Author Topic: Who were your trainers?  (Read 25234 times)

Offline [CoKe]CoLa

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • [DU], Unbeatable, Untouchable ahhhhhh!!!
    • Double-U
    • Awards
Who were your trainers?
« on: November 24, 2013, 04:24:19 AM »
So I was walking down the memory lane again, this time viewing the old topics at XE. I played a lot in XE after LW somehow died after 2008/09. I came across this topic where people were giving credits to people who trained them how to fight. So I thought why not try this topic over here at LW? You could also talk about training in areas other than just fighting. Could also be interesting if new types of fighting or techniques are revealed. So who are your trainers? I'll start!

The following is listed in no practical order:
  • Forrk taught me how to crouch glitch. (As in simply pressing crouch in between switching weapons and movement)
  • Javi/Forze taught me how to slide glitch. (The glitch where you slide while using weapons that you would normally have to use in a stationary position)
  • Hanney taught me how to do the silent shot.
  • Mattz/Strider2 indirectly taught me that running is better than jumping. (He was teaching Windlord, my bro, and I kinda eavesdropped)
  • Avenger taught me how to zoom in using the sniper, and also gave me something so that I can use it more easily.

I remember how I found out about the ghost shot all by myself, and I thought it was the biggest secret of all...then I found out that everyone knew about it already :< Same situation when I found out about ghost city when I accidentally found it at the love fist recording studio.

Any other fighting styles or shots I learned through experience, probably got taught by someone else possibly but I don't remember. I can confidently say that my discovery of the rocket glitch and numerous performance with it when 0.3zr2 came out was a pretty good feeling :D

Ah, this reminds me of that one time when the the "gall shot" was being investigated. Apparently he used to be accused of cheating since he jumped further than other people for some reason. But then charley and some other people did some lengthy investigation and revealed it to the public on how to do it.

Also, found out about the sniper ghost world glitch when I read about the VU vs ULK saga in VCCT 2 last year.

Anyway, post your memorable trainers guys.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:51:58 AM by [CoKe]CoLa »

>VC:MP Since 2007.
>Founder & Leader of DU (2008~).
>Admin @ XE (2009~2015), DU A/D (2010), SvM (2010~12), LW (2012~), WS (2012) and EA (2013).
>Admin for Events: ULK Open Challenge (2009~10), Vice City Duelling Championship (2009~10), XE Events (2010), XAD Clan League (2013) and LW Events (2013~).
>Racing Track Creating Rights @ Miami-Dade Racing Server (2009)
>Highest Spree: 90 (@LW) | Highest Score: 1100 Kills (@SvM), 341 Kills (@LW).

Offline The Milko

• VC-MP Retirees
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
    • Awards
Re: Who were your trainers?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 06:51:41 AM »
hhhh my history:

Before I even started deathmatching, Sorrow taught me fast switch, but I thought it was useless if I'm not a deathmatcher, so I forgot about it.
When I got bored of RPG, I started joining DM servers and met LaS3r (Deso), who re-taught me FS.

I sucked everywhere, because I confronted only lagging crotch (sorry Avek hhhh) glitchers, so I gave up and started glitching too.
And like that, I gained some skills, used M4 to finish knocked players hhhh

About a month and a half ago I stopped glitching and kept training.
Recently, I saw Nabdi ingame, joined him and we started hanging out. One evening, he started teaching me Ruger skills and he's still doing it.

So yeah, my trainers were Deso (for 1 hour), Sorrow (for 1 week) and Nabdi (since last week)

/edit: Besides deathmatching, Nabdi's also teaching me stunts, like standing on Skimmer without falling off, z0r cab stunts etc..
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 08:17:31 AM by [VU]Milko »

Offline [OMG]Best

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 08:02:38 AM »
No one because i never asked someone i trained my own self  8)

Offline King

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 09:49:59 AM »

Someone is sure proud of himself.

I learned FS by myself with pure honesty, since I've seen the better players do fast switch so I learned it out of curiosity, and along the way learned that running is totally better than jumping, although jumping can save you a lot of times.

[EAF]SpiralRock initially taught me slide and crouch glitch. He also taught me on how to deal with players despite my lag. He's is, if not, ONE OF THE BEST high-pinged fighters in VCMP. (His ping is like 200+, whereas mine is 320+ and it even gets higher sometimes hhhhh) [DnA]Avenger, [EAF]Klaus and Kessu were the guys who always told me "DON'T RAMBO" and taught me in playing defensively. They also taught me how to lead-aim properly.

