Author Topic: Rate the admin's work!  (Read 11537 times)

Offline Iltigo

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
Re: Rate the admin's work!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 08:47:48 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up(the second time for me) - moving on - yes I undestand your aproach and it seems very logical, even your opinion on voting an american timezone admin seems very logical. There still however lies the question of how many american players offered that they would administrate?! yeah I know it´s a sneaky question ...  ??? 8) ;D

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »
Raz0, do you actually know some American players who play on LW's, i certainly don't... And if they were to play on LW's, i bet their ping's will suck, so they get kicked all the time :P
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline Iltigo

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 12:20:30 PM »
Raz0, do you actually know some American players who play on LW's, i certainly don't... And if they were to play on LW's, i bet their ping's will suck, so they get kicked all the time :P
my point exatly...

Offline Accident_o.O

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 04:08:51 PM »
Well, I think the admins are doing a great job, but like others have mentioned there arent always admins online, so sometimes you really want more admins on the server. It would be good if the votekick system allowed for less votes in order to kick a cheater, and that it would effectivly lock out the cheater for maybe 30minutes, more like a temporary ban.

Offline raz0

• MTA:SA Race Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 04:47:26 PM »
Yeah Accident. I've actually suggested that exact same idea before. It's easy enough to change the bot to just ban instead of kick when people vote for it, but the problem is unbanning again. Sure you can make a timer for 30 minutes, but what happens if the bot dies in between? There is a lot of things to consider here, so the implementation, although possible, will be more complex than you'd first assume. It also need to be tested thoroughly so we know that it can be trusted. Wouldn't want someone to be permanently banned because of !voteban - right? :)

As for knowing an American player - well, I don't really know the nationality of most players, since I haven't asked. Anyway, I assume finding one would be a simple matter of observing the server at night for regulars and ask where they are from? :) And for the record, Knuckles is an American (from Canada) and his ping is quite fine for racing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 04:53:32 PM by raz0 »

Offline Knuckles

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »
I'm usually having a ping from around 130 and I'm oversea, I'm the "late night" admin most of the time, you'll never see me on mornings since I'll be sleeping (or about to go sleep).

Offline MCvarial

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 07:11:13 PM »
I don't know if this idea is possible but I think that a lot more ppl would vote if the kicking is like the mapvote you know with 'press 1 to vote yes and 2 to vote no.' ???
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:14:54 PM by MCvarial »

Offline raz0

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 07:16:26 PM »
MCvarial: Unfortunately that's not possible in MTA:Race - only in MTA:DM.

Offline MCvarial

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 07:17:32 PM »
Ah to bad  :(

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »
Well, if a new admin should be chosen... i think we should choose someone from the east :P... let's say Japan or China... lol... time difference is about 8 hours... so if the time there is 15.00 in the afternoon, it's 7 o'clock in the morning here... ideal solution i think lol... now, someone from China or Japan would be nice... :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Iltigo

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 05:04:37 AM »
HI ya all,

so choosing someone from the east, may be a good idea, but there still is the question of is someone from that region interested in being an admin, and can he be trusted. In other news, I´m practily sure that as soon as I get a data plan I´ll be able to enter the the IRC channel during afternoons while in school, partly because there isn´t much to do, partly because I´m bored in a lot of subject, and partly cause I always wanted to browse the web while in school. As for early morning... well you can just look at the time I posted this reply. There was the idea of lookin thru the server at early morning an askin ppl where they are from. I wrote down a couple of people that played at those hours, my opinion on them is that the aren´t exatly skilled players, in fact you might even say there noobs. But what suprised me the most, was that of the 4 player excluding me, 2 where from the Czech Republic, on was from Norway and the last one didn´t reply, but judging by his handle(nick) I´d say he was most likely european. You all keep saying someone from the american timezones, but I think it can´t heart to try me. You know a trial. A couple of days than examine the results and decide, wheter it was usefull, or useless. If I would fail you wouldn´t have to fire me, cause I´d quit myself. But if you ask me, 8 admins are better then 7:)

Cheers

Iltigo

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 01:17:11 PM »
I think it's not healthy to be up that late for some adminwork for a couple of people on the server... it's only in the late morning and early afternoon, when there are around 10 people and 1 cheater... that's just plain annoying when there is no admin around :)... besides, Knuckles is online in the nighttimes here, since the time at his place than is around 3 in the afternoon, so no need for a nighttime admin i think... :)