9 custom weapons. These new weapons include 9MM Silenced, AK-47, Desert Eagle, Dragunov, M249, MAC-10 Silenced, MP5-K, Scorpion, and Steyr AUG.

These weapons are actually beta weapons for Vice City and they were meant to be included in the game, but for a reason or another Rockstar decided to cut them from the final release. The reason we ended up adding these weapons and these only is that we wanted to keep as loyal to the original game as possible and also why we won't most likely be adding any weapons outside of this category.

Some of the texture files already existed in the game files, some exported from San Andreas and some are conversions from the PS2 version scrap files made by various GTA modders.
The sound effects are mostly exports from San Andreas while few were grabbed from a royalty-free sound sample website.
Specifications of the weapons were set by comparing them to similar weapons from San Andreas and Vice City as well as referring to the specs of real world versions of each weapon.
The weapons were tested multiple times and found functional by myself, AdTec_224, morphine and Hanney.

Unfortunately the weapons are not available from the Ammu Nation yet, but are given to skins upon their spawn. Now available from Ammu-Nation as well! Here's a complete list of both those skins and the weapons, including some basic specs.

9MM Silenced
Skin: SWAT, FBI, New Shark,
Light Undercover
Damage: Low
Fire-rate: Medium
Range: Short
AK-47
Skin: Brown Dress Lady,
"Relax" Haitian
Damage: High
Range: Medium
Desert Eagle
Skin: Soldier,
White Dress Lady,
Dark Red Haitian
Damage: Medium
Fire-rate: Slow
Dragunov
Skin: SWAT
Damage: High
Fire-rate: Medium, long reload
Range: Extremely long

M249
Skin: Soldier, Lighthouse Lady
Damage: Very high
Range: Medium
MAC-10 Silenced
Skin: SWAT, Brown Dress Lady
Damage: Low
Fire-rate: Fast
MP5-K
Skin: Fat Biker, Lighthouse Lady,
Dark Undercover Cop
Damage: Medium
Scorpion
Skin: Shark #2, Skinny Biker
Damage: Very low
Steyr AUG
Skin: FBI, Shopping Bag Lady
Damage: Very low
Range: Very long

Extra Information - Note from Hanney

Custom weapons were implemented to increase the spectrum of weapon's available on the server. Each custom weapon was designed to co-exist with the vanilla weapons. Basically, if someone who hadn't played Vice City before were to come along they shouldn't be able to tell what is a vanilla weapon and what is custom (excluding the different HUDS) all attributes of each weapon should feel natural to Vice City. Thus meaning:

- Weapon models that "belong" in Vice City in terms of theme, style and quality.
- Weapon textures that aren't of too high texture quality and are on a similar level of existing weapons.
- Weapon stats that are balanced and not overpowered or underpowered and fit alongside other existing weapons.
- Weapon sounds that fit Vice City and aren't too "realistic".

Each of the custom weapon stats are designed in mind to either provide a larger variety of weapons or to support different play styles in game. Below is a short description of each weapon highlighting the intended uses of the weapon, though obviously you as the player decide how you use these.

9MM - Added as another 1 handed pistol as the only current pistol similar that is available is the colt45.

AK47 - A somewhat less than medium range weapon. It has less the range than that of a Ruger/M4 and a fire rate the same as that of the Ruger. However, despite it's lack of range this is made up by the increased body damage that the weapon deals at closer ranges making it a weapon of choice for those who may not be good with playing at maximum range of M4/Ruger and often more than not are better at body hits.

Desert Eagle - This weapon lays somewhere between a Colt and a Python. It has a slightly longer range than the python but does less slightly less damage than the python. Also contains a larger clip size.

Dragunov - This weapon is a hybrid between the bolt action sniper and the laser sniper. It has a fire rate with a speed somewhere in between the bolt action and laser sniper but an extra long reload time of 3 seconds after all ammunition has been dispensed. Unlike the laser sniper by default, it comes with a reticle in the center of the scope making shots easier to line up. This is due to many players on vc-mp having modified laser snipers with custom HUD's with the cross hair on the screen. This could be argued that it is an unfair advantage therefore by placing a sniper in the game with such a HUD it eliminates this disadvantage making it fair for all including the less knowledgeable.

M249 - Very similar to the M60 however a slightly tweaked version. This weapon has a much much shorter range than the M60 but increased damage. It's intended usage of play style is as an anti-vehicle weapon. Due to the short range and increased damage it is very effective at blowing vehicles up more than any other weapon in the game is currently (excluding shotguns)
This makes it an ideal weapon for quickly taking out vehicles for example helicopters and groups of players in vehicles approaching. (Will most likely be tweaked even more in future for it's final stats)

MAC-10 Silenced - An alternative to the Ingrams, deployed as a means for providing variety to the walking sub machine guns that are currently available.

Skorpion - Another mobile SMG provided with the intention of creating a larger variety. This gun is the weakest of any of the walking SMG's in the game.

MP5-K - The mobile version of the MP5 that is currently in the game as a vanilla weapon. It is similar to that of the MP5 in terms of stats. Like the MP5 which is the most powerful SMG in the game this is also the most powerful mobile SMG in the game available. Player are able to move and shoot this weapon and it offers the most damage. On the other hand, range is decreased compared to the MP5.

