Author Topic: New suggestion for the events rules.  (Read 9034 times)

Offline EnzoMortelli

Re: New suggestion for the events rules.
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2017, 08:24:52 AM »
You can't effectively avert race ruining. If someone reported a race ruiner afterwards, what would be the point even? Once the report is handled the racer is long destroyed/dead. There's nothing in it for the participants except maybe satisfaction, but they still got wasted. In an local event you can often spot a disturbance and take measures to stop it before it even happens, in races you don't have a chance on doing so.

Offline Ratchet

• VC-MP Retirees
  • "Enlightened Benevolence" - Emperor Showa
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2017, 02:30:56 PM »
I think i agree with this rule. But we should have the options to have a protected or normal event. The main reason why i rarely do events is that i don't like to pick up the stress that comes with setting up one.

Offline realdogge

• VC-MP Donator
  • Most Online Ever: 420 (January 14, 2011, 05:37:58)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: realdogge
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2017, 03:08:36 PM »
You can't effectively avert race ruining. If someone reported a race ruiner afterwards, what would be the point even? Once the report is handled the racer is long destroyed/dead. There's nothing in it for the participants except maybe satisfaction, but they still got wasted. In an local event you can often spot a disturbance and take measures to stop it before it even happens, in races you don't have a chance on doing so.
the point is that with time people will stop doing that, i mean killing racers, they will think twice before doing that, because otherwise they would be banned for 1 week for example :) it is not worth to kill 1 or 2 racers and be banned afterwards.

I think i agree with this rule. But we should have the options to have a protected or normal event. The main reason why i rarely do events is that i don't like to pick up the stress that comes with setting up one.
i agree with that, thx for ur opinion
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:52:15 PM by realdogge »

Offline Maddy`

• VC-MP Donator
  • ÃŒl Mìgìlòrè
  • Awards VC-MP Most Hated (2015)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Maddy
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 04:24:15 PM »
The scripters are probably not even aware of the suggestions that we have been posting, imo, it's completely useless for us to create topics like this just because it's all a moo point.
