Author Topic: How to post with features!  (Read 16960 times)

Offline Burner

• Big Fish
  • eat my chainsaw
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: xBurner
How to post with features!
« on: July 29, 2016, 09:45:39 AM »
How to Post with extra features!

Hello guys, this topic will show you how to post with features like making bold text, colored text, hyperlinks ETC. so everybody can improve their posts!  ;)
First, this is the option bar to add features in your post, it contains all the buttons required to add features.

IMPORTANT: ( and ) brackets should be replaced with [ and ], its just for examples. DO REMEMBER THIS BEFORE READING BELOW.

Bold Text

For bold text, the tags are (b) and (/b).
To make the text bold, select the text you want to make it bold, and click the icon on top.
Example: then press the icon, and tada! your text is now bold, after you post:

Advanced: Sometimes, the bold button isn't there, becuase you are quick editing your post or for some other reasons.
For this, just add the tags between the text you want, for ex: (b)hello world!(/b)

This bold text method goes same for UNDERLINING, ITALY TEXT, and STRIKE OUT TEXT. Just click the corresponding buttons.
Tags- Italy text = (i)(/i), Underline text = (u)(/u) and Strike out text = (s)(/s) .

Line Breaker

This feature allows you to split a part of the post or make the new paragraph interesting. For example, see below, there is a line. \/ \/

To make this line appear, simply type (hr).

Images

Posting images is advanced, but not that hard. First, if you want to post the image, you need one.
First you have to find a image on the internet, and right click on it, and select Copy image Link.
Example:

Then, you have to paste the link in the post, select the whole link and click the    icon.
The tags for images are (img) and (/img).
IMPORTANT: Check the size of the image before posting. If its very huge, add this tag: (img width=500)(/img)

Colored Text

To color text, select the line, [Or word] and click the color tab on top, and choose a color:

Click the color you want and voila, your word [or line] will be colored!

Hint: This same technique goes for Font sizes, but be warned, preview your post or you can make it larger than you expected!

Hyperlinks

Hyperlinks are text which you can click on to go to a specific website.
To make hyperlinks, first select the text which you want to be clicked and click the     button.
Now, you have to edit your tags. The first tag has (url) in it. After the letter L, type the Equal's sign [=], and after the Equals sign, paste the website link you want to redirect too.
Example: Click me!
What I actually typed to make this work: (url=http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php)Click me!(/url)

IMPORTANT
: This also works for YouTube videos, just paste the YouTube video link after the equal's sign. But beware, remove the s letter from https:// , or your video won't show up.
Example of a YouTube video:

! No longer available
Thanks to EnzoMortelli and Myle for teaching me this.

Previewing your Post

Before posting, be sure to check your post before posting to see any mistakes!
To preview, just go to the bottom of the page and click the preview button, and your post shows up [on the top], thats exactly how your post will look after you post.

MORE INFO WILL BE ADDED SOON.

git cut

Offline EnzoMortelli

Re: How to post with features!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 04:11:48 PM »
you could use
Code: [Select]
[code] tags to display the BBCodes without round brackets, just saying.

Offline Burner

• Big Fish
  • eat my chainsaw
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 05:02:05 PM »
you could use

Thanks, I will look into it later :)

git cut

Offline =_Captain_=

• SA-MP Donator
  • Owner/Founder of VIP clan
    • VIP Clan Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 05:13:15 PM »
Nice work Burner , sure this will help many newbies :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 05:16:28 PM by =_Captain_= »
[VIP]=_Captain_= won the tournament  ;D ;D ;D

Offline blewert

• The big cheese
  • Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: trewelb
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 06:20:50 PM »
you could use

Thanks, I will look into it later :)

or even [nobbc][/nobbc], which lets you do this:

[b]wow here is some bold text[/b], by using [nobbc][b]wow here is some bold text[/b][/nobbc]

or you can just use [b][/b] halfway through a tag to invalidate it, like: [[b][/b]b]bold text[/b] which looks like [b]bold text[/b].

fun fact: you can also use these methods to invalidate smilies, so you can type in stuff like :) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( and it won't get replaced with an image.
fun fact #2: I just changed the forum's CSS so that all [tt][/tt] tags have a cool background, like this.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:37:08 PM by blewert »

Offline Burner

• Big Fish
  • eat my chainsaw
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 06:24:00 PM »
Feel free to edit, I'm kinda lazy  ;D

git cut