Steyr Aug - was initially designed as a Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) hybrid between that of a sniper and an assault rifle. In terms of rifles this weapon has the longest range out of any weapon in the game including M4/Ruger but has a very very low damage, fire rate and cartridge size compared to the M4/Ruger. The weapon had a cartridge size of 9 initially but due to feedback it has now been increased to 15 for lag compensation (15 compared to the M4/Ruger which has 30 shots).

This weapon is designed to be most effective for players who wish to remain at very far ranges and are comfortable with head shots at such ranges picking off targets that may be out of range to return fire or distracted. It may also be effective for players such as roofers who wish to camp on roofs that are very tall compared to their targets on the ground. This weapon should give them a boost in reach. However, as the weapon damage and clip size is very low it is at it's weakest when fighting close up to the target as body damage dealt is very low and clip size may run out.

These weapons are subject to change at any point and may be removed entirely. There are a number of issues currently on the server which pose a threat to the design of these weapons such as bugs where some players joining the servers are unable to load custom weapons, bugs with the current ammo count when switching weapons and some parameters in the custom weapon data file may be fixed if possible as it is not currently possible to adjust the fire rate of each weapon (atleast not without messing around with the animation order which can cause more bugs than it's worth)

Special thanks to Berkley for making us new in-game icons for each weapon. I believe they are a match with Zera's HD icons, so you might want to grab and install those to make all of them look alike.

Finally, any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated. So please, if there's something that you would like to see changed do share it with us and we'll see what we can do.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:29:39 PM by Darfy »

Offline DamnYouBerkley!

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
Re: Introducing: Custom Weapons
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 02:57:03 AM »
Special thanks to Berkley for making us new in-game icons for each weapon. I believe they are a match with Zera's HD icons, so you might want to grab and install those to make all of them look alike.
Thank you very much Darfy, is not a problem for me help to the staff and give my best to the server.

So, Click me! to get the icons with the same frame like the new weapon icons added.

Colt 45
This is the icon made by Zera.
Desert Eagle
And This is the icon made by Me
for the new update, is not the same
but got a similar style.

One more time, Thanks  8)
Quote from: NewK
First of all, amazing work Berkley, we need more people like you in this community, people who are willing to go the extra mile to catch these cunts.

Offline Noori

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Give Respect Get Respect
  • Awards VC-MP Admin of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:05:44 AM »
Nice work . :)

Offline NOBODYLIKESME

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 08:40:28 AM »

Picture resized, original size too big.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:52:23 PM by Tarkan »

Offline BeaTz

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 09:46:35 AM »
That's a large ass LIKE
:D awesome work
Credits :
Disney

Hanney Ur dad me

Offline NikY.Wolf / ValaK

• VC-MP Retirees
  • LW-Helper Give Respect Get Respect every time
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [CO]NikY.Wolf
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 02:48:30 PM »
great! good Job guys :D

Freak12

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 09:37:58 PM »
Good work.

Hanney

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 06:12:25 PM »
Updated the first post with more information.

Hanney

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 07:58:29 PM »
If anyone here has problem with custom weapons not loading ingame and giving you a camera instead then please following information here:

Operating system:
Drive that Vice City and vc-mp are installed on:
Game version: e.g 1.0 cracked, steam, etc.

Offline SMD

• VC-MP Donator
  • Don't Break Rules or i reach you.
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [VU]SMD_Driver
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 03:56:16 AM »
I have problem with custom weapon crouch(c-Glitch) its still not disable in new custom weapons please disable it and some people also using  it instead of warning but not understand.

Credits : KocKex

Offline DamnYouBerkley!

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 03:59:30 AM »
yea, adtec is aware of it and was trying to fix it yesterday.
Quote from: NewK
First of all, amazing work Berkley, we need more people like you in this community, people who are willing to go the extra mile to catch these cunts.

Offline NikY.Wolf / ValaK

• VC-MP Retirees
  • LW-Helper Give Respect Get Respect every time
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [CO]NikY.Wolf
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 11:39:36 PM »
Already fixed the crouch with AK-47 and Steyr AUG and now we can buy these weapons with !wep ak or !wep aug. Enjoy!

Offline mr.elmau

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: ElMau
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 03:06:04 AM »
Buen trabajo!!!  :) :) :) :) :)

Offline ItzNikoo23

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 07:28:46 AM »
Awesome work

Offline Sevrin

• VC-MP Donator
  • Resurgence
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [RT]sevrinPL
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 04:16:19 PM »
A question. Can you guys tell me the exact shooting range of M249, Ak47 & Steyr Aug, as I can see M249 is a version of m60 but has less range, ak47 is like m4 or ruger but less range & Steyr aug have more range than m4 or ruger. I want to know because, some including me use different max-distances(/setconfig one) or draw distance, so I can set it according to there ranges. As M60's range is 100 meters, M4 have 90 & python have 40 or 45(i dont remember the exact). I guess if you add shooting range of all custom weapons, it will be more useful.
Thanks!