Author Topic: Predators  (Read 3520 times)

Offline Sjitty

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
Predators
« on: June 30, 2012, 12:35:47 PM »
If you have seen the movie "Predators" you already have a good idea of how this game will look like.

There are two teams, evenly balanced (5 vs 5 would be a nice count), the Predators en the Preys.

Preys
First, the Preys are dropped from the air with a parachute at random positions into the Back-o-Beyond forest (see map for location and boundaries). Each Prey member has one type of weapon (Combat shotgun, Rifle, MP5, Desert, Chainsaw or Sniper) with limited amount of ammo (around 10-20 shots max), 0 armour, 100HP,  a Bush camouflage (provided by admin, free of charge) and enough money to sustain camo for 14 minutes.

Predators
Secondly, 1 minute after the Prey drop, the Predators are dropped as a team at a random location in the forest. Every Predator member has a  M4(250), Sniper(30),Desert(30) anda  kinfe, 50 armour, 100HP. (NO camo) and possibly (yet to be determined) a buggy and a sanchez at their disposal.

Goal
The main goal of the predators is obviously to find and kill all preys within 15 minutes. The goal of the Preys is for at least one of the Preys to survive 15 minutes OR to kill all Predators if possible. (depending on the amount of participants, the time can be adjusted)

Remarks:
- The bush does not allow aiming with sniper (and also hard with other weapons), so u will have to drop camouflage before using sniper (or other).
- Teaming -up of Preys is allowed but u will have to find each other first off course. It would be desired if only Preys that are close to each communicate but theres no way of controlling, so its just up to you.
- Stay within the boundaries, going out of the boundaries will result in kick from event
- The first game will be more of a test game to adapt rules and features to make it a fun and fair game, winnable by both teams.

WHEN
- Since I have a very busy vacation coming up, i cannot put any date or time on this event, so basically I am just gonna host this whenever i'm ingame and enough players are around and interested. So this is not a one time event, ill do this regularly, so just try to play LW as much as possible and ull catch the game one time or antoher!! (just as for any other events ill be hosting)

So just take a look at this as a background info for when ur ingame and it happens! The more players read it here before they play, the less i have to explain ingame!

Regards

Sjitty

MAP:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:45:45 PM by Sjitty »

ankit

Re: Predators
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 01:20:03 PM »
Sounds fun. I'll try to catch up with this event.

Offline [R]Qwerbeet_rulstler

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »
nice  :)
Are preys allowed to take vehicles in that area or steal the car from a predetor?

Offline Sjitty

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 03:52:17 PM »
Well i was thinking of providing one or two sanchez, and one 2 seater buggy (because looking for hidden players on foot would take too long and it is a hunting trip so). And those are the ONLY vehicles allowed to be used, but i guess stealing the vehicles would not be a problem for the gameplay, might even spice it up a bit. But vehicle dead = vehicle dead.

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »
I love it.

Offline Quickplay

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Crazy Mind
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Quickplay
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 07:40:17 PM »
very nice idea!
gratz man

Offline enO_suhpyrG[R]

• Tiny Fish
  • Slice Master of Property
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 03:14:47 AM »
- The first game will be more of a test game to adapt rules and features to make it a fun and fair game, winnable by both teams.

When you have two teams whose features are so different, it's very hard to make the game completely balanced, and usually one of the teams ends up having an advantage (even if it's small) over the other. So what you could do is just two rounds with team switching: when the first round ends, the players that were predators in the first round become preys in the second round, and viceversa, so all players end up playing in both roles.

Offline Sjitty

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 08:51:20 AM »

When you have two teams whose features are so different, it's very hard to make the game completely balanced, and usually one of the teams ends up having an advantage (even if it's small) over the other. So what you could do is just two rounds with team switching: when the first round ends, the players that were predators in the first round become preys in the second round, and viceversa, so all players end up playing in both roles.

Well yes ofcourse, it is obvious that the predators have a big advantage when it comes to combat, but i figured its implied that any event with two diffirent team, there is always gonna be switching, even just for the fun of playing both teams. sorry if that was not the case ;)

Offline [JOKER]Miczi

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Proud LW player since SA-MP 0,1b
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
Sounds cool, let's hunt  8)