Author Topic: [ENG] Server Echo [UPDATED 27/1/10]  (Read 5405 times)

Offline Ez

• SA-MP Retirees
    • I dont like this:
    • Awards
[ENG] Server Echo [UPDATED 27/1/10]
« on: February 15, 2009, 05:08:04 AM »
What is IRC?

Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private message as well as chat and data transfers via Direct Client-to-Client.

Why should I use IRC?

IRC is a fast way to communicate with other players of littlewhiteys SA-MP server, as well as other IRC users from irc.focogaming.com and SA-MP. While the forums are a good way to communicate and be part of the community. IRC allows for real-time conversation with others. It is also possible to communicate with players ingame and view ingame messages in real time via our IRC echo (#lw.echo)

Channels

Official Channels
#lw (Main discussion and chat channel)
#lw.echo (Ingame chat and messages displayed on IRC)

How do I join IRC?

You can join IRC using a webclient such as Mibbit (www.mibbit.com)
Or you can use a software client such as mIRC (http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/topic,1179.msg8787.html#msg8787)
or XChat (http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/topic,1179.msg54304.html#msg54304)

IRC Echo?

We have 6 Echo bots (CuddleM*ffin)

All ingame chat and most server messages are shown in the IRC echo.
You can also chat to all players ingame using the "!msg <YourMessage>" or !say <YourMessage>" and !pm <ID> <Message>

Note: The !pm command can also be used by sending a query to CuddleMuffin (/query CuddleMuffin !pm id message) if you dont want other IRC users to see your message.

And use "!me <Action>" which is equivalent to the /me command ingame.

VIP players can also use "!vip <YourMessage>" to speak in VIP chat.

Other commands are "!tp" (Show total online player count) and "!vips" (Show total online VIP count)

Here is a brief run down on the different IRC usermodes:

"+" - Voiced User (VIP/Donator, Can see VIP chat from IRC)
"%" - Halfop - (Moderator, Can see moderator chat from IRC and speak to admins ingame and also !mute, !unmute players)
"@" - Op - (Admin, Can see reports, IP messages on connect and other admin messages)

Rules?

Please dont spam or flood any channels.
Dont spam the any IRC commands.
The IRC Echo is for using IRC commands only, lw.samp is for chatting and discussion.
Please dont bring any IRC bots into the echo channel.

Have fun!

- LW Crew
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:59:25 AM by Ez »