These guys taught me and helped me in many ways, particularly in defeating low-pinged players with consideration to my high ping, and are even currently helping me in developing my abilities by sparring with them and fighting alongside them, and I honestly learned a lot from them:

[EAF] players Kessu, Klaus, Brian, Sorrow, SpiralRock
[DnA] players Avenger, Darfy, DareN, Bryce, Yaceq, Alphazor
[MK] players 1nSaN1aC, Brigadier, Halchter
[DU]Cola_z0r and [DnA]Abdi (back when we don't know each other much, I always try to murder them hhhh)
[VU]Veteran, Hanney, and even ULK.Ethan (way back before I was totally butthurt due to his exceptionally amazing skill even with a high ping), [MK]NewK and =TRC=morphine (these guys are among the best fighters in VCMP. I give so much respect to these guys.)
And indirectly, of course...THE RUSSIANS (in case you don't know: UJ1BU4, [OFF]Tom, Xyubam) who are totally insane and can possibly even make a 100+ spree WITHOUT LOSING HP>:(

See, the trainers who I consider were all the significant guys whom I fought, sparred and fought with along the way until I reached up to this point. There will be more of them, since there are so many good players in VCMP where I will continue to learn just by playing with them.

Thanks!

Offline koops

• Big Fish
  • MOO!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 11:11:19 PM »
[silence]dead pretty much the only person that showed me how to do stuff (probably why i suck) we were fighting 1 vs 1 and he started to show me how to do stuff and showed me around the map how to get up on certain roofs.

Offline E6GA

• Tiny Fish
  • DnA
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 09:01:32 AM »
As far as I can remember I learned everything myself, well maybe with Balda helped me a bit though. Thanks Dave.  :-*

Offline RoadWarrior

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 10:29:32 AM »
As far as I can remember I learned everything myself  :D

Offline mayhem

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »
hmm, I learned from myself and with a lil' help from my twin brother from another mother, jaykeeeng.

Offline Mr.Groundhog

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 02:56:42 PM »
I was trained by a guy called [SL]Santi^^ around 2011, I think he left vcmp  :( and now there is a guy who plays as [TpS]Santi^ ffs, ban him please  >:( >:( >:(

jk
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:03:53 PM by Juan17 »

Offline Detonator

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »
Probably the first guy who taught me how to FS was -hellboy_vkk
-SaHiL taught me how to lead-aim someone and some others techniques
-[VU_T]RiDeRs taught me some moves
-MK.Kelvin , I learned how to aim fine and some other things
-Indirecly russians,I watched some of their videos to see how they are aim-ing with the M60
-ducks,I've just met him 2 times in EA,he taught me a lot of things like the ghost shoot,some techniques with the jump and more things.
-foxtrot,trained with him a little ;d
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:50:59 PM by Detonator »

Credits: xGrandoIz

Offline Foxtrot

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 07:46:58 AM »

Someone is sure proud of himself.

I learned FS by myself

haha

Anyway, when we switched from 0.3z to r2 i was there and I taught myself how to fast switch (which i never consider hard to do). As i'm an old player I really think no one ever "trained" me literally. However, during the time I was given advice about different tactics from Charleyutton and morphine encouraged me to lead aim more as it can be very effective.

I remember Charley made a post in the xe forum explaining how the "gall shot" was done and when I finally managed to learn it I realized it was not that efficient and dropped it. During the time I have taught a lot of players how to fight including Juan (but he won't admit it) and some others.
   <~morphine>   nobody likes foxtrot
   <~morphine>   nobody understands his ethos
   <~morphine>   and nobody ever will

Offline [TP]robo

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 03:55:20 PM »
I was trained by Hotpocket , george,AndreX.. ,venkat ..   now i  know every thing..

Offline StraightFire

• Kiddy Fish
  • #Dave
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 05:02:48 PM »
I was trained by Zeaven,jaw And RoadWarrior

Offline Crossfire

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »
It's all blurred out, maybe the first Desis i found in vcmp trained me or i cope up to their style/way of playing.
And sliding was the last thing i got trained to, how i remember it:
Javi/Forze taught me how to slide glitch. (The glitch where you slide while using weapons that you would normally have to use in a stationary position)
I was there with you cola!

Offline [CoKe]CoLa

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • [DU], Unbeatable, Untouchable ahhhhhh!!!
    • Double-U
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 12:50:54 AM »
I don't recall your name unless you were using a different nick.

>VC:MP Since 2007.
>Founder & Leader of DU (2008~).
>Admin @ XE (2009~2015), DU A/D (2010), SvM (2010~12), LW (2012~), WS (2012) and EA (2013).
>Admin for Events: ULK Open Challenge (2009~10), Vice City Duelling Championship (2009~10), XE Events (2010), XAD Clan League (2013) and LW Events (2013~).
>Racing Track Creating Rights @ Miami-Dade Racing Server (2009)
>Highest Spree: 90 (@LW) | Highest Score: 1100 Kills (@SvM), 341 Kills (@LW).