Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 10025 times)

UmarxD

Re: What's going on?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 09:37:40 AM »
Hmmm.
Why not ask a famous youtuber to advertise it. ::) Worth trying.
We'll need hyper for this. He knows alot of em

Offline [JOKER]Zaibatsu

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 04:06:54 PM »
Well for example we had 15 players online and lots of fighting action today. Answering to the 1st post

Offline enkei

• SA-MP Donator
  • On green, I'm goin' for it...
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: enkei
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 06:09:51 PM »
The answer is simple: Establish quarterly events and hype them up.

Nobody logs in, because nobody wants to play alone; It's a paradox. In the same light, if someone plays every day, they get burned out. The result? The server is empty.

There should be a massive, 24-hour event taking place each quarter; four times per year. The event will be conceived and administered by the old regular folks, and will usually consist of similar events: WW, RW, Racing, Flying, Tanks - you get the idea. Emails will go out. Facebook posts will go out. Prizes will be publicized. Friends of friends will show up. The server will be slammed for 24-hours while everyone plays, laughs and brutally kills each other. And then, silence. For months. People return to their lives. But, if it's known that a similar event will be held each quarter, and the turnout is always incredible, people will start playing outside of events so they can practice for next quarter's event. People will take days off work to show up to the event, if the date is known well in advance. Hell, I'd take a full vacation simply to drive around ten hours per day so I was in-practice for the racing aspect of the event. And if this pattern continues, developers will have more ambition to get "new features" ready for the next swarm of players. The wind is blowing, and we need to bend with it. This is the only thing that'll bring everyone back.

I was reading a thread created a couple days ago, asking us to post our most memorable moments. The answer, for most of us, will be organized events full of our friends!

This is the formula, folks. It just needs to happen.

EDIT: I am more than happy to sit down with management and collaborate on how to implement this.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:38:52 PM by enkei »

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2017, 07:55:37 PM »
The answer is simple: Establish quarterly events and hype them up.

Nobody logs in, because nobody wants to play alone; It's a paradox. In the same light, if someone plays every day, they get burned out. The result? The server is empty.

There should be a massive, 24-hour event taking place each quarter; four times per year. The event will be conceived and administered by the old regular folks, and will usually consist of similar events: WW, RW, Racing, Flying, Tanks - you get the idea. Emails will go out. Facebook posts will go out. Prizes will be publicized. Friends of friends will show up. The server will be slammed for 24-hours while everyone plays, laughs and brutally kills each other. And then, silence. For months. People return to their lives. But, if it's known that a similar event will be held each quarter, and the turnout is always incredible, people will start playing outside of events so they can practice for next quarter's event. People will take days off work to show up to the event, if the date is known well in advance. Hell, I'd take a full vacation simply to drive around ten hours per day so I was in-practice for the racing aspect of the event. And if this pattern continues, developers will have more ambition to get "new features" ready for the next swarm of players. The wind is blowing, and we need to bend with it. This is the only thing that'll bring everyone back.

I was reading a thread created a couple days ago, asking us to post our most memorable moments. The answer, for most of us, will be organized events full of our friends!

This is the formula, folks. It just needs to happen.

EDIT: I am more than happy to sit down with management and collaborate on how to implement this.

I've read a similar post of yours in the thread which took place roughly two months ago. This is actually an experiment worth relying on as i believe myself that this could succeed if all of us try to seperate parts of the year with different kinds of events variating from races to tank battles. Actually, after your previous mention of possible solution to the current problem i was thinking of organising events more often with rather interesting prizes. People would fight over prizes and the competition would be huge. Although none of this could take place (or couldn't be properly held) if we didn't make any announcements.

Offline enkei

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2017, 09:42:10 PM »
I've read a similar post of yours in the thread which took place roughly two months ago. This is actually an experiment worth relying on as i believe myself that this could succeed if all of us try to seperate parts of the year with different kinds of events variating from races to tank battles. Actually, after your previous mention of possible solution to the current problem i was thinking of organising events more often with rather interesting prizes. People would fight over prizes and the competition would be huge. Although none of this could take place (or couldn't be properly held) if we didn't make any announcements.

Agreed! If the prizes are epic enough, old players will crawl out of the woodwork to compete (as long as it's marketed heavily). If I hadn't played SA-MP for a year, and I received an email saying "LW's first quarterly community event - first prize a LW's fitted baseball cap shipped to your house", I wouldn't miss it for the world. There could also be in-game prizes, such as exclusive property ONLY given to the last person to reign supreme. Almost like the infamous "Reserved Parking for Employee of the Month" space. There's so many cool things we can do.

Offline Swanson

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 11:26:30 PM »
You guys even play other servers? LW's can't compete with the big boys. Not only because there is no committed dev team, but also because the deathmatch gamemode isn't what most people want. Sure it's fun to kill, but when there's no other purpose people get bored. This is the reason cops and robbers is popular because it has purpose and there is balance between players. This server has no purpose and no balance. Shooting someone in the face for no reason makes people quit because there's nothing else to keep them interested. I tried many other servers and wow you guys are missing out on the action. I even dare to claim the best fighters don't play in dm servers.

Edit: if there was a real police force whose job is to catch anyone who commits a crime (like killing/robbing/gang activity etc.) I'll be the first to join and make sure you all have a wonderful time behind bars hehe. It would bring balance and an incentive to play more. Right now there are gangs but no police to keep the streets safe. This is a huge flaw in the gamemode I think. Currently police class has no point. Same goes for paramedic or firefighter or whatever class.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:41:27 PM by masterbeef »

Offline LukaZ

• Fish 'n' Chips
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 01:04:08 AM »
You guys even play other servers? LW's can't compete with the big boys. Not only because there is no committed dev team, but also because the deathmatch gamemode isn't what most people want. Sure it's fun to kill, but when there's no other purpose people get bored. This is the reason cops and robbers is popular because it has purpose and there is balance between players. This server has no purpose and no balance. Shooting someone in the face for no reason makes people quit because there's nothing else to keep them interested. I tried many other servers and wow you guys are missing out on the action. I even dare to claim the best fighters don't play in dm servers.

Edit: if there was a real police force whose job is to catch anyone who commits a crime (like killing/robbing/gang activity etc.) I'll be the first to join and make sure you all have a wonderful time behind bars hehe. It would bring balance and an incentive to play more. Right now there are gangs but no police to keep the streets safe. This is a huge flaw in the gamemode I think. Currently police class has no point. Same goes for paramedic or firefighter or whatever class.
LW Cops and Robberys DM,Stunt etc sounds good!

Offline Swanson

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 02:22:02 AM »
Thanks for the positivity. Ultimately I don't think LW's should be pure cops and robbers, but more like you can choose whatever role you like to play. I heard many LW players who say they don't like roleplay, but yet they joined a gang because they like playing as a member of a gang. What do gangs do? They rob, deal in drugs and shoot other gang members. That's a role.... Other people might not want to join a gang but want to be busdriver or a hitman who takes care of other people's business. I'm sure you can think of many more roles that are fun, but also roles like being a prostitute or streetcleaner should be considered. The trick is to combine all the roles in a way that they all fit into a nice gameplay. It just would be so cool if the gameplay didn't revolve around killing, there could be multiple ways to earn money for that nice house or car you want. And in the end more people are happy because right now most are not. Server empty is not good...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 02:24:53 AM by masterbeef »

Offline LukaZ

• Fish 'n' Chips
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 03:00:46 AM »
In Latins server you can choose what mode you want play Freeroam,Stunt,Roleplay if this is implemeted Im 100% sure Latins Players Gonna join trust me!

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 08:47:18 AM »
[...]
Reunion, basically. The organization failed to persist.

[...]
The original moneygrub mode to begin with had only one 'purpose', if you would call it that: get bigger guns.
The LW basic mode is: Destroy players, steal their money, buy bigger guns, repeat.
Moneygrub basically 'ends' when you die wielding a minigun.
Then banks were introduced, which allowed you to keep a certain 'level' when you reached it once, so even if you died with rocketlauncher the game wasn't over.
Then other ways of making money than deathmatch were introduced for the 'other guys', so when you were king in DM you could try becoming king in something else.
Then someone had the retarded idea to add default weapons to a game that lives through the necessity to gain bigger guns. That was the whole mistake imho. Followed by many other stupid ideas that basically killed any last ambitions people didn't have to begin with.

Other servers sure are cool, but we're not your typical other server. We're littlewiteys. We're the place you've spend your sorry excuse of a youth with all your best friends you've never actually known in person. We're the community you can't escape from. We're the dead server you come back for resurrecting from the ashes like a phoenix even if basically the entire thing is broken and boring to death. We're the shitty old dead game you go out of your way to play even if you need to use compatibility mode to run it and even though your computer runs games a thousand times more diverse and fun. We're are both the shit and in deep shit and if you're a part of this community for longer than your penis you are liking it this way and you don't want anything else.

Offline Myle

• Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Myle
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »
The events are like bonus to your funtime in LWs.Exclusive events timely are a good idea,to keep the excitement hyped.But players should also enjoy without any events.We need new prize possessions and goals setup for it.Let it be,DM based or not.

The economy needs a big revise,with new ways to earn and spend.New goals needs to be set.

If you remember it well,you enjoyed the events with your friends,but those friends were made when they helped you to reach some goal,or maybe simply another guy you wanted to overcome with when he was killing you more than thousand times in your newbie times.

We don't need any new gamemode,the community is a freaking gamemode on it's own,something that you never get bored of.

There's always another way

UmarxD

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »
Maybe a little change in gamemode and server economy restart might work.
I dont see any problem with the current gamemode but i cannot identify the cause of low player count either.
Like masterbeef said there's a tough competetion with other servers except lws.
Bringing a temp change for testing has no cons.

Offline enkei

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 04:40:18 PM »
Seasonal events will aid in the steady repopulation of the server. If the community can count on events, you'll find people playing regularly.

Also, Enzo mentioned that the staff has already attempted seasonal events? Did I get that correctly? If so, I don't recall getting email invitations, nor do I recall seeing Facebook posts about it. So, it wasn't marketed as effectively as it could have been.

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »
Seasonal events will aid in the steady repopulation of the server. If the community can count on events, you'll find people playing regularly.

Also, Enzo mentioned that the staff has already attempted seasonal events? Did I get that correctly? If so, I don't recall getting email invitations, nor do I recall seeing Facebook posts about it. So, it wasn't marketed as effectively as it could have been.
He was talking about many reunions which have been quite successful altogether in the past. Something to keep players entertained is most likely going to increase our playercount, at least a little bit that we'll hardly be able to find it empty. I support your idea completely.

Offline Myle

• Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Myle
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2017, 07:39:52 PM »
I tried the Summer Rush,and can say it wasn't a total fail.Might boost up the promoting sector abit more effectively as enkei is suggesting.
Fun events and some tweaking on the current gamemode might do the trick.It might take time to jump to a total new gamemode,but I guess a little bit work and organization on the current one can bring things running again.
I'm just surprised by old players still caring for this place.I guess its not exactly forgotten or dead as we might've been thinking.

There's always another way