Author Topic: Worst maps (which should be deleted)  (Read 33201 times)

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
  • the boss of the midnight club
    • Awards
Re: Worst maps (which should be deleted)
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 07:29:01 PM »
ok cygnus, if you have some maps to fix, tell me it.  :)

ps: between the number of maps i upload, and the number after the test, i don't sure i'm the best choice!  :P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 10:19:15 PM by elbrujo »

Offline pro2c

• Adult Fish
    • Kiwi application monitor
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2008, 03:55:48 PM »
btw: the number of DMs could be reduced, since all the other servers play DMs all the time. This server is all about race. Sure some DM fits well after 20 maps, but not every third map and the n00bs vote for dm nonstop :(

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 06:47:57 PM »
i don't think it's wrong to have some dm's on the server... it's an all round server, which some servers aren't :)
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline raz0

• MTA:SA Race Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 09:03:29 PM »
Snipe is right. It's nice with an occasional DM or two. The only real problem I see is stats, since DM is bad for them.  Maybe I can convince Cygnus to make some kind of system so that DM doesn't hurt your stats. :p

Offline pro2c

• Adult Fish
    • Kiwi application monitor
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 11:09:54 PM »
yes. of course dm is nice occasionaly, but noobs vote heavy for dms, so there is almost every third map a dm :(

Offline raz0

• Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 12:58:34 AM »
I think you're overstating quite a bit now. Races heavily outnumber DMs on this server, and it happens quite often that none of the eight maps is a DM. Actually, we've tried to increase the number of DMs on the server by approving quite a few good ones in map testing. On the other hand quite a few of the old DM maps (the ones that suck royally) have been deleted too. Of course there are still some sucky ones left, but they will hopefully be deleted with time. I used to hate DM too, but that was back when all the DM maps sucked. DM can actually be quite enjoyable so long as the map is good. :-)

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
  • the boss of the midnight club
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 06:35:53 PM »
héhé pro2, i see what you say. BUT  ??? i think you mistake the Dm & the race. when some people ram you, it could be a DM, ... or a race!
if you want a mark, when i see all the players go in the same way, it's a race but you can be ram by the N. :P

Offline Kelly

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008, 09:33:56 PM »
I nominate SLIDE.

For obvious reasons.

Offline Knuckles

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2008, 10:32:01 PM »
SLIDE IS FUN!

Offline Vecna

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 02:26:26 AM »
Fun it is!

and ive seen the best of you forget that first right turn :P

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 05:46:12 PM »
Slide is kind of fun... :)

Offline MCvarial

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2008, 01:59:09 PM »
The best DM ever should be deleted you can't even drive of the edge >:(

Offline Iltigo

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2008, 01:57:26 AM »
Reading thru the post here I found out that you recognize only three types of players:
1)Admin (important - good)
2)Skilled players
3)noobs (critisised for not beeing able to play and for causing accidents)
+ cheaters, AFK´s etc.
But what your all forgeting is that when you started playing you must have been noobs too, or am I wrong. I for one admit that when I started at MTA about a year or so ago, I was a complete noob, not even able to finish 99 % of races. I won first time after about 3 months, and now when I´m in the wright mood, I can win 5 times in one of my play sessions (1-3 hours) so let me just ask ya´all how would you feel if someone keept saying you suck and so on. I mean sure noobs are bad, but without´em playing MTA would be it, it would be like the world without criminals -> just to fucking perfekt, bad enought to drive you nuts. Oh and You don´t have to bee so harsh on the maps(don´t mean the new ones, but the old ones) cause some of´em are really fun, maybe not well mayde but fun -> not going-down. But the LR-YoYo series are on of my favorite Loop_the_loop_Reloaded also and so on. Of course there´s the take an infernus and drive a highway which exept some really suck, cause their just downwright boaring. Takes almoust 8 min. to finish and all you do is adjust the car not to crash from ... or you press the nitrous.

Well that´s all from me, oh and I´d also be interested in helping with map testing and retesting.

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »
I think you have a point there, Iltigo... I started playing like 8 months ago, but i play GTA for a longer time now, so i wasn't that bad... Won once in a while, but not as much as i'm winning now (say back than like every 20 maps or so, in stead of every 5 now on average)... But you also have to admit, that having too many noobs around just sucks... And that many old maps are just getting boring because they're played too many times (say, Going_down maps and your favorite maps YOYO and L_the_L-Reloaded)... I thought Plop was busy with testing those maps and see if some could be deleted for the reason i stated earlier :)... To be conclusive, many noobs just suck and old maps have to be deleted cause they're getting boring...

Offline Iltigo

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »
Yeah,

but I never said going_down was my favorite map, gosh actually I don´t like and it is old. But your wright on the part of too many noobs playing on littlewhiteys is bad. Not only cause it ruins the game, but also if some new skilled players arrive to have a look and see so many noobs, they just get agrevated and leave -> or at least I would.