Author Topic: Worst maps (which should be deleted)  (Read 32994 times)

Offline Knuckles

• MTA:SA Race Admin
    • Awards
Re: Worst maps (which should be deleted)
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 10:55:57 PM »
what happens in going_down<insert number> :
-1 skilled player gets ahead and wins
-A few lucky and skilled players get away from the beginners and manage to follow the lead and finish
-A few skilled players get noobed at the start but managed to get on track but can't make it to the end
-The rest of the people are failing over and over the start
-Some noobs are AFK
-Some cheater appears
-Jesus kills a kitten
-Cheater is banned for cruelty against kittens
-Plop for president in 2016

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
  • the boss of the midnight club
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 12:05:24 AM »
like each map!  :P

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 06:41:45 AM »
Those damned kittens always blocking and piling up at some spot in the race... damn
So very true
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline raz0

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 06:41:06 PM »
So true Knuckles, though the same can be said for most maps except for the "-The rest of the people are failing over and over the start". It's just magnitudes worse on going_down maps, since the *ONLY* chance you have to overtake someone is if they fall off the track (e.g. complete fuck up). On other maps, you can overtake other people by taking a better line through a corner or taking a short cut (i.e. they don't even HAVE to fuck up!) or of they make minor mistakes. Of course there is still the chance to take over if they make a complete fuck up also, but you have so many more ways to get ahead.

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 08:59:27 PM »
in short than: going down maps are suckage! But to be to the point and on topic :p... Which maps should also be deleted? (typed from iPod touch)

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 09:53:57 PM »
lol raz0, i can see you have many experience about how to overtake someone!!
about going down # snipe, like platini said "tout est dans le contrĂ´le" (all is in the control) ;D. and in the GD maps you are sure that all the noobs will not survive after 2 turns! the dream!!
ps: you can wait for a disconnect to overtake someone

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 12:55:02 PM »
I don't see your point there brujo... Surely it's great noobs will stay behind at the start, but don't forget that the start always suck at GD maps, so if there are some noobs in the front at the start, they will take down a lot of other people with them :S... And then it will all repeat itself: noobs fuck up, taking us with them in their fall, respawn, noobs fuck up, (maybe) take us again along with some damn kittens which were piled up in the first 2 corners, respawn, etc. etc... Result: a lot of dead people and kittens... :S

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 01:15:02 PM »
i have two races who merit an attentive study!
the first is dj, i don't remember why ( i think it's about the build) but sure it's a shit race >:(
the second is watchout. nobody remember this race but one cp is problematic. is it possible to make the cp 15 far away the water? it's a spawn cp. you arrive in boat & spawn in a monster but most of spawn is finally a drown.

i've another question: i post the wankenstein map on december but they don't appear on the test. there's a particular reason? ???

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 01:31:30 PM »
that map described with the monster spawn is a total shit map as a whole... and off course, what brujo described especially!!! The other day i was playing some map which was hopelessly boring... cant tell what the name was, but one thing is sure: it has to go :P

Offline Cygnus

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 08:46:59 PM »
the second is watchout. nobody remember this race but one cp is problematic. is it possible to make the cp 15 far away the water? it's a spawn cp. you arrive in boat & spawn in a monster but most of spawn is finally a drown.

I'll take a look at this map next week (again, if I don't forget :P).

i've another question: i post the wankenstein map on december but they don't appear on the test. there's a particular reason? ???

Yes, I remember that some wankenstein maps were uploaded but they were all deleted before testing because they didn't have enough spawnpoints. Maps with less than 32 spawns get deleted instantly.

Offline raz0

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 03:28:34 AM »
I just tried that 'watchout' map the other day. It's a royal pain with the boat -> monster change. 90% of the time you just drown, and the ofther 10% you go flying uncontrollably.

Offline Knuckles

• Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 05:08:44 PM »
tma-saA should be, already did a !delete on it.

Offline Cygnus

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »
watchOUT should be fixed now, no more drowns on CP 15. Also, if anyone wants to volunteer for fixing some bugged maps, please let me know. I would do it myself, but I'm already putting a lot of time in the server scripts, the mtaStats database, and map testing sessions.

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 08:58:45 AM »
watchOUT should be fixed now, no more drowns on CP 15. Also, if anyone wants to volunteer for fixing some bugged maps, please let me know. I would do it myself, but I'm already putting a lot of time in the server scripts, the mtaStats database, and map testing sessions.

no biggie cygnus, if u pay me :P... no, j/k... if u let me know which cp's should be fixed, i want to help you guys out :)

Offline pro2c

• Adult Fish
    • Kiwi application monitor
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 05:06:43 PM »
"TheALLRace", bah, what a pain in the ass and poorly made.  >:(