Author Topic: Make LW Great!  (Read 3946 times)

Offline SuriAttacker

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • Wut?
  • Awards VC-MP Most Improved (2017)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [Ka]SuriAttacker
  • VC-MP: [Ka]SuriAttacker
Make LW Great!
« on: December 15, 2016, 04:07:33 AM »
Hey there, first of all, I'd like to thank you guys 'cause you all make LW's so great! By the way, I'm not very new to the community since I've been playing about 10 months and I can tell you that I've gained alot of experience within the 10 months(Of course with help from others). These last days I have noticed that LW's is becoming dead and I'm not sure what the reason(s) could be, although I think that this is happening because of less events, server updates and name it all... 
And yeah, I also want to make a point about the admins. Most of them are very in-active.. only a few of them are active in-game like P4t, Valak and Haltcher. And so far I know, p4t is the only one doing events and he is very active and so far for me he is the best admin. Not because he is doing only events, but he is also a nice and helpful player and he also behaves very good. *Please Read this* I'm not saying that the others are bad or that I'm against them, but I want to see more from them. From my side I can say that all the other admins don't really care about making lw great.. they do only care about kicking and banning players who are breaking the rules. In one of the threads [CoKe]CoLa stated that "Admins are not OBLIGATED to run events." I really respect this, I also understand that the admins are humans, by this I mean that everyone has a busy personal life(education, work etc..). And now I want to make a request as a member and donator to the management team to do something about this by releasing new features and also by giving the admins the spirit to do events. I will not only rely on the staff by making LW's active, but I will also try my best to invite my friends and others in here.
I offer my apology if I gone too far, but these are my opinions and suggestions and I really don't have to be right, so it depends on you if you want listen or not.  ;)

Thank you very much for your time in view of this thread.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:04:23 AM by Nilkanth »

Offline P4P4

• VC-MP Donator
  • txeT lanosreP
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: P4P4
Re: Make LW Great!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:28:21 AM »
Agree  :)

Offline Azal

• Adult Fish
  • VC:MP name:[UF]BloodClaw SAMP name: Silent_Jack
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 05:48:18 AM »
You see Suri its not in hands of admins  to make LW great the only people who have this right is the devolopers, back in the day LW was great (2 years ago). There were weapon pickups no forced 30 Fps the ownership of your favorite car was a challenge thus it gave players a reason to play more and accomplish their goals in-game for instance buying your favorite car in your favorite color. unfortunately all of that has changed to top it all C-glitch with m4 is not allowed anymore which makes m4 fights feel quite odd. in short if you want to make LW's great again you don't need events for that you need to keep the game a bit hard which used to be the case in 0.3z, but if i may suggest you can organize your own events at http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/board,101.0.html i hope my post helped  :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 08:46:41 AM by Azal »

Offline Maddy`

• VC-MP Donator
  • ÃŒl Mìgìlòrè
  • Awards VC-MP Most Hated (2015)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Maddy
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 06:11:08 AM »
You see Suri its not in hands of admins  to make LW great the only people who have this right is the devolopers, back in the day LW was great (2 years ago). There were weapon pickups no forced 30 Fps the ownership of your favorite car was a challenge thus i gave players a reason to play more and accomplish their goals in-game for instance buying your favorite car in your favorite color. unfortunately all of that has changed to top it all C-glitch with m4 is not allowed anymore which makes m4 fights feel quite odd. in short if you want to make LW's great again you don't need events for that you need to keep the game a bit hard which used to be the case in 0.3z, but if i may suggest you can organize your own events at http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/board,101.0.html i hope my post helped  :)

I totally agree with everything you said except the red quoted words, why? Because events keeps the fun alive in any server you may visit. Newbs will try and fit in with everyone. But yeah, only hosting events won't make LW great again.
I was inactive for a few months due to activities and mock-tests given to us in our school, but now I've freed up my schedule, I got back to  VC-MP for the past few weeks, and what I noticed is that the count of admins being active in the server has dropped, there are no new updates, developers are either busy with their own life or they are just tired to maintain the status/activity of the server, some admins as Suri has mentioned above like pat and Niky are the only two admins I see being active in the server and are actually trying to keep the game fun.

When I got in VC-MP in 2011, LW's was the first server I played in, the gameplay used to be so much fun with constant events and admins being active every single day, but as time went on, everything changed. The devs gave up(as tho it seems to us), the management is doing a pretty good job(as for now), I really hope that LW's gets back on its feet. The solution imo is to either promote the current active players or to either as Suri mentioned above, release features which would get players to have fun.

EDIT: Is there going to be the awards thing which we had almost for a few years now?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 06:14:11 AM by Maddy` »

Offline Azal

• Adult Fish
  • VC:MP name:[UF]BloodClaw SAMP name: Silent_Jack
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 08:57:13 AM »
events are a great thing but having 1 event everday in my opinion would imbalance the server economy, i think we should just restore LW to its former self. i also forgot to mention the 100k transfer limit which seems useless but may have some purpose. my opinion is to offer what the other server do especially features which were the backbone of LW's i.e ; 60 fps forsale cars and many more. if we just implement these actions there won't be a need for events.

Offline SuriAttacker

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • Wut?
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 09:31:56 AM »
You see Suri its not in hands of admins  to make LW great the only people who have this right is the devolopers

I totally agree with everything you said except the red quoted words, why? Because events keeps the fun alive in any server you may visit. Newbs will try and fit in with everyone. But yeah, only hosting events won't make LW great again.
I really hope that LW's gets back on its feet. The solution imo is to either promote the current active players or to either as Suri mentioned above, release features which would get players to have fun.

events are a great thing but having 1 event everday in my opinion would imbalance the server economy.

