Author Topic: Where did everyone go?  (Read 13101 times)

Offline H3RO

Re: Where did everyone go?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2017, 11:42:32 AM »
not worried anymore.
and you still have to post something just to try to look smart  :-X *facepalm*

Offline Freak

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2017, 01:04:50 PM »
Will this ever end?
so I have been surprised :( i slap my brother and i make the ban appeal :(

Offline [JOKER]Zaibatsu

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2017, 01:16:42 PM »
Well back on topic: today i joined the server when it had just 4 players. About 20min later the playercount was 19.

Just join and others will too ;)

Offline LukaZ

• Fish 'n' Chips
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2017, 04:29:24 PM »
Haunter i like the vehicle system  :D

Jayce

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2017, 05:18:59 PM »

Offline enkei

• SA-MP Donator
  • On green, I'm goin' for it...
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: enkei
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2017, 08:16:30 PM »
I see two points being discussed here.

Management
Since 2006, I've seen many administrative bodies behind the wheel of this server, and I've grown quite friendly with the vast majority of them. This server has had a tremendous journey - it's light years beyond whence it came. Consider this: You play this game for free, and [between you and me] probably downloaded San Andreas for free. Donators [such as myself] likely donated the minimum dollar amount to reap the exclusive content that the staff created for you. Yet, we still feel entitled? I've seen worse management in actual video games with a fleet of I.T personnel administrating them. The kids running this server are doing a significantly better job than adults getting paid full-time salaries to run similar games, and everyone needs to take a moment to recognize that. The programmers and event coordinators have done an absolutely brilliant job. They built a platform upon which I built several childhood memories that I'll end up dying with. Honestly, could you spare the time to do a better job than them? Would you spend six hours per day focusing on improving a communityless-server in a game that's well-beyond a decade old? No? Okay, me either.

Player count
You have to remember that this game was created over a decade ago, and has two newer, more-relevant titles. I played SA-MP like a madman during my high school and college breaks. What happened? Well, newer games came out. Familiar faces in SA-MP stopped returning. Responsibilities began piling up. Our player count is completely reasonable, and is a reflection of how old this video game is - NOT a reflection of poor administration. Most of us are old - we played GTA: SA when it was brand new, so it's somewhat of a nostalgia trip. Introduce SA-MP to a 16 year old, an he'd be bored to death. The community isn't going to grow - at least, not in first-world countries where better games are common. So, we need to return to the server. Does everyone have time for that? I really don't have time to play every day. However, if I received a monthly newsletter with a title of "LW's Monthly Reunion: RWW Tournament & AASA Cruise", I'd take the day off work to be there. So, in my opinion, the answer isn't getting the player counts back up every day. The answer is getting large spurts of activity, and then go back to nothing for the rest of the month. Eventually, people would count on there being a monthly tournament of some sort, and would join the server to practice ahead of time. This is what'll bring up the player count.

Anyways... That's all! Thanks!

Offline MeltdowN

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2017, 12:30:11 AM »
I see two points being discussed here.

Management
Since 2006, I've seen many administrative bodies behind the wheel of this server, and I've grown quite friendly with the vast majority of them. This server has had a tremendous journey - it's light years beyond whence it came. Consider this: You play this game for free, and [between you and me] probably downloaded San Andreas for free. Donators [such as myself] likely donated the minimum dollar amount to reap the exclusive content that the staff created for you. Yet, we still feel entitled? I've seen worse management in actual video games with a fleet of I.T personnel administrating them. The kids running this server are doing a significantly better job than adults getting paid full-time salaries to run similar games, and everyone needs to take a moment to recognize that. The programmers and event coordinators have done an absolutely brilliant job. They built a platform upon which I built several childhood memories that I'll end up dying with. Honestly, could you spare the time to do a better job than them? Would you spend six hours per day focusing on improving a communityless-server in a game that's well-beyond a decade old? No? Okay, me either.

Player count
You have to remember that this game was created over a decade ago, and has two newer, more-relevant titles. I played SA-MP like a madman during my high school and college breaks. What happened? Well, newer games came out. Familiar faces in SA-MP stopped returning. Responsibilities began piling up. Our player count is completely reasonable, and is a reflection of how old this video game is - NOT a reflection of poor administration. Most of us are old - we played GTA: SA when it was brand new, so it's somewhat of a nostalgia trip. Introduce SA-MP to a 16 year old, an he'd be bored to death. The community isn't going to grow - at least, not in first-world countries where better games are common. So, we need to return to the server. Does everyone have time for that? I really don't have time to play every day. However, if I received a monthly newsletter with a title of "LW's Monthly Reunion: RWW Tournament & AASA Cruise", I'd take the day off work to be there. So, in my opinion, the answer isn't getting the player counts back up every day. The answer is getting large spurts of activity, and then go back to nothing for the rest of the month. Eventually, people would count on there being a monthly tournament of some sort, and would join the server to practice ahead of time. This is what'll bring up the player count.

Anyways... That's all! Thanks!

On point!

Offline [V]jOjO

• SA-MP Retirees
    • V forum
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2017, 05:36:17 AM »
Since some posts here are blaming administrators and/or mixing up roles to a noticeable extent, I left a message on V's forum to try to explain what's happening (on V's forum because I want to have control over its visibility).

I did it out of respect for all the times my staff mates spent/are spending here, and to clarify my situation. Remember that I'm clarifying my situation at this point because I want to do it, not because I'm required to do it.

It might not be the news you're expecting to read, and I've been trying to avoid it for a while. It's needed at this point, because it keeps the most functional part of this server in the spotlight it deserves.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:37:14 AM by [V]jOjO »
It's all circular. Everything goes back to where it started from, only to overlap in a new cycle. The connection is not lost, and the division is not broken.

Offline Myle

• Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Myle
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2017, 11:21:06 AM »
Though different people are pointing at different points in here,but still this was somewhat helpful to know how you guys are feeling and your opinions also helped abit to point out the reasons and directions.After Jojo's statement there's nothing much to say here actually.But just so you know,there's more going inside which is not entirely showing out.

I can't really promise or even say that I will try to be active more,because I also don't know if I can.It's actually pretty obvious that I was nearly 24/7 active last year,which I am not atm. Just to clarify,I had taken leave from college last year and received teachers help personally for my exams because of some physical sickness,the reason that kept me at home,playing and not minding much business IRL.Which is not the same case this year. Just saying cause I felt like sharing with you guys.I am not ditching this place.I will be here as much as I can as this community is also a part of my "life".

And just to hold a reminder,

The "Retiree" badge is not simply given and is earned by the badge owners.Their contribution is the backbone of this community,the reason it's still running and got you guys criticizing here and reading the posts for hours.The reason you guys are here posting but not leaving this place at one point by saying "it's dead anyways".
These people are still recognized,respected and honoured thorough the community.Just as behaving and respecting with an active staff is considered,we also look forward to keep our actions civilized towards these people.Not saying it's a warning for any of you,but a precaution.

There's always another way

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »
some players, including me, just moved to other server due to the 2017 staff team changes. I personally don't feel like investing as much effort into the server anymore.

some players, including me, hoped this would have happened 7 years earlier. I personally don't feel like investing as much effort into a server where you are active.

enkei's post is on point, indeed. But isn't all of that logical and should go absolutely without saying? Who in their right mind would seriously blame the staff or anybody in particular for the situation?

LW was doomed when they filled the Official Tab with 350 fucking servers, 90% of which are RP. With direct aim being a thing now DM is just completely dead. LW is a server that, apart from the listing in the "Hosted" tab, by nature only works well if there are at least 50+ people online with new players *cough* cannon fodder *cough* joining every day. Everything else is slowly killing it. If it wasn't for some stubborn regulars and even more stubborn staff members, this server would have long been gone.

The only hope I see for LW to ever be great again is if they were to bring back the "Official" Tab in the SAMP Launcher with LW being one of a few servers listed there.

Just check out these numbers:
There are 358 servers in the "Internet" tab
There are 345 servers in the "Hosted" tab

So basically it's 13 servers that are not listed in the "Hosted" tab, lol.

These numbers have pretty much been the opposite when LW was big (hundreds of serveres in "Internet" tab, of which maybe 13 were listed as "Official")
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 01:46:26 PM by BikeDriver »
BikeDriv:))))

Haha blwelrwelrt, I registered here earlier :P

Jayce

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »
There are 345 servers in the "Hosted" tab

Also most of the players looking for servers sorts the hosted tab list according to servers' players count, so a server like littlewhitey's, would probably appear after scrolling through a hundred server, or even more.

Some points that might explain why the server's empty is those regulars who join with one intention which is killing the newbies until they quit the server, the server is always laggy, causes a horrible experience for deathmatching, the "deathmatch" type in SA-MP is dead, it can't be a major feature of a server anymore, most of the players are on these crowded servers, the players count is always under 10, if not under 5, SA-MP is becoming an outdated mod, wasn't updated for more than 3 years, there are other servers that has a decent player count and has "sick" features.

I maybe have forgotten some points, but definitely staff isn't one of them, if you think so, I advice you to join even the most popular servers (UIF or GamerX for example) and see how much cheaters are playing daily in there. I also would like to point out that, the whole "staff doesn't care" argument isn't even valid due to the lack of proof, even if there isn't staff ingame and there's cheaters, that doesn't mean nor proof that they don't care.

If you really want to make a change or help the server, you definitely should say all your opinions very clearly, but make sure to keep it civil, and you should start playing on the server regularly if you have time to, regardless of the player count. Blaming other for the current situation won't solve anything rather than making it worse.

Offline [V]Playa

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [V]Playa
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2017, 05:12:43 PM »
I have seen posts like this before, like:

Admin Inactivity: http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/topic,25541.0.html, http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/topic,23150.0.html

We missed LW birthday: http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/topic,25215.0.html

LW 2/100: http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/topic,25215.0.html

And there are much more.

so you aren't the first one to complain about this. All the following threads were made to criticize the LW system, I agree with you that the admins are inactive, but where am I? do you see me in the game? I am a normal player and I didn't join for a long time. you know why? because I have studied, I have life which by it, I would build a career, get a home, build a family and do what my ancestors did.. so does the admins, they are humans and not robots under your command, to do what you say, nope.

They were chosen to serve the server, to help it and rebuild it, but they didn't sign on contracts that said they would give their lives away for a game, amirite?! so now you are wondering which side I am on, no side at all, but throwing that negative threads in here, hate posts and fighting each other will
surely destroy the community that took years to build, if that what you came to do then you are doing a great job!

but if you really wish to do a good thing to this community, there are several things to do, like inviting your friends, making competitions in the server, there is much to do if you really seek for it, for helping the community, making it great again(;p).. so please.. please get over the "give me admin to make it better" or "demote inactive admins" because that would not do anything

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:19:09 PM by playaâ„¢ »

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2017, 08:32:20 PM »
As for the final summation, i'd like to say that critisizing other's work without valid arguments is never appreciated, saying staff doesn't care is equal to childish arguments whereas a kid tries to convince an adult that it's right to swear and use foul language which he might've overheard from people on the street. Some players have stated why this situation has gotten so bad, so it's pointless repeating the same thing over and over again. If you want to improve the general experience in this place, perhaps you should start suggesting new things, open up discussions and play on the server more often despite playercount usually being low, exactly because nobody thinks it's fun to play alone or boring. Call your friends, invite more people and while you're at it, consider joining yourself and who knows what might be waiting for you. Seeing familiar faces is what usually makes people join in.

I'm certain that we'll succeed, if we try harder.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:55:27 AM by PatriotNumberOne »