Author Topic: Need help picking out a headset.  (Read 7257 times)

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
Need help picking out a headset.
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:41:47 PM »
Hey guys,

So here is the thing. I have used these Sennheiser CX250's for a long time. Probably had about 10 of these in the last 5 years. And im ready to get something different.
Im looking to spend roughly 50 to 100 euro (70 to 120 USD im guessing). 

Things i look for:
- 7.1 surround sound (virtual or true)
- Good bass and clear sound (i am a nazi when it comes to this because i love my music)
- Noise cancellation
- If it is fancy or anything it should match the rest of my gaming setup (which is black and red)
- Needs to go over my ears (dont like it when its on my ears partially)
- Since i would use it roughly 5 to 6 hours a day it should not give me warm sweaty ears because that will start to irritate me.

I hope someone can help me out because im not looking to waste money on crap. And ive got no idea about headphones at all.

Offline Tw1sT3r

• SA-MP Donator
  • [V]irus
    • Virus
    • Awards
Re: Need help picking out a headset.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:02:31 PM »
You mean a headset with mic? I got a logitech g430 a month ago and i'm very happy with it:

It's more for gaming than music, though. If you want it for music, then I have no ideas for you.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:05:11 PM by Tw1sT3r »

Offline S3rs

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:31:43 PM »

Gioteck EX-06 Wireless Gaming Headset
This seems to be pretty much what you're looking for. (bol.com)

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 11:04:27 AM »

Gioteck EX-06 Wireless Gaming Headset
This seems to be pretty much what you're looking for. (bol.com)

Doesnt have true or virtual 7.1 surround sound. And ive read some reviews which would not make me want to get it :(

Offline Fuse

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 02:56:10 PM »
heard sennheiser makes good stuff

Offline Quickplay

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Crazy Mind
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Quickplay
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 03:59:14 PM »
that's true, but he said he had sennheiser for 10 years and he wants to change xD

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 04:28:08 PM »
that's true, but he said he had sennheiser for 10 years and he wants to change xD

Thank you for pointing that out :P

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 04:45:19 PM »
Sennheiser is bullshit. Had 4 different sennheiser headphones (different models, ranging from 50€ to 150€). Every single one broke within the first year of usage. I am now using a Beydynamic DT 990, 600 Ohm. No microphone, but fuck it. Peripheral gaming "gear" is designed to break apart once the warranty runs out.

The DT 990 is working fine since 3 full years now. Was the first thing I bought from my very first salary.

If you love listing to proper music and if the quality of most of your music exceeds 192 kbits aaaaaand if you have a decent soundcard, then gaming gear is not the best way to go. If you can do without the attached microphone, buy something proper, for example AKG or Beyerdynamic.
BikeDriv:))))

Haha blwelrwelrt, I registered here earlier :P

Offline Faraday

• The Scranton Strangler
  • SA-MP Retirees
  • Super[M]unkey
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 05:45:11 PM »
I gotta agree with BikeDriver here. I personally don't think you'll find something good which have to feed all of your needs. I haven't come across good headphones that can purpose well for gaming AND music.

If you want 7.1 virtual or true surround for listening to music you're gonna have a bad time.

Offline Fuse

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 05:47:49 PM »
A proper 2.1 sound system + decent soundcard is another option that i'm currently using

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 06:38:28 PM »
I gotta agree with BikeDriver here. I personally don't think you'll find something good which have to feed all of your needs. I haven't come across good headphones that can purpose well for gaming AND music.

If you want 7.1 virtual or true surround for listening to music you're gonna have a bad time.

Yea i had a feeling about that. I can do without the microphone though.

Friends of mine and schoolmates suggested the Razer Kraken 7.1, but im not a big fan of all the Razer hype to be honest.

Ive also looked at the CM Storm Sirus 5.1, i have the soundcard capabilities for it on my MSI Z87-G45 gaming motherboard. It supports 7.1 HD audio or something.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:40:34 PM by [eVo]PvtBenny »

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 07:15:09 PM »
As faraday said, surround sound headphones do not work with music. It sounds like crap. Even the top-notch audiophile monster headphones (Beyerdynamic T1, 950€) are "normal" stereo headphones.

Maybe take a look at the Beyerdynamic MMX 300. Handmade in germany, 5 years warranty. But afaik only stereo too. Aaaaaaand 300€. It should be one of the best gaming headsets you can find.
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/gaming/mmx-300.html?SID=2054db5b559c8a9b32968e1d19765892&___store=en&___from_store=usa_en

There also is a fully customizable version:
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/gaming/mmx-300-manufaktur.html?___store=en&___from_store=de
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:20:15 PM by BikeDriver »

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 07:37:38 PM »
As faraday said, surround sound headphones do not work with music. It sounds like crap. Even the top-notch audiophile monster headphones (Beyerdynamic T1, 950€) are "normal" stereo headphones.

Maybe take a look at the Beyerdynamic MMX 300. Handmade in germany, 5 years warranty. But afaik only stereo too. Aaaaaaand 300€. It should be one of the best gaming headsets you can find.
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/gaming/mmx-300.html?SID=2054db5b559c8a9b32968e1d19765892&___store=en&___from_store=usa_en

There also is a fully customizable version:
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/gaming/mmx-300-manufaktur.html?___store=en&___from_store=de

Well i only have roughly 50 to 100 euro to spend. Perhaps 120 but thats the absolute maximum i wanne spend really.

Offline Faraday

• The Scranton Strangler
  • SA-MP Retirees
  • Super[M]unkey
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »
I hav Marshall headphones and they sound A-MA-ZING. Only downside is that they're on-ear headphones. Allrhough they are quite comfortable, after 5 hours it starts to hurt..

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 09:10:45 PM »
Hmm well Benny you know the deal.

If you buy a 120€ gaming headset then you will have to buy a new one in a year or so. But if you really want to risk it, then I can only recommend you to read some reviews/comparisons online as anybody here will only provide you his personal experience. Mine is: Sennheiser NONONO, Beydynamic OH YES. I have never personally experienced headphones made by another manufacturer but my Razer keyboard was shit (sent it back) and the logitech high end headset of one of my friends only brought him trouble. And he was to lazzy to send it back.

At least we agree on the matter that Sennheiser is worthless.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:12:25 PM by BikeDriver »