I agree with you guys.

Is there going to be the awards thing which we had almost for a few years now?
::) ^
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:42:10 AM by Nilkanth »

Offline krystianoo1

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 11:32:35 AM »
well, 10 months is not enough to give an opinion

the script is the same since the server's revival with minor updates and some changes during the transition to 0.4 but it remains the same

the playercount has had it's ups and downs but people have played on the server, are playing on the server and will play on the server. inevitably

and who cares about the economy? it's already imbalanced and people have millions so it's not really a problem

Offline Halchter

• Management
  • Awards VC-MP Best Driver (2020)
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 11:58:53 AM »
I'm not well aware of players' count and its reduction but to me seems pretty decent. Those events didn't even exist back in the days or at least not in the same amount, excluding the events which were announced on forums and the base of players has always been good, my point is that events don't stay behind it. It's players becoming more and more thirsty for it, I'm sorry but at some point, the server's gm resembled a minigames one instead of pure tdm. I apologise for not hosting events but I currently have neither the patience nor the motivation.

It sounds a bit ungrateful, whether we care or not, it's not even relevant to our actions against the one who break rules. As long as we do it, there's impact on the server. It sounds like banning players is considerably less impactful than hosting events, which is completely wrong.

PS: I couldn't complete my reply on time, most likely it will be repetitive with someone else's.

Offline SuriAttacker

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • Wut?
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 12:04:34 PM »
Tho, I do not blame the players, I blame the people who started doing excessive ammount of events per day which led to people thinking that an event should be hosted every single minute of our playtime on the servers.
Well, for me you're very discourteous by writing this sentence.

Wouldn't it be better if there were less events (like 2-3 per week) but with bigger prizes that exceed 1mil depending on event? That would bring more rivarly, that would give you guys something to play for. After all,quality over quanity was always more prestige.
2-3 events per week is a good idea, but "with bigger prizes that exceed 1mil", no way!

well, 10 months is not enough to give an opinion
At least I'm free to express my opinion.

It sounds a bit ungrateful, whether we care or not, it's not even relevant to our actions against the one who break rules. As long as we do it, there's impact on the server. It sounds like banning players is considerably less impactful than hosting events, which is completely wrong.
Well it depends on how you have comprehended my topic, maybe I am not clear enough, anyway I won't go any further into this.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:29:20 PM by Nilkanth »

Offline krystianoo1

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 02:08:40 PM »
having these prizes won't affect anything honestly.

exactly - the only thing that higher prize can affect is the amount of participants, which will be higher

of course, but it's not really that much worth when you don't know the history of this server and that low playercount happened, but it always went back up

it's just the time of the year that's affecting it

Offline SuriAttacker

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • Wut?
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 02:31:53 PM »
Sorry but, can you explain how am I discourteous? I could've said the same for the people who were constantly asking for events, they do not care about other players (in this case, us admins), they just ask for events constantly because thanks to an retired individual players now think we are obligated to organise events daily where it clearly said we aren't in CoLa's topic (the one you mentioned in the opening post). I completely agree with my colleague Halchter, people became greedy and thirsty for events ever since and that is one of the reasons most of us admins don't practice the need to host events.
Admins are not OBLIGATED to run events. Please check his topic again.
Admins are admins.

No matter how much events you made and no matter how much you help people, once you stop hosting events people call you out as a bad admin. Well sorry, being an admin doesn't require us to host them.
Please see this ->
*Please Read this* I'm not saying that the others are bad or that I'm against them, but I want to see more from them.

Come on man, it seems like you are starting to dislike me. I don't know why you guys take this so serious. I don't have to be always right.
I also agree with you guys about the events. It would be better if I had not metioned the admins names, because right now I feel evil and fire in some of you. I don't really want to discuss about events anymore, 'cause I don't think that I may I have a chance to win the discussion about events. Right now you have alot of experience as an admin and I do respect that, and you can beat me anytime if I'm willing to talk about events(what is happening now), that's your strong point.

of course, but it's not really that much worth when you don't know the history of this server and that low playercount happened, but it always went back up

it's just the time of the year that's affecting it

Well, I may not know the history of this server, but there are some really old players that told me that LW's was a great server with alot of active members and staff. Not only 1 person told me but a large number of old players told me or just in the general chat. Have you ever thought why I've created this topic? I did not create this topic by myself, but with help(information) from others, because I also want that their opinion(s)
counts too.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:51:47 PM by Nilkanth »

Offline SuriAttacker

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • Wut?
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 12:33:22 AM »
*Update Today I saw 3 admins active since I posted this topic and I'm very proud of them.
One of them did an event  ;D
I want you guys to be more active, by this I mean not to host events but at least stay active in-game  ;)
I'm very thankful to Tarkan, because he hosted an event even though he had ping problems again and again, still he didn't give up and everything ended well.
Keep it up guys!   :-*
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:51:46 AM by Nilkanth »

Offline Casper.

• Fish 'n' Chips
  • Dark Fighters
    • DF Clan - Dark Fighters
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [DF]Casper
  • PAC ID: 42662

Offline Fi77_H0LD3R

• Kiddy Fish
  • Maybe everyone deserves to get a chance....
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Fi77
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 05:47:31 PM »