Author Topic: A warning about buying houses in gangbases  (Read 4012 times)

Offline blewert

• The big cheese
  • Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: trewelb
A warning about buying houses in gangbases
« on: March 03, 2016, 10:37:44 PM »

About buying houses in gang bases

I didn't think I would have to do this, as it's common sense. If you see a house in a gang base, and that house does not belong to your gang (if you even have one), then please do not buy it. On the other hand, if you see a house in a gang base and that house belongs to your gang, then please feel free to buy it.

For example, if you're in [3D] and you buy a house in [SWS]'s base, you will have your house sold and removed with no refunds like this chap:

Figure 1: A very silly sausage indeed

It's not necessarily against the rules, however it is frowned upon as players within that gang have that house reserved for their gang. It wastes time, and pisses people off. If this were allowed to happen, the whole point of a gang base would be eliminated and anyone could buy houses in any gang base.

You will usually find that there are no houses in a gang base to buy anyway, as we do a fairly decent job of removing gang houses when they're not in use to prevent this problem. We cannot act instantly however, and you may see a house in a gang base with no owner that is purchasable. For the love of god, please make our life easier and do not purchase it. You will be wasting your money, the gang in question's time and our time.

The only reason I'm making this post is because I do not want anyone complaining to me when I remove their house from a gang base which is not theirs, which I frequently get. It's not hard, it's common sense. Please do not expect a refund because of your silliness and inability to put two and two together!

What do I do if I find such a house?

First and foremost, you should use /report [id] [reason] in-game to report them, if they're online. You could also use /pm [id] [text] to alert an admin about it too, if the player is offline. Just contact some member of staff about the problem. This will then get passed up the chain to someone who can remove the house for you, and everyone wins!