Author Topic: Help me with an event  (Read 5815 times)

Offline PunkNoodle

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
Help me with an event
« on: May 31, 2017, 02:55:02 PM »
Hi guys I'm opening this topic because I need some help with an event I developed "Stash the car". I'll give an explanation about what this event consists of:

We got two teams one attacking and the other defending, the attacking team has to steal a car, which is located in a base protected by the defending team, and stash it in another previously set destination (within a time limit).

About the prizes, in the attacking team only the player who has brought the car to the destination gets awarded.

The question is, how should I award the defending team when the time runs out? I need some help figuring out a practic way how to properly award the defending team. Thanks for your attention.
I'm waiting for you to apologize on your knees for committing this tape mistake that will cost you dearly hahaha

Offline Myle

• Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Myle
Re: Help me with an event
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »
Maybe making it a team event will sort it out,instead of counting individuals.

Awards will be given to the alive team members of the winning team can be an option.It's probably the easiest way to work it out.There might be other ways,but can make things complicated.

There's always another way

Offline SMD

• VC-MP Donator
  • Don't Break Rules or i reach you.
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [VU]SMD_Driver
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 08:38:59 PM »
this

Credits : KocKex

Offline RajPut

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • We choose our pain ourselves..
  • Awards VC-MP Admin of the Year (2020)
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Raj
  • VC-MP: [VU]RajPut*
  • PAC ID: 39499
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 11:43:27 PM »
It seems very nice PunkNoodle, but I think car health can be an issue because it would be almost impossible to steal the car as at least 5 defenders will shoot the car and car will explode with in seconds.. What you suggest for this issue??

Offline RajPut

• VC-MP Server Admin
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 12:07:30 AM »
Awards will be given to the alive team members of the winning team can be an option.
What if someone join a team and just hide somewhere, he would be alive but do he really deserve the reward?? :o
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:15:56 AM by RajPut »

Offline PunkNoodle

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 06:48:08 AM »
@RajPut about the car exploding using !fix is allowed, even in that way it might not save you :P

@Myle thanks for your input, I can't really reward the still-alive defenders because due to the event lasting for too few and also for increased challenge I allowed returning after death. I could in theory set rewards for the whole defence team, but as a shared reward it would be rather small.
I'm waiting for you to apologize on your knees for committing this tape mistake that will cost you dearly hahaha

Offline RajPut

• VC-MP Server Admin
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 07:17:50 AM »
@RajPut about the car exploding using !fix is allowed, even in that way it might not save you :P
So that seems somewhat possible..  ;D

I suggest the lucky person whose bullet will destroy the car should be rewarded.. Like PunkNoodle killed RajPut hitting his car, So PunkNoodle should be rewarded..
Exceptions:
RajPut died in a car crash.
RajPut exploded.
RajPut fell to death.
RajPut died for some reason..

All these exceptions can be handled by rewarding defenders in following way..

In case, time is up and the car is not destroyed, I suggest that the defender who killed maximum attackers must be rewarded.. One or two more who are runner up in killing attackers can be rewarded..
Decision is yours..  :P :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:27:55 AM by RajPut »

Offline BanJack

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: NO_MERCY
  • VC-MP: BanJack
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 07:08:11 PM »
You can do 2 rounds , and the both teams should make the same job in their attack turn, then you can reward the player who bring the car into the destination in each of the attackers teams
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:10:53 PM by NO_MeRcY »

Offline Myle

• Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Myle
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 11:18:20 PM »
What if someone join a team and just hide somewhere, he would be alive but do he really deserve the reward?? :o
lol good point.I guess there will be abusers no matter what,can't help it. :P

@Myle thanks for your input, I can't really reward the still-alive defenders because due to the event lasting for too few and also for increased challenge I allowed returning after death. I could in theory set rewards for the whole defence team, but as a shared reward it would be rather small.
You're Welcome!
I get your point now.Will add something if I get anymore ideas with the implemented concepts of yours.

You can do 2 rounds , and the both teams should make the same job in their attack turn, then you can reward the player who bring the car into the destination in each of the attackers teams
This seems to be getting somewhere though.

There's always another way

Offline RajPut

• VC-MP Server Admin
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 12:42:08 AM »
I was thinking about this whole time, and I got a question in my mind..

"Why would other attackers(Except loyal ones) help the attacker with car, if they get nothing when he takes the car to the destination??"

P.S:
If the attacker with car gets killed, most probably the car will explode and in this case Event is over..!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 01:01:31 AM by RajPut »

UmarxD

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 06:01:42 AM »

Well... There is something that can be done to make sure no one is cheating..
Whoever is hosting the event sinply ask the staff team. To keep an eye (spectate) on the players when theyre playing. This way that particular staff member can check and kick or just dont give that particular player his reward.

Offline RajPut

• VC-MP Server Admin
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 07:04:12 AM »

Well... There is something that can be done to make sure no one is cheating..
Whoever is hosting the event sinply ask the staff team. To keep an eye (spectate) on the players when theyre playing. This way that particular staff member can check and kick or just dont give that particular p
layer his reward.

It is not possible that every time a staff member hosts this event and there are at least 5 staff members are in-game.. Isn't it??

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 11:15:47 AM »
We tried this on the SA-MP server in 2011/12, and it didn't quite go well for a couple of reasons:

• the defenders won't defend. Most players will not get what to do and just storm upon the attackers.
  • that includes attackers just doing tdm instead of stealing the car.
  • the car never makes it to checkpoint. It gets exploded by the rushers of the defender team along the way back. Every. Single. Time.
  • people get frustrated after a while of the event not running as intended, including you as host.

I've personally never hosted it again after the first tests. Maybe it will work out on VC-MP though.

Offline BanJack

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: NO_MERCY
  • VC-MP: BanJack
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 11:39:52 AM »
Maybe it will work out on VC-MP though.
It will not , I promise..... Some admins are facing difficulties when making a race event since some kids do not stop shooting the cars, so what do you think will happen when making this event ...

Offline Maddy`

• VC-MP Donator
  • ÃŒl Mìgìlòrè
  • Awards VC-MP Most Hated (2015)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Maddy
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 01:42:28 PM »
We tried this on the SA-MP server in 2011/12, and it didn't quite go well for a couple of reasons:

• the defenders won't defend. Most players will not get what to do and just storm upon the attackers.
  • that includes attackers just doing tdm instead of stealing the car.
  • the car never makes it to checkpoint. It gets exploded by the rushers of the defender team along the way back. Every. Single. Time.
  • people get frustrated after a while of the event not running as intended, including you as host.

I've personally never hosted it again after the first tests. Maybe it will work out on VC-MP though.

nah, we hosted it once punkrice came up with this idea, every single player coordinated, I was part of the defending team, but there were so many defenders, that some of us had to leave and join the attackers, which I did, and there was a winner, yours truly(i iz event king and iz sry). It was no tough job, I had to move the possibly slowest car in VC(Walton) to lighthouse, from Phil's place, none of the defenders even got close to destroy my car(i iz pro and iz sryy), I'd have recorded if not for my PC slowing down when recording(now the pc i used to use full virus and i used my old pc to play which is vvoden as fuck, but now me core i7 nvidia geforce gtx 8 GB ram, cry noobs) according to me, this event can be hosted as smoothly as we've expected.

Maybe it will work out on VC-MP though.
It will not , I promise..... Some admins are facing difficulties when making a race event since some kids do not stop shooting the cars, so what do you think will happen when making this event ...

that's because of retard like you who're so dumb that they don't even follow what an admin says and makes up their own rules.
this event will work out if we have players who'll coordinate and follow the rules and try to not make up their own rules and destroy the event.