Author Topic: Battle for Hilltop - Anniversary Event [18th April - 6pm GMT+2]  (Read 13042 times)

Offline EnzoMortelli

The Battle For Hilltop - 60th Anniversary Event

On the 18th April 1955, after three days of brutal fights, the Great Royal Army defeated the Asirean Imperial Revolution Forces in the great Battle for Hilltop, at the Hilltop Farm in Red County, San Andreas. To honour the great efforts of our heroic soldiers 60 years ago, we will celebrate the
    60th Anniversary of the Battle for Hilltop on the 18th of April 2015, 6pm CEST,
    with a TDM event re-enacting the great Battle that repressed the enemies into the desert.

What: TDM event with classes, vehicles and authentic weapondry.   
    When: 18th April 2015, 6pm CEST (GMT+2), Timer
    Based on: Desert Warfare Event   More infos: Read on into the History section for more infos on the Battle for Hilltop

History
    • 11th December 1941 - Germany declares war on the United States of America.

• 8th November 1942 - Operation Torch - Britain and America land troops in North Africa.

• 14th - 26th January 1943 - Conference in Casablanca: Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill agree on joining their forces under administration of England.

• 1st November 1943 - Conference in Cairo: the chinese head of state Chiang Kai-shek, Joseph Stalin and Franklin D. Roosevelt agreed on having Corea being governed by the republic of China after the defeat of Japan.

• 12th April 1945 - Franklin D. Roosevelt dies. Winston Churchill asserts that the United States are further governed by the British Crown.

• 8th May 1945 - The war in Europe ends with victory for the allied forces.

• 17th July 1945 - Conference in Potsdam: Churchill unites Great Britain and the USA under british aministration into the Great Kingdom of Briterica.

• 2nd September 1945 - Japan surrenders, marking the end of the second world war. Corea is alleged under chinese government.

• 18th August 1947 - After a coup d'etat in China, corean administrative Kim Il-Sung takes over the government and unites China and Corea into the Great Imperium of Chosun, expanding into Mongolia and taking over Japan.

• December 1947 - The Imperium of Chosun falls into Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and the surrounding countries, expanding further south.

• 1948 - The Kingdom of Briterica expands it's north-african colonies, and lays claim on Antarctica. Canada allies with Briterica but insists to stay sovereign.

• 1949 - The Imperium of Chosun falls into Siberia and, with the russian troops unable to hold them off, takes over great parts of it. Alasca in fear of the western aggressor, seeks help by the Briterican Kingdom and assigns under briterican jurisdiction.

• 17th January 1950 - Kim Il-Sung transforms the Great Imperium of Chosun into the Great Asirean Empire under Coreas goverment.

• 1952 - The Asirean forces, known as the Imperial Revolution Force, take over Indonesia and near island states, effectively holding all of east and south-east Asia outside the Indian borders.

• 23th January 1953 - Kim Il-Sung declares war on Australia. The Kingdom of Briterica sends forces for support.

• 14th August 1954 - Sydney falls into the hands of Asirean forces, Australia becomes a part of the Asirean Empire. The Great Royal Army of Briterica supports the Canadian forces in securing the Bering Sea, liberating a small part of the asian side.

• 12th January 1955 - Unannounced, without a war declaration, the IRF invades San Fierro with a bomber squad of unprecedented strength, destroying a major part of the Briterican naval fleet in just a few hours. King of Briterica Dwight D. Eisenhower describes the attack as a 'second Pearl Harbor'.
    • 14th January 1955 - After just two days, the Briterican forces are forced to retreat from San Fierro, holding the IRF on the outskirts of the city.

• February 1955 - Despite all the efforts of the Great Royal Army, the IRF advances into Whetstone and into Back o' Beyond.

• March 1955 - The Flint Range falls, the Great Royal Army concentrates their forces in Los Santos while the IRF moves into Red County quickly. Blueberry falls within one day.

• 15th April 1955 - Both Armies move into a big offensive around the strategically important Hilltop Farm north of Los Santos.

• 18th April 1955 - After three days, the GRA manages to score their first victory against the IRF on the fields of the Hilltop Farm.

In the following two years, the Great Royal Army was able to force the Asirean forces to retreat back into San Fierro. After reorganizing, the IRF started another advance into the desert onto Las Venturas. In 1967, the Great Royal Army was once again able to stop their campaign at the gates of Fort Carson under the leadership of King James Harold Wilson of Rievaulx. After that, the fights for the desert raged on until present day.

There will be three weapon classes:

Assault: Country Rifle150, Colt 9mm150, Grenades3, Shovel
    Sniper: Sniper Rifle100, Silenced 9mm150, Shovel
    Engineer: AK 471000, Shotgun100, RPG1, Shovel

Teams and classes will be assigned randomly. Explicit wishes may be taken in account, but not guaranteed.

In addition, there will be tanks, boats, trucks and rustlers for each team. The entire Hilltop area between the two team bases, the river connecting Fisher's Lagoon and Flint Waters and the county road to the south will be the battleground, which should not be left. Deserters will be disqualified.

