Author Topic: FPS Limit  (Read 17140 times)

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
Re: FPS Limit
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »
There isn't such drastic player count drop but we should admit that there is a reduction in players on the peak times when the count was over 40 players which has now dropped to 20-30.

Which is probably because players generally have a life in the months of June, July and August, and are possibly on holidays during the aforementioned months.

Offline Force

• VC-MP Developer
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2015, 05:06:14 PM »
There isn't such drastic player count drop but we should admit that there is a reduction in players on the peak times when the count was over 40 players which has now dropped to 20-30.

Which is probably because players generally have a life in the months of June, July and August, and are possibly on holidays during the aforementioned months.

Are you people forgetting that most people playing here are still in school and May til early August is their summer holiday? The player count always drops around this time of year, and will most likely increase again come December time.
Twitch TV Livestreams: http://twitch.tv/forceh91/

Offline Azal

• Adult Fish
  • VC:MP name:[UF]BloodClaw SAMP name: Silent_Jack
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2015, 05:45:56 PM »
@Force the point isn't that this servers player count is droping the point is that all the players who used to play here have moved to another server lets take a look at both's player count (after the 30 FPS rule was enforced)

LW's 19/100

Other server  30/40

and on normal times

LW's 24/100

other server 25/40
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 05:54:09 PM by Azal »

Offline AEO

• VC-MP Retirees
  • VIVA MÉXICO CABRONES !
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2015, 09:55:42 PM »
ROFL, just put the frame limiter off and stop with all this drama shit.

Offline AdTec_224

• Management
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2015, 11:47:32 PM »
I'd just like to point out this topic wasn't created to discuss if the frame-limiter will be turn off or not, it was created to inform people of why the frame-limiter has been turned on.

I'll also just leave this here as it's related:

Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> anyway, i would understand the moaning if the admin (in this case, AdTec_224) was limiting it to 30 because he was incapable of running at 60 so he was doing it for his own personal gain
Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> but the fact is, he's doing this to keep the game fair for everybody
Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> sure, there will always be people who disagree with any decision that he makes
Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> that's just how the world is
Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> but bitching and moaning for a solid week wont make him change his mind
Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> remember, this is AdTec_224
Mon 04:46::. <&VRocker-Work> he's a stubborn bugger
Mon 04:46::. <&VRocker-Work> push him and he'll just stand his ground even more
Mon 04:46::. <WiLs0n`> At least AdTec_224 saved other players from getting rape
Mon 04:47::. <krystianoo> point taken, if he wants to go for 'perfect sync', so be it ;p
Mon 04:48::. <&VRocker-Work> and for the people who are saying that the server will lose players
Mon 04:48::. <&VRocker-Work> from what ad has told me, that hasnt happened
Mon 04:48::. <&VRocker-Work> and it may lose the 5% of people who are moaning
Mon 04:48::. <&VRocker-Work> it's not like it'll lose the entire community
Mon 04:48::. <WiLs0n`> 37/100
Mon 04:48::. <WiLs0n`> atm
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:01:00 AM by AdTec_224 »

Offline Cristiano[Elv]

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 11:07:29 PM »

Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> anyway, i would understand the moaning if the admin (in this case, AdTec_224) was limiting it to 30 because he was incapable of running at 60 so he was doing it for his own personal gain
Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> but the fact is, he's doing this to keep the game fair for everybody
Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> sure, there will always be people who disagree with any decision that he makes
Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> that's just how the world is
Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> but bitching and moaning for a solid week wont make him change his mind
Mon 04:45::. <&VRocker-Work> remember, this is AdTec_224
Mon 04:46::. <&VRocker-Work> he's a stubborn bugger
Mon 04:46::. <&VRocker-Work> push him and he'll just stand his ground even more
Mon 04:46::. <WiLs0n`> At least AdTec_224 saved other players from getting rape
Mon 04:47::. <krystianoo> point taken, if he wants to go for 'perfect sync', so be it ;p
Mon 04:48::. <&VRocker-Work> and for the people who are saying that the server will lose players
Mon 04:48::. <&VRocker-Work> from what ad has told me, that hasnt happened
Mon 04:48::. <&VRocker-Work> and it may lose the 5% of people who are moaning
Mon 04:48::. <&VRocker-Work> it's not like it'll lose the entire community
Mon 04:48::. <WiLs0n`> 37/100
Mon 04:48::. <WiLs0n`> atm

Admit that  :)

Offline Usmanulamin

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Most Friendly (2015)
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2015, 06:06:13 AM »

Edit: No more player loss, there are over 40 players in the server plenty of times.

Seems so.

Offline Azal

• Adult Fish
  • VC:MP name:[UF]BloodClaw SAMP name: Silent_Jack
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2015, 08:37:32 AM »

Edit: No more player loss, there are over 40 players in the server plenty of times.

Seems so.

Usmanulamin please tell me when the server got 40 players after framelimiter was forced to on?

http://postimg.org/image/btkfsq5zr/
 have a look at this it tells you the actual player count of LW and the player count of anther server with a bad script which has 60 fps enabled.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 08:41:29 AM by Azal »

Offline Usmanulamin

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Most Friendly (2015)
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2015, 10:41:41 AM »
@Azal, im looking at the player count since past 3-4 days, while i was in game, the count was 49, day before yesterday it was 45+ and yesterday it was around 40. (Pakistan Time 8:30pm +/-)

Offline Maddy`

• VC-MP Donator
  • ÃŒl Mìgìlòrè
  • Awards VC-MP Most Hated (2015)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Maddy
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2015, 04:25:06 PM »
Azal, I too was first uncomfortable with 30 FPS, but I got used to it. If LW's loses it's usual population, there is no problem, many GTA VC Players are alive, who are not aware of VCMP who will soon be aware of it, and obviously, they will start playing in servers which got some people, they will realize that LW's could be better as it got 30 FPS as they are used to GTA VC Which's got 30 FPS, and will stay here rather than go into other servers, unless we the members of LW's stop insulting people, like you do(PM-@Azal). If you crack jokes at them, they will be insulted and would leave LW's or the whole VCMP Community. If you still oppose, leave LW's there are other servers which have 60 FPS.

Regards'

Offline krystianoo1

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2015, 08:13:23 PM »
I suggest you let this topic die, since the developer has made it really clear that he is not planning on changing his decision so arguing over this is a waste of time.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 08:15:21 PM by krystianoo1 »

Offline Bryce

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Admin of the Year (2015)
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2015, 08:19:24 PM »
I suggest you let this topic die, since the developer has made it really clear that he is not planning on changing his decision so arguing over this is a waste of time.

Locked :)