Author Topic: Congratulations,Staff Team!  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Kelvin

• Tiny Fish
  • Awards VC-MP Player of the Year (2014)
    • Awards
Congratulations,Staff Team!
« on: March 14, 2016, 07:00:36 PM »
For what you have done until now about this situation,which i see absolutely nothing!

Do you guarantee me that there will never be 4 Kelvins in a row? Or 5,6,7?

This is a game,not a real life. Dont tell me that Kelvin is a very popular Spanish/Latin name. Here in an online game,people are using nicknames. What is a nickname? A nickname is a combination, an imagination. You can wear a nickname the way you like,unless it is being used by someone else in the community. It is,at least i think so,impossible for people to not know about me,even newbies can see me quite frequently because i am a very active player and VCMP's population is not too big. If there is someone(surely there is) who deserves to use the nick Kelvin,its me.I have been playing this game more than 4 years.

Its been nearly a half year since i have been waiting for you to take an action about id 0 in the picture i have given above. What i see instead? A yet another.

Please,as soon as possible,take an action.

-MK.Kelvin

Offline Foxtrot

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
Re: Congratulations,Staff Team!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 07:41:31 PM »
I know i promised you that i would deal with this and I'm sorry i have disappointed you. Right now i don't have the time to take any actions but i urge my fellow members of the staff to do something about this. I've known Kelvin for a long time now and he's right, if there's someone who deserves the nickname, it's him. This is unacceptable.

Edit: i didn't know kelvin was a forename lol
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:12:17 PM by Foxtrot »
   <~morphine>   nobody likes foxtrot
   <~morphine>   nobody understands his ethos
   <~morphine>   and nobody ever will

Offline [JOKER]Zaibatsu

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 07:52:16 PM »
Yeah man wtf how dare they.... Who do they think they are!!?!?!?

Imagine if there was two or even three guys named john in the same city!?!?!?? outrageous i say!!!!!

Offline Eddy

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 08:05:26 PM »
I'm having the same problem with a guy called "eddy" even is from my country

Offline Kelvin

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 08:24:51 PM »
Imagine if there was two or even three guys named john in the same city!?!?!?? outrageous i say!!!!!

Its funny when i realize that this is all you understand from this topic.

Edit:

I know i promised you that i would deal with this and I'm sorry i have disappointed you. Right now i don't have the time to take any actions but i urge my fellow members of the staff to do something about this. I've known Kelvin for a long time now and he's right, if there's someone who deserves the nickname, it's him. This is unacceptable.

We talked about this before. Nothing special with you. This is a general talk.

Edit2:

I'm having the same problem with a guy called "eddy" even is from my country

Im not sure if i should really take this as an irony.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:28:55 PM by Kelvin »

Hanney

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 08:47:41 PM »
Well, you originally chose the name Kelvin to begin with which is indeed a commonly used forename. Choosing a generally used name was mistake on your behalf. Besides like you said "nickname is a combination, an imagination." Perhaps you could have avoided this by following this.

Nothing on the server states that you have ownership to this name especially with it being so common. I can agree if your name were more unique like "DarkForce64" and another player would have the nickname "DarkForce65" but for a name used worldwide, you have no intellectual property rights or something over this name.

Besides, you also said "This is a game,not a real life." which is exactly true therefore it shouldn't be a massive deal.

While I do agree that it does suck that there is people using a similar name as you which can cause to a confusion I personally won't be taking action against this, regardless of how many years you have played as at the moment this shitty attitude isn't really persuading me in the slightest.

tl;dr - forenames are not exclusive and if you use a forename as a username you do not own exclusive membership of that name.

Same applies for character names e.g TommyVercetti848 then whining that theres another Tommy or Vercetti playing is just absurd. If anyone in that case has rights its Rockstar Games.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:01:45 PM by Hanney »

Offline Kelvin

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »
Well, you originally chose the name Kelvin to begin with which is indeed a commonly used forename. Choosing a generally used name was mistake on your behalf. Besides like you said "nickname is a combination, an imagination." Perhaps you could have avoided this by following this.

Nothing on the server states that you have ownership to this name especially with it being so common. I can agree if your name were more unique like "DarkForce64" and another player would have the nickname "DarkForce65" but for a name used worldwide, you have no intellectual property rights or something over this name.

Besides, you also said "This is a game,not a real life." which is exactly true therefore it shouldn't be a massive deal.

While it does suck that there is people using a similar name as you which can cause to a confusion I personally won't be taking action against this, regardless of how many years you have played as at the moment this shitty attitude isn't really persuading me in the slightest.

tl;dr - forenames are not exclusive and if you use a forename as a username you do not own exclusive membership of that name.

Same applies for character names e.g TommyVercetti848 then whining that theres another Tommy or Vercetti playing is just absurd. If anyone in that case has rights its Rockstar Games.

Just a haha for this answer. It sounds too funny when an ingame inactive player like you try to take decisions. You better let other staff members think about this situation. You are not the right man around no matter what position you are in.

Offline AdTec_224

• Management
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 09:10:44 PM »
I have to agree with Hanney had you used a more unique name to begin with this really wouldn't have been a problem, you really can't expect us to kick someone with a name that common.

Hanney

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 09:30:33 PM »

While it does suck that there is people using a similar name as you which can cause to a confusion I personally won't be taking action against this, regardless of how many years you have played as at the moment this shitty attitude isn't really persuading me in the slightest.

Just a haha for this answer. It sounds too funny when an ingame inactive player like you try to take decisions. You better let other staff members think about this situation. You are not the right man around no matter what position you are in.

Inactive? I've been active lately ingame (just not the past few days as I have a social life at the weekend), on forums and helping players other staff etc on IRC whenever I'm available.

Kelvin------------
14, 12, 11, 09, 09, 02,  - March
24, 23, 20, 19, 18, 17, 14, 13, 10, 02, - February

Myself------------
11, 10, 09, 08, 07, 06, 04, 03, 02, 01, - March
29, 28, 27, 26, 20, 19, 18, 17, 13, 12, 11, 10, 09, 07 - February

Besides, even on the missing days I have been handling player reports on the forum, discussing matters with other staff, helping with add new features to the server + testing, reorganizing the forum (e.g the lag/delay guide I made the other day), and currently at the moment working on some stuff for the server and vc-mp community in general. It's hardly inactive lol.

I don't even feel like this is debate worthy either so stopping at this point (atleast for my own sanity) is the best option. Although obviously this is a community and other members are open to discuss and Darfy and Morphine have still yet to comment if there available. Currently as it stands myself and Adtec who have been both around in this community since 2005 disagree with this. We won't be kicking every player with a name similar to another players nickname, I would only kick if it was justified under a given situation where it is clear that the person is attempting to impersonate another player or member of staff.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:35:20 PM by Hanney »

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 09:30:59 PM »

allow me to say it then:

no

Offline Kelvin

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 09:32:46 PM »
Sooner or later, you will change this mind. Have a good night.

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 09:34:11 PM »
Sooner or later, you will change this mind. Have a good night.

I'm shitting myself already

note to yourself: be a bit less arrogant the next time you request help on such a delicate matter, and maybe someone will meet you halfway :)