Author Topic: Worst maps (which should be deleted)  (Read 32836 times)

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
Worst maps (which should be deleted)
« on: January 20, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »
Hi all, i was wondering which maps you think should be deleted cause they suck big time...

My nomination will be the going_down maps, since they're getting old and they bore the hell out of me!

Greets, Snipe

« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 11:06:49 AM by Snipe »
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
  • the boss of the midnight club
    • Awards
Re: Worst maps (which should be deleted)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »
i'm right with snipe!
can u delete the new going-down4 & reload the old. On my experience, i don't think the new start is better. but i don't ask to reload the old because of the start. the real reason is a question: have we the right to change something about a map who build by an another guy?  ???

Offline Cygnus

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 10:06:25 PM »
Why would we reload the old going-down4 when the new start is better than the old? (even though it still isn't good)
But yes, fixing maps yourself is possible. Just ask me (nicely :P) and say what you are planning to fix and I will send you the map. Upload the fixed map when you're done (add something like "v2" to the filename). It will then be reviewed in maptesting to see if it's an improvement over the old version, and if it is, the old version will be replaced.

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 10:28:59 PM »
CJ-NightMare---DANGER---
for the start  >:(, i don't see after!

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 05:49:45 PM »
i cant tell what map that is from here, el brujo...
What i can tell is that i want to nominate a map for deleting: that's the map where ppl have to drive rc cars through some whorehouse... with lots of dildo's and hearts and shit... seriously stupid map!

Anybody: what's the name of this map?

Offline raz0

• MTA:SA Race Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 03:15:12 AM »
Maybe we should add a few of the maps that have been on the server forever to every map test. At least then we will go through them, though slowly. Note: It's just an idea I just got. Don't know what the others think. :-)

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 05:27:56 PM »
with 2 test map by month and with 900 races, if you test 5 maps by test map, it take 90 months! ;D
really, i think it's a good idea, but don't delete all the maps!!
you are very hard in the test map! i'm disgusted each time i post a new map!! :(

Offline Knuckles

• MTA:SA Race Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »
Are you crazy? already that we have to deal with those maps each time we play.. don't add them on testing -_- we already can !delete ingame on maps that are getting boring/played too much.

Already that we fixed the going_down being voted over and over :P

Brujo: your last map, try to change the time of the day so it's not that dark, you can barely see anything, plus the start is confusing, add more cps. It could get thru with those 2 things changed.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 05:31:17 PM by Knuckles »

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 06:37:59 PM »
I think knuckles has a point there, you guys test maps every 2 weeks or so... (if not less)... Though it would be good if you were more online to delete maps when multiple ppl say it has to be deleted... As a result the total maplist will clean up a bit and you wont have to spend time in testing them like in the way brujo suggested

Offline Cygnus

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 11:18:29 PM »
What i can tell is that i want to nominate a map for deleting: that's the map where ppl have to drive rc cars through some whorehouse... with lots of dildo's and hearts and shit... seriously stupid map!

Anybody: what's the name of this map?

Lol, that map is called "ARMAX_HOME_by_ogieH".

Maybe we should add a few of the maps that have been on the server forever to every map test. At least then we will go through them, though slowly. Note: It's just an idea I just got. Don't know what the others think. :-)

I don't think that's necessary. Plop has already gone through the massive list of (untested) maps once, it took a lot of work (kudos to Plop) and much crap was deleted. The !delete command for admins works fine to do away with the bad maps that are still left on the server (already 168 maps were deleted because of it).

Also, I don't want to start deleting maps like a maniac, a nice amount of maps adds a lot of variety and keeps the game interesting, even 2 years after its release. There will always be maps that are hated by some, but that doesn't necessarily mean that *everyone* hates them and that they are absolutely no fun.

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 05:19:07 PM »
Offcourse Cygnus, obvious that last thing what you said. I think though it has to be done a couple times, say every 6 months or so.

And about that ARMAX HOME map: kill it, burn it, kill the author and... delete it...

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 05:33:04 PM »
yes it too simple cygnus!

just a suggestion: per la cordillera ( or something like that) is it possible to delete 4 or 5 cp?
i remember nobody finish it and 8 mns is very long. Someone of you ( admins) finish it?

Offline Cygnus

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »
That map has already been deleted because of the !delete command.

Offline Plop

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 07:23:20 PM »
For overplayed maps as an admin i find it a choir to race or sit smoking when
going_down(somenumber) gets voted but also as an admin the bigger picture
than my own fun for 5mins or so is to consider new players that absolutely love
these style of races, these are the guys who might become excellent racers one
day even if its a very low percent.
LW's server is a big favorite and this percent of people who go onto playing race
well are important to keep the community fresh and fun with that i say keep the
going down style maps but i wish we had new ones.  :P

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 07:35:10 PM »
Man, wth are you talking about Martin Luther Plopking :P... Going down sucks, at least 80% of the players would agree (i hope)... Serve those noobies fresher, more playable maps and the "Most likely feeling a bit better but still nooby"-percentage/experience level will also rise :)