Author Topic: Transporter Package Mission Information  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Sjitty

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
Transporter Package Mission Information
« on: October 08, 2010, 08:51:13 AM »
I Intro

The primary mission is to deliver a package from the depot to the proposed delivery location.
The secundary mission is to steal the package from a transporter, deliver and sell it to Joe, located at the strip.

II Depot Location

A little map of the location where all mission start. The location of the delivery locations will be shown with a checkpoint blip when doing a mission.

II Starting a mission

Starting a mission is very simple. Just drive to the depot and pickup the box with your vehicle. A dialog will pop-up with the information of the package. You can now either accept or cancel the mission. When you meet the required weight capcaity and you can pay the penalty, the mission will start and a red checkpoint will show on your map to show you where to deliver the package.

III Penalty

The penalty is 10% of the reward you get for delivering the package. This means that if you fail the missions, you will loose money. You have to pay this penalty in advance to avoid bugs, and the money will be returned when you succeed a mission along with your reward. Once you get started, the penalty wont be an issue anymore since they are pretty low to what u earn after a few missions.

IV Reward

The reward depends on the type of good, the weight and the distance of transport. Delivering the good faster will NOT increase your reward.
The time limit is calculated by distance.

V Packages

New packages are automatically and randomly created whenever a previous mission is finished. The type of goods and delivery locations available is for you to discover on the server! What i do want to exaplain a bit is the weight and the usage of diff vehicles and trailers.

1kg: Can be picked up, transported and delivered by foot. The pacakge is alwyas on your body.

Being capable of transporting larger packages with your curretn vehicle depends on the weight capacity of the vehicle.

- Motorbikes can carry up to 10kg
- Sport cars can carry up to 25kg
- Small vehicles can carry up to 50kg
- Small pickups and vans can carry up to 250kg
- Bigger pickups and vans can carry up to 1000kg
- Some big trucks can carry up to 2500kg
- Trailers can carry up to 10 000 kg
- Some unique vehicles have different weight categories depending on their size or special features.

- A truck without a trailer cannot carry any goods. You need a trailer attached.

VI Mission fails

A transporter mission ends if one of the follwoing events occurs:

- Player succeeds and delivers package on time.
- Player fails to deliver the package in time.
- Package is destroyed (if the vehicle/trailer containing a package is destroyed)
- Package is stolen and sold to Joe (this event is not explicit but will automatically result in a time-out leading to a mission fail)
- Player disconnects
- Player types "/transport ct" and thereby cancels the mission himself.
- Player is killed. You can not retrieve a package from your mission after you died. However, if not destroyed, the package remains in the vehicle, available for stealing (note: see" VII Stealing a package" for more info).

VII Stealing a package

When someone starts a transport mission, this is reported in main chat. The street value is also mentioned, so if you are interested in that 100 000 dollar drugs package, go look for the transporter (/loc <playerid>) and try to steal (NOT destroy) the vehicle. When in any vehicle, you can now type "/transport sv" or "/transport st" to search your current vehicle/trailer for a package. If you just stole the vehicle from a transporter, you wil find that package and a checkpoint is shown on the map where you can deliver and sell it for the street value, wich is 50% of the original reward. There is no time limit on a stealing mission.

Note: After ending any transport mission, you have to wait 3 minutes before you can steal a package. This is to prevent bug abusing wich i wont explain :)
Hint: Always check any vehicle or trailer for any lost packages if you wanna be surprised by some drugs in your car.

If i missed something or if you have any questions,comments or suggestions feel free to post them here.

Enjoy!

Greets

Sjitty

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:53:12 AM by Sjitty »

Offline Alvar

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
Re: Transporter Package Mission Information
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 11:05:54 AM »
Could you add how to end the mission? Should there be a red blip or something. I was trying to deliver to Xoomer in desert but didn't notice a red blip or anything. Maybe I was just in a wrong location.
Easy isn't always simple.

Offline j.king

• VC-MP Retirees
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 02:31:24 PM »
I donno where to post this, but i was doing the mission where i had to transport doughnuts to the basketball stadium, where i just entered the compound the red maker disappeared and the mission was ended because I ran out of time. :(

Offline Alvar

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 02:49:36 PM »
I donno where to post this, but i was doing the mission where i had to transport doughnuts to the basketball stadium, where i just entered the compound the red maker disappeared and the mission was ended because I ran out of time. :(
That's because you went too close to the "race start red blip", either the quarry or the one on the strip, clowns pocket or w/e it is.
Easy isn't always simple.

Offline Sjitty

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »
did the marker dissapear before or after you timed out? if it was on same time then its normal, u just timed out.. and the checkpoint bug was fixed, checkpoints wont stream if ur transporting. so either it was normal or a new bug! hopefully a one time bug. try to explain the situation better or post again if it occurs again. thank you for reporting bugs.

grtz

sjitty

Offline j.king

• VC-MP Retirees
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 11:19:52 AM »
Well I usually use the highway to avoid others and up on the bridges on the highway and through the city. I don't remember going through any cp but there was however a race cp (all around sa). As for your question sjitty, I arrived there with 20 or so seconds to spare and I spent it trying to find the marker. Yesterday I was waiting for the same delivery mission so as you said to see if it was a one time bug.

Edit: I just did the same mission again and the marker vanished yet again.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 12:33:09 AM by Ä´.ĶĨŃĞ »