Author Topic: Widescreen for VCMP  (Read 4021 times)

Offline antY_ARMY

• Adult Fish
  • Control your hate mate
    • Awards
Widescreen for VCMP
« on: January 19, 2016, 09:16:07 PM »
So I've downloaded today this widescreen fix for vice city and the game looks fantastic, I don't know why i never thought of this before (check link below)
 redacted (mods remove the link if its harmfull to in-game mechs)

As I am no professional in modding or understanding in-game/script mechanics I'm wondering if this file is actually changing something in-game like the hit box or so.
I've heard that the Widescreen option in-game actually dsyncs your hit box and gives you some advantage but this file doesn't do the same, it simply corrects how the game is actually visualized in your screen depending on your resolution. Its no .asi file and I don't think its modifying something in-game.

I've tested in-game for a few minutes shooting people running or standing and everything seems correct, but once again I am no pro in the subject and id like to see if this allowed before i use it at all.

The widescreen option is still OFF ingame, btw.

Cheers.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:21:50 PM by Darfy »

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
Re: Widescreen for VCMP
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 09:46:03 PM »
from what I can tell, it IS an asi. asis don't work on VC-MP anymore, and haven't worked for quite the while now.

anyway this looks like the much-dramatized FOV mod, and so I'll be cutting out the link to it for the time being.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:48:57 PM by morphine »

Offline antY_ARMY

• Adult Fish
  • Control your hate mate
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:05:14 PM »
as a matter of fact I tested it and its working pretty well on vc-mp thats why i am saying its no .asi file.
Probably its is somewhat the FOV mod as it is noticeable you have a tunel vision while riding bikes and cars.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:32:53 PM by antY_ARMY »

Offline Darfy

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 10:10:44 PM »
There are plenty of versions by different authors out there. Some versions have been proved working correctly (meaning the hitboxes dont go off) but not on everyone's machine. Strangely they seem to behave differently on different people. This is why WS fixes won't be allowed right now, until deeper research.

Offline stormeus

• VC-MP Donator
  • VC:MP Developer
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 10:16:37 PM »
I've heard that the Widescreen option in-game actually dsyncs your hit box and gives you some advantage but this file doesn't do the same, it simply corrects how the game is actually visualized in your screen depending on your resolution.

If it alters your FOV it will very likely alter your hitbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdvutNK-nQ

Offline antY_ARMY

• Adult Fish
  • Control your hate mate
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 10:28:22 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdvutNK-nQ

ah it is pretty much understandable now, i wasnt aware of this or atleast it wasnt what I pictured in my head.
Ill take it out than  8)

Thanks for the info

Offline Foxtrot

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 10:29:47 PM »
lol you're still alive
   <~morphine>   nobody likes foxtrot
   <~morphine>   nobody understands his ethos
   <~morphine>   and nobody ever will