Author Topic: It's going down!  (Read 7791 times)

Offline elof

• MTA:SA Race Admin
  • I've been to Brighton too! So What.
    • Awards
It's going down!
« on: January 14, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »
This graph shows the amount of players over the last year.
Lost a lot of players when the server thingy went tits up, and the last mounth or so its slowly gone down,
Im getting fed up "playing with myself" :)

I know that Littlewhitry's mta sa wont go on forever with gta 4 and other newer games out now,
but is there something that will get the player numbers up?

One thing that i think may help, would be to reset the records and start again,
I know that would pissoff some people (micro mostly) but i would lose my records too (all 9 of them) :)
also quite a few of the records are held by people that dont play anymore.

What do you think ladys??

Offline tezza

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Will work for food!!!!!
    • I like you
    • Awards
Re: It's going down!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:16:09 PM »
Well ive been playing samp for quite a while now, and i'll admit that i reli have no clue as to what mta is, my only thought is that it is a racing server, with the san andreas map and some racing mods. If this is the case and it does have parts of the san andreas map and the vehicles then i suggest an advert should be put up in the san andreas section of the forum, to see if u can draw some racing ppl from san andreas.

We're no strangers to love You know the rules and so do I A full commitment's what I'm thinking of You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it Inside we both know what's been going on We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

(Ooh give you up) (Ooh give you up) (Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up) (Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up)

We've known each other for so long Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it Inside we both know what's been going on We know the game and we're gonna play it

Offline elof

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »
Well ive been playing samp for quite a while now, and i'll admit that i reli have no clue as to what mta is, my only thought is that it is a racing server, with the san andreas map and some racing mods. If this is the case and it does have parts of the san andreas map and the vehicles then i suggest an advert should be put up in the san andreas section of the forum, to see if u can draw some racing ppl from san andreas.

Its like the 22 Street Race missions when you play gta sa (without the peds and AI trafic), but with up to 32 players,
And hundreds of maps to race on,  custom made and stock SA roads maps,DM's too, flying, and/or driving most of the Vehicles and boats.

Shed loads of fun :)

Offline dannymc18

• SA-MP Donator
    • That´s how I keep cool:
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 04:13:53 PM »
Which ye can do in SA-MP anyway!

Offline tezza

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Will work for food!!!!!
    • I like you
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »
wot is the ip of the mta server i cant seem to find it

We're no strangers to love You know the rules and so do I A full commitment's what I'm thinking of You wouldn't get this from any other guy

And if you ask me how I'm feeling Don't tell me you're too blind to see

(Ooh give you up) (Ooh give you up) (Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up) (Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up)

Offline breezie

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
85.17.19.181:22003

imo it's the mta's team fault

when they released the crappy crashing 1.1.2 alot of players left the game

Offline raz0

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 06:39:33 PM »

I agree. Only eAi seemed to care about legacy releases. Everyone else told me to use MTA:DM - it's can do everything MTA:Race can do (only it doesn't do it as well yet, which is the problem) and basically said that a new version of Race wouldn't happen. It did, but too bad it sucked. I have asked the MTA team to put 1.1.1 up as the latest Race release several times, but they refuse. They've doomed MTA:Race - there is no way around that.

With that in mind we probably should start thinking about moving to MTA:DM. Now that it's been open-sourced progress seems to be fast, and they're talking about a 1.0 version "soon". Hopefully "soon" isn't the usual MTA team soon though, as that would mean another 3 years or so. ;) My biggest problem with MTA:DM when I tried it, though, is that it seems extremely bloated and slow compared to MTA:Race. Map changes take a lot longer and lag my computer when they happen. Hopefully the bugs have been fixed since then too, since there were a lot of those. A good thing about MTA:DM though, is that it will finally make it possible for us to have accurate records instead of only in full seconds. :)

Now we just need someone to develop a whole new infrastructure for the server... :/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 06:45:37 PM by raz0 »

Offline elof

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 11:55:39 PM »
Yep, It's not just Littlewhitey's, Theres only 17 players between all the servers just now (January 16, 2009, 12:51:02 am )

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
  • the boss of the midnight club
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 09:39:31 PM »

i'm right with you.
So we can understand the mta race mod isn't the priority. but now, without all seeing eye, the number of players going down until ...? :-\

Offline dugi

• Management
    • best song ever
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 07:22:36 PM »
Too bad that it does not work on vista :(

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »
i'm right with you.
So we can understand the mta race mod isn't the priority. but now, without all seeing eye, the number of players going down until ...? :-\
I think a lot of people don't know the existence of version 1.1.2 so they can look up the servers again. Result? People stopped playing and didn't bother trying to find a server via Quick Connect obviously.
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline elof

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »
It's been quite good lately :)

Offline Rao

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 04:25:57 PM »
i didnt notice any difference. :P

Offline pro2c

• Adult Fish
    • Kiwi application monitor
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 10:12:33 AM »
looks the same to me

Offline elof

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »
I've been trying to get some sa-mp ppl to have a rest from all that killing and come over here for a nice race or two,

http://gta-mp.littlewhitey.com/index.php?topic=7067.0

Kenny got it right i think,

Make it work on Vista and I'll join :(

Why wont they give us a good update?

Maybe one of the admin's could do a sticky on how and where to get mta race :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:47:55 AM by elof »