Author Topic: Where did everyone go?  (Read 13077 times)

Offline [JOKER]Zaibatsu

Re: Where did everyone go?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 04:30:52 PM »
Have to disagree with sonic and masterbeef - whenever an admin is online, he does everything he should be doing - reacting to reports, helping players etc.

Just because there are not much active admins atm, doesnt mean the staff team doesnt care. Ppl even get banned on forums when admins cant join ingame (rip jibin)

By your logic every person that has given admin status here, should quit their jobs irl and administrate the server

Offline H3RO

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 04:38:41 PM »
Nah nope. Please don't start with the famous quote "admins have a life too blablabla"
Did they not have a life when there used to be an admin online at any time? That's just lame excuses. However, it's your opinion so I respect it.

Offline [JOKER]Zaibatsu

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »
By your logic every person that has given admin status here, should quit their jobs irl and administrate the server

Nah nope. Please don't start with the famous quote "admins have a life too blablabla"
Did they not have a life when there used to be an admin online at any time?

Proves my point  ;D

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2017, 06:15:52 PM »
And here again are the people who think they know how things work yet never do anything actual useful towards it.

Offline H3RO

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2017, 06:49:53 PM »
Excuse me, are you talking about yourself Enzo? Because I'm doing my part as a player. Joining the server from time to time and criticizing what I believe should be different for the good of the server.

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2017, 08:06:55 PM »
Should you think playing on a server and ranting on the forums about matters you find lacking is helping in running a game server - then actually i was talking about you.

Offline H3RO

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2017, 08:21:43 PM »
Ok. Now tell me what you are doing to improve the situation. I'm very curious to know how worried you are and how you are trying to fix it  :)

Offline Kimochi

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Kimochi
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »

i never cared about status or anything but today i felt the need to be admin for the first time, we were 11 players and then a cheater came and everyone left (just like every time). not gonna brown nose my way to the staff like most do because unlike them i have some self esteem but it feels like a huge waste to ditch players in such a way when we are in a serious need right now. if you cant make new scripts at least start replacing those skeletons in the team with people who are still here? dont know, just an idea...

Offline MarvinKoria

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2017, 09:36:37 PM »
Lets be real here LW got the best admins without a doubt. One admin used to watch over 20 players reporting each other during the fight, i've never seen someone getting banned unfairly not even mute. I've insulted almost every admin\player here and  got banned one time only even tho i know i was going off the limit but they still gave me time to stop. While in different servers you get  permanently  muted or banned for saying "fuck you" lmao. The server is dying not because of admin abusing or some shit, its because admins are doing their job by banning cheaters if the admins actually unban the cheaters after short amount of time (like LVP does) server might live temporarily but they'll eventually get banned again so whats the point. Admins might go inactive because they have something called LIFE if you dont have it buy one from here http://activities.aliexpress.com/

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2017, 09:55:17 PM »
Ok. Now tell me what you are doing to improve the situation. I'm very curious to know how worried you are and how you are trying to fix it  :)

not worried anymore.

Your question comes a little late, but just to give you an impression of what is going on behind the scenes i'll go back in time a little:
In my time, i was so worrying about LWs that i neglected my study courses and failed my bachelor's degree after four and a half years of putting more time into this server than into actual real things i should have put time in.
Initiatives i had started during to service the server included: Several event formats including the LWW (which is indeed life-threatening to the host, most players never imagine), in collaboration with Bikerr and Quickplay: the Guardians; the Stunt Van which blewert helped adding, an internal rewrite of administration guidelines under eDit's management, resolving management drought in 2016 for and with Aryan, the internal TLWB server development initiative which ultimately discontinued due to me retiring, and most important banning Huracan forever, aswell as other minor things i already forgot about. (And all that is literally not about 20% of what other admins/mods/devs/managers did for the server)

All of this doesn't matter anyhow though because people tend to easily forget these are not the main driving forces of running a decent server, but an actual solid administration work (of which most players never see much) is the basis for success: Keeping cheaters and rule breakers away from the game, keeping order up, process reports in a timely manner, keeping order in the forums, taking part in discussions and decisions regarding staff, development and maintenance. Although many of the processes stay covered from the public eyes, i did enough to have it noticed by the majority of players in 2012 and 2013 (hover over the broken image to the left).

I was serving this server for six years, and i've been seeing the exact same points comming up every few months again and again over, all of them consisting of lack in information and insight, panicking, ignorance and ulterior motives. And on all of these occasions, never did any of these cry-outs ever trigger any favourable changes to the server, if not rather just rash decisions that were revised and corrected again after the fuss receded.

If you really want admins to care - don't make them feel like you don't care that they care.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:11:07 AM by EnzoMortelli »

UmarxD

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2017, 10:30:52 PM »

Admins are like ghosts.
U cant see them working, spectating, observing.
But they actually do. Just cause u guys cant see them doing it. Doesnt mean they arent there.

Ofc everyone has different point of view but insulting or using harsh words wont do much good.

Just try to contribute as much as possible because its better than complaining.  8)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:18:34 AM by â–²Pakimanâ„¢ »

Offline H3RO

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2017, 07:47:35 AM »
at least start replacing those skeletons in the team with people who are still here? dont know, just an idea...
couldn't agree more

And Enzo, I didn't ask what have you done for the server, I asked what you are currently doing for it. If you are no longer an admin, and as a player you believe you can't do anything to help, then at least let the others try, as they still have faith they can change something.
If you really want admins to care - don't make them feel like you don't care that they care.
the thing is that they stopped caring long ago, unless they started caring last few days again and I don't know yet

Peace

Offline [JOKER]Zaibatsu

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2017, 08:46:41 AM »
Sonic where do you get this opinion that admins dont care?

Whenever an admin is online, he does great job imo.

Or do u really think that if an admin hasnt joined the server for 3 days for  example, that means he doesnt care?

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2017, 09:12:58 AM »
lack in information and insight, panicking, ignorance and ulterior motives.
fixed.

Offline Swanson

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2017, 09:35:13 AM »
Just a clarification. When I said staff I meant everyone who is in management. I'm not blaming anyone who isn't in the position to make decisions about the server. Also, times have changed. The things I liked 10 years ago have made place for different things. The bottomline is, if you don't know what your players want/like you're not able to stay relevant. Anyone who ever made a game (or even tried) knows how hard it is to get people to play your game, and even harder to keep them playing it. If you are lucky enough to have somewhat of a community, you should listen to it or just wait till the last person turns off the light.