Author Topic: GTA4 on consoles with keys and mouse?  (Read 6357 times)

SUPERBAD

GTA4 on consoles with keys and mouse?
« on: April 29, 2008, 11:23:12 PM »
Yeah its out!
No I am a pad noob :-(
Is there any way to play it with keys and mouse on a ps3 or 360?
Help would be fine :-)

Please stay at the topic!

Sneaky

Re: GTA4 on consoles with keys and mouse?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 06:26:54 AM »
Same here, I suck with controllers.. I've did some research and found this:

And:

To further enforce the idea of the Playstation 3 as an "entertainment supercomputer", Sony have revealed the console will feature 6 USB slots, and will support a keyboard and mouse.

:)

EDIT: is it possible to actually play with keyboard and mouse in gta4? maby theres no option for it >.>
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 07:03:26 AM by Sneaky »

Offline [eVo]Rizla

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • O.A.P
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [eVo]Rizla
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 04:55:38 PM »
wtf??? it was intended to be played with controller, same as every other GTA  ::) its a console game ...

Hanney

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 12:06:42 AM »
Same here, I suck with controllers.. I've did some research and found this:

And:

To further enforce the idea of the Playstation 3 as an "entertainment supercomputer", Sony have revealed the console will feature 6 USB slots, and will support a keyboard and mouse.

:)

EDIT: is it possible to actually play with keyboard and mouse in gta4? maby theres no option for it >.>

Iv tried that mouse and keyboard converter thing for Xbox it's not exactly perfect and feels sluggish and weird. Basically on the box for the converter you get 2 little sliders one controls the X and the other the Y of the mouse. Setting it is pretty difficult and no matter how perfect you try to get it it just doesn't feel right though it's worth a try yourself. The keyboard worked perfect though from what I can remember.

SUPERBAD

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 02:33:06 PM »
First thank you all!
If anyone finds a adapter for mouse and keys that really works like on pc gta playin please tell me.
I gonna get used to the pad, the driving is much better. I already got used to it. But shooting is still hard.
And I do not get a such goog overview with pad than with mouse.

wtf??? it was intended to be played with controller, same as every other GTA  ::) its a console game ...
No.

Offline Shanto

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Owner of KFJ
    • KFJ Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 04:44:21 PM »
I have the mouse and keyboard converter. It's okay if you can set it correctly. Plus there are a lot of buttons used in Gta IV so you might not get the perfect Keyboard settings you want.

http://shantosblog.blogspot.com/

sʞɔns ɹǝʎɐ1dıʇ1nɯ sɐǝɹpuɐ uɐs

SUPERBAD

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »
Thanks, I think I already got used to the pad. At driving its really good, and the new shooting system a la gears of war makes it easier to shoot with pad.

Offline [V3loc1Ty]

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Premium Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 07:20:44 PM »
Thanks, I think I already got used to the pad. At driving its really good, and the new shooting system a la gears of war makes it easier to shoot with pad.
Bit offtopic maybe, but i don't like that new shooting / aiming system that much. I'd like to manually aim at specific spots too instead of being locked to human targets all the time (maybe there's a way around it... only played a few hours at a friend.. on his HUUUUUGE tv ;D :o).

Besides this.. i would agree with Riz. GTA is actually meant to be a console game. :P

Offline Elite

• Tiny Fish
  • DONT READ THIS!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »
yes you can turn the auto aim off, its more phun like that anyway in my opinion

Offline [V3loc1Ty]

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Premium Member
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »
yes you can turn the auto aim off, its more phun like that anyway in my opinion
Oh i see. Didnt know that (didnt try actually cuz i was just playing a bit at a friend as i stated).
I mean we had autoaim on the previous GTA titles aswell, but still you have been able to aim away from those "autoaim targets" in case you wanted too (without changing anything in options etc). That's why i got a bit "confused" while playing GTA4 now for the first time.
Thanks for enlightening me tho. :)

Offline Oogie

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 11:36:43 PM »
Auto aim is lame, it's obvious we have it because controllers suck. And gta is not meant to be a console game, that's just politics, big ass corporations wanting even more money so we have to wait until pc release. Vice city and San andreas were released for ps2 first because sony bought exclusivity...

Kb and mouse ftw !

SUPERBAD

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 04:17:38 AM »
yes I am for kb and mouse 2.
But I wanna drive with pad. Its much more fun in gta 4 to drive with pad.