Author Topic: 2017 end of year address  (Read 12407 times)

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
2017 end of year address
« on: December 30, 2017, 06:52:42 PM »
Dear all,

There is a multitude of words to describe the (soon to be) past year of 2017.

For me, personally, the words that could, in the closest of ways, describe 2017 would be "chatoic", "adventurous", "multifaceted", "fast", "active", "productive", "counterproductive", "innovative".

I agree, there are a lot, and there'd probably be a thousand more but as I said, these describe my 2017 in the closest possible manner.

I'm not going to go in detail on what happened in the modification I am responsible for this year because for the most part of the year, my participation in it has been very superficial. I can, with great confidence, say that the drama never stops, and probably never will, but that is a perennial part of VC-MP, and perhaps all GTA:MP mods in general.

Every now and then a wiseass tends to pop up in the community with an innovative way to ruin everyone else's mood, may it be new tricks for ban evasion, hacking and so on and so forth.

I respect the aforementioned group of people. I really do. In my opinion, hackers (specifically hackers) are people of unbelievable intelligence that turn our modifications inside out, but the one thing I am very disappointed about is that they direct their knowledge of the game in the wrong direction.

The reason I say this is because in my opinion, it would be much better for all of us, for hackers and normal players alike, if hackers were to join forces with our developers that have spent thousands and thousands of hours of their (free) time (mind you, they don't get paid for this shit) and instead of ruining the game as a retaliation to some admin, or community member's wrong decision, they'd direct their information into making our mods safer and more enjoyable. They'd certainly be recognized much more professionally and respectfully in such a scenario, and instead of being banned off everywhere, they'd most probably be welcomed everywhere.

On a more general, and real-life related note, I have realized this year that talent and luck does not exist. Hard work can achieve wonders, marvelous wonders.

As a wise man once said - if your mind can conceive it, and your heart can believe it, then you can achieve it.

I wish everyone a happy upcoming 2018, and a productive year ahead. Keep it easy and real.

Offline DamnYouBerkley!

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
Re: 2017 end of year address
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 09:51:11 PM »
Same to you morphine, also happy new year in advance for the rest of the comunity!
Quote from: NewK
First of all, amazing work Berkley, we need more people like you in this community, people who are willing to go the extra mile to catch these cunts.

Offline NSXtreme95

• VC-MP Donator
  • The cake is a lie
    • Invasión Latina
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [VU]NSX
  • PAC ID: 20754
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 10:14:27 PM »
Happy new years Litthewhitey's! 8)

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 10:47:01 PM »
Just as every year, that's an impressive speech morphine. I definitely agree with the most part of your post, this year has been a huge challenge for each and every member of the community. We've been through a lot of stuff, and i'm looking forward to a brighter future with even more effort and determination. Happy New 2018 everyone. :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:49:29 PM by Runey »

Offline Casper.

• Fish 'n' Chips
  • Dark Fighters
    • DF Clan - Dark Fighters
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [DF]Casper
  • PAC ID: 42662
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 07:13:44 AM »

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti

• VC-MP Donator
  • Awards VC-MP Most Improved (2015)
    • Awards
@When I drink alcohol peoples call me ALCOHOLIC!
@When I drink fanta no one calls me FANTASTIC!

Offline Progaming

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • Contra-props ftw
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Seafury
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 10:01:34 AM »

Lets hope 2018 will be a better year for us, and The community,aswell ofc.. LITTLEWHITEY!

Offline PANZER24

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 10:23:57 AM »
I don't think that Vice City(the game itself) would survive after few year  :-\

Offline VCTaxiDriver

• VC-MP Donator
  • *SAMP UIF, Ocean Flats, #199**
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: VCTaxiDriver
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »
um... well... I think 2017 wasnt(or isnt) seem to bad
at least everything is still running fine
btw in my opinion I think that 2017 should be happily ended and 2018 should get a happy starts
so that all players(vcmp's or samp's) that are still in the ban list should be removed now :D
aint that a good idea :D ?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 10:40:38 AM by VCTaxiDriver »

https://imgflip.com/gif/1u2og3

Offline Spitfire

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2017, 03:53:09 PM »
This will be remembered by me as one of the most important years I have faced, with all the changes in mentality and decisions I have been going through. Some of them have not been easy to endure, but at the end they were all positive without a doubt. I also had the chance to meet a wonderful person and now I'm ready for anything that awaits for me in 2018.

Happy new year everybody!

Offline Renii

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 04:08:15 PM »
Happy new year everyone!

Offline Rest

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 04:16:01 PM »
Happy new year everyone and let's hope for a better future.

Offline Jibin

• Kiddy Fish
  • dope _ peace
    • 3DTeam
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [3D]Jibin
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 05:12:49 PM »
2017 was a great year to me both spiritually and mentally.
Searched many place to find something that was always inside me. Now I'm thankful for every new second that is being added to this mortal flesh of mine.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Now I know everything, Even the meaning of life.

If nature is illegal freedom doesn't exist.