Author Topic: I suggest a decrease in Vote Kick percentage required (maybe to 50% ?)  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Colk

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
Hello Everyone at the server, thanks for doing a great job

Now I'm pretty sure that this is something that a lot of my fellow regulars on the server will probably agree with. When the admins are around they do a great job of policing our server of cheaters so all us racers can race fairly as the vast majority of us wish to. However, when there are no admins about the server can be a bit of a nightmare. I think the current vote-kick percentage required is a tad too high.

What happens at the moment if a cheater appears ingame is that everyone tries calling the admins. If this fails, after a while the people who know how to votekick will use the votekick command. If not enough votes are cast, we will ask people using the chat function to please vote-kick the cheater. If the people who havent voted dont know how to use the chat function, or dont understand english, or whatever, then everyone is stuck with the cheater. This can be really frustrating as there is no choice but to leave after a while of being cheated.  I'm sure this must actually put people off of joining the server in the first place, as its annoying to be stuck with a cheater. Also this probably attracts hackers as well if they know its so hard to get kicked when no admins are there.

Thanks for listening I hope my suggestion can be implemented in some way

Colk

Offline elof

• MTA:SA Race Admin
  • I've been to Brighton too! So What.
    • Awards
Re: I suggest a decrease in Vote Kick percentage required (maybe to 50% ?)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:55:44 PM »
sounds like a good idea to me :)

Offline pro2c

• Adult Fish
    • Kiwi application monitor
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 07:52:29 PM »
This is good, but don't forget that this is just a kick: the cheater can re-join in seconds! So all of this is for nothing. It should be a temporary ban!

Offline elof

• I've been to Brighton too! So What.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »
Oh plese, there must be something that can be done, tonight there where 5 or 6 regular players on, some good racing, and then dicks came on with the cheats and everybody went >:(

Offline MCvarial

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 07:50:16 AM »
Well I think we need more admins; right now only Cygnus is active.
The others are either on vista or inactive.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 08:06:08 AM by MCvarial »

Offline Csena[HUN]

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »
I agree. Those fucking cheaters killing the servers. Not just LW. Idiot loosers. They fucked me up! Arggg!!!
You belong to the two bagged types. A bag is needed for my head, maybe on yours being tears out.

Offline raz0

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 02:23:21 AM »
Good idea about lowering limit for votekick. Also good idea about making it tempban to make votekick actually effective. I'll ask the other admins what they think and see if we can find a solution.

Offline pro2c

• Adult Fish
    • Kiwi application monitor
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »
cool

btw: you guys can give MC some banning rights: he is often online and thus can improve cheater cleaning ;)

Offline Colk

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 06:02:47 PM »
Good idea pro2c, I didnt realise kicks were temporary - thought they were time limited. So your idea of a kick ban sounds perfect. Maybe an hour, or two hour kick ban?

And thanks raz0, I hope we can find a solution too. Cheers!