Author Topic: New Vehicle System  (Read 11335 times)

Offline NiGHTM4RE

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Bow down or draw your sawns...
    • Awards
New Vehicle System
« on: April 07, 2016, 07:09:29 AM »
So now a days every race consists of every racer having an infernus. To be honest, that's getting kinda boring. Consequently, I've been working on a new vehicle system that will force every vehicle to have a max speed and acceleration depending on its Horsepower, torque and weight. For example, if the horsepower of a vehicle is high, they will have a high top speed. If the weight of the vehicle is low, like bikes, and/or has a high torque, they will accelerate faster. I've designed this system so we can define the specs for each vehicle in game then it will be written into a file. Immediately, the behavior of every vehicle of that model will change relevant to the stats specified. The goal is to make more cars balanced so the infernus would not be a MUST in every race.

Each player will have the ability to choose whether they want to drive their vehicles with an Automatic Transmission(default) or a Manual Transmission.

Automatic Transmission
- No gear shift acceleration (this was removed due to lag and unexpected acceleration at turns).
- Simply just get in the car and drive!

Manual Transmission
- Upshift using NUM8 and Downshift using NUM2 on the number pad(This can be changed in your settings. NUM8 and NUM2 are default. To change this, modify Special Control Up and Down to your desired keys.)
- Small acceleration boost depending on your Torque to Weight ratio when upshifting at the right time (little to no lag because you're controlling your shifts)
- Decelerates the vehicle if you downshift while going too fast. (another way of slowing down for turns efficiently).

Commands
/vinfo - Shows all the specs of the vehicle you're currently operating.

Every vehicle will belong within a class. The class represents the vehicle's top speed. The classes, listed from slowest to fastest, are D, C, B, A, S, R1, R2 and X.
Horsepower and Weight are factored in to calculate the vehicle's top speed.
Torque and Weight are factored in to calculate the vehicle's acceleration gear boosts.(Manual Transmission Only!).
Original Max Speed is how fast the vehicle used to be before this update.

/speed - Toggles the speedometer/gear and nitrous text label.

/tune - Visit the new Tuner Shop at the red wrench on your minimap to upgrade your vehicle!
As of right now, all you can do in this shop is buy nitrous and switch to the transmission you prefer.
Performance upgrade will be coming soon, so stay tuned!!!

Nitrous
Unfortunately, you cannot buy nitrous at transfender anymore as the script will instantly take it away if you have 0% nitrous on your speedometer. Even buying nitrous at transfender will have NO effect on performance.
However, this nitrous will not only accelerate your vehicle, but it will increase its top speed as you hold it down by adding horsepower and torque to your vehicle specs.(Your new top speed will also be dependent on the vehicle's weight, lower weight = higher top speed while using nos)
When you use it for the first time, it will multiply your speed by 1.5(the script will adjust your final speed relevant to the vehicle's current top speed).(this will take 15 seconds to reload)
You can keep tapping the nos button, but you won't get the 1.5 speed boost until 15 seconds. However, as long as you press the nitrous, whether the 1.5 is reloaded or not, it will always increase your top speed.
When you release the nitrous, the vehicle's top speed will drop back down to normal and your car will instantly decelerate. To combat this, just let go of the gas and keep the nitrous pressed. Then when you see your speed match the vehicle's normal top speed(you have to get to know the car for this), release the nos key/button.
You can use nitrous on bikes as well. However, since we can't attach the nos component, it won't accelerate faster, you will have to rely only on the 15 second reload. Or you can spam the up button to get your acceleration that way.

Original Max Speed

The Original Max Speed is the fastest speed that car is capable of reaching without any scripts or hacks. There will be some vehicles that their top speed depending on their horsepower and torque is greater than their original top speed. The script will detect if that vehicle is approaching its original top speed and will give it a boost to reach its new top speed. It will then try to maintain the vehicle at that speed as long as the vehicle isn't turning or isn't in the air.

Note: There are some vehicles that have not been defined yet due to lack of time.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:47:30 PM by NiGHTM4RE »
NiGHTM4RE's YouTube Channel
Find me in The Real World crypto investing campus.

Offline Myle

• Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Myle
Re: New Vehicle System
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 07:23:30 AM »
@_@ omg this thing is HOT!!!

There's always another way

Offline rockhardy

• Golden Dalla
  • SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: rockhardy
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 07:29:31 AM »
Much WOW!!!   Thank you nightmare.

Offline Slide

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 07:42:43 AM »
Great work, I'll for sure test this when I got time.  :)

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 08:31:23 AM »
New updates every week... That's really cool compared to the times when we didn't have any for 3 years at least.
It will take time for me to get used to all the changes you have made so far (i didn't get to try any for now).

Great work.

Offline Spetsnaz

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 08:54:42 AM »
Good job man ! :)

Offline Quickplay

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Crazy Mind
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Quickplay
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »
Much WOW!!!   Thank you nightmare.
:D

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 12:24:26 PM »
Wow that's awesome. I will try to test it soon.
BikeDriv:))))

Haha blwelrwelrt, I registered here earlier :P

Offline Negative

• SA-MP Donator
  • sometimes...
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 01:52:59 PM »
So you mean we are going to have manual transmission? wtf is wrong with you if yes.
Back to topic and stop posting useless shit here.
I can't post you.

Negative: 27 points

[LWC.RW][LWC.StealthOps][LWC.GangDay]Negative

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 03:41:35 PM »
So you mean we are going to have manual transmission? wtf is wrong with you if yes.
It's optional. You can choose between automatic and manual transmission. You should read the main post once again.

Offline Huracan

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Huracan
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 03:49:02 PM »
May you clarify the implications of the donator commands /nos? Would that still work as it would if I went to /tune or the same Transfender shite? Thanks!

EpicHunter

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 04:10:03 PM »
May you clarify the implications of the donator commands /nos? Would that still work as it would if I went to /tune or the same Transfender shite? Thanks!

/NOS gives you 25% of new nitrous.

Offline enkei

• SA-MP Donator
  • On green, I'm goin' for it...
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: enkei
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 04:57:26 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline Burner

• Big Fish
  • eat my chainsaw
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: xBurner
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 09:58:07 AM »
YEY! Thanks Nightmare! Even though you dont reply to our posts! <3

git cut

Offline BadBoy005

Re: New Vehicle System and Spawn Vehicle of Own
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 03:49:46 PM »
HI NIGHTMARE ....WHY DON T U SUGGEST THIS WAY....WHEN PLAYERS SPAWNING THIER OWN VEHICLE IN HOUSE,U CAN ALSO DO LIKE THIS .EXAMPLE :INFERNUS WITH NOS AUTOMATICLY...OR THIS SHOULD BE ALSO NICE,LIKE ADD ON SPECIAL SHOP VEHICLE WITH NOS PERMANENT LIKE IT IS FOR 5MILLION ..EXAMPLE I BOUGHT THE PERMANENT NOS ON SPECIAL SHOP THEN WHEN I DIED THEN I RETURN BACK TO MY HOUSE THEN GO OUTSIDE AND GET IN  THE CAR WITH AUTOMATIC SPAWN NOS...ITS NICE OR U CAN DO /HOUSE SPAWN VEHICLE CHOOSE WITH NOS THEN IT WILL TAKE 2000...IT ALSO NICE .....IM SUGGEST THIS .... 8)