Map: (click for large view)

The event runs as TDM with respawns for an entire of three SA-MP days (72 minutes). After that, the spawns will be removed and the event ends as a LMS (last man standing). The team with the highest overall kill score after 72 minutes wins, teamkills will not be tolerated and deduct -3 kills as a penalty from team's total kill count. Teamkillers in excess will be disqualified. The last man standing wins +10 kills for his team in addition.

Battle for Hilltop anniversary event, 18th April 2015, 6pm CEST (GMT+2)
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:48:02 AM by EnzoMortelli »

Offline Naoufal

Re: Battle for Hilltop - Anniversary Event
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 09:37:26 PM »
    Nice, i hope i could join then!

Offline Quickplay

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Crazy Mind
      • Awards
    • SA-MP: Quickplay
    Re: Battle for Hilltop - Anniversary Event [18th April - 6pm GMT+2]
    « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 10:06:59 PM »
    Wow nice job there!
    You amaze me everytime you open these well structured topics full of details, Enzo  :D

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
      • Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 10:10:19 PM »
    I'm damn impressed with your history knowledge! xD Jokes aside,you did a very good job there m8,really,i must high 5 you! ;)
    I really hope i will be able to join R's anniversary. ;)

So,it's 5pm for me,since Serbia's timezone is GMT+1.Also,why did you say GMT+2 when Germany is in the same timezone as Serbia?

Edited in the last post(down below).
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:24:54 AM by [Stralez] »

zahanboss99

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 10:10:35 PM »
    Nice man, any help as to what time it'll be in the UK? I find this GMT shit confusing

Offline Quickplay

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Crazy Mind
      • Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 10:19:43 PM »
    Nice man, any help as to what time it'll be in the UK? I find this GMT shit confusing
    UK has the "prime meridian" (Greenwich) which is set to 0, so your GMT is 0 (this means you should subtract 2 hours)

Anyway if i'm right, the cool thing of that site linked by Enzo, is that it automatically calculates how much time is left to the event for your own timezone, without the need to calculate the gmt on your own. (searching for any confirmation or denial here)

^ BS
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:20:11 AM by Quickplay »

zahanboss99

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 11:17:54 PM »
    UK has the "prime meridian" (Greenwich) which is set to 0, so your GMT is 0 (this means you should subtract 2 hours)

Anyway if i'm right, the cool thing of that site linked by Enzo, is that it automatically calculates how much time is left to the event for your own timezone, without the need to calculate the gmt on your own. (searching for any confirmation or denial here)

Offline EnzoMortelli

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 12:11:25 AM »
    nah Quickplay. What i linked is a countdown, counting the time left until that event happens, and the event happens everywhere in the whole universe at exact the same spot in time thus the countdown is timezone independent, just the time of day it is happening in is different in each time zone due to earth's rotation and the fact that earth is round[citation needed].

@Stralez. Germany has DST (daylight savings time) right now, that's why it's GMT+2 resp. CEST (Central European Summer Time).
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:13:49 AM by EnzoMortelli »

Offline Quickplay

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Crazy Mind
      • Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 12:19:21 AM »
    nah Quickplay. What i linked is a countdown, counting the time left until that event happens, and the event happens everywhere in the whole universe at exact the same spot in time thus the countdown is timezone independent, just the time of day it is happening in is different in each time zone due to earth's rotation and the fact that earth is round[citation needed].

@Stralez. Germany has DST (daylight savings time) right now, that's why it's GMT+2 resp. CEST (Central European Summer Time).
    Oh right, then nevermind what i said about the "automatic time" shit, Saul  :-X
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:22:03 AM by Quickplay »

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
      • Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 12:23:52 AM »
    Oh right,i totally forgot,we're now calculating time as the summer time.Moved the counting/calculating about 3 weeks ago.Thanks for reminding me of that.
    So,it's 5pm for me,since Serbia's timezone is GMT+1.Also,why did you say GMT+2 when Germany is in the same timezone as Serbia?
    Incorrect post,don't mind it.Thank you once again!

Offline MartinZ

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Raisin a sexy beast is hard, my parents would know
      • FB
      • Awards
    • SA-MP: [nL]MartinZ
    « Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 12:47:44 AM »
    Epic, will try to make it!

Offline L0kw

• SA-MP Donator
    • History Is Written From Survivors!
      • Awards

Offline SKY

• Quad Buddy
    • SA-MP Retirees
    • GrandDaddy Bikerr, LETS GET IT LETS GO!
      • Awards
    « Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 05:43:26 AM »
    As a member of the quadbuddy organization I will try to come!
    Since 2008
    If you are not part of the quadbuddy association than we can not be friends.

Offline Aryan

• Management
      • Awards
    • SA-MP: [V]Aryan
    • VC-MP: [V]Aryan
    • PAC ID: 11434
    « Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 08:41:52 AM »
    I'll be there.

Offline Puranjay

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 08:53:40 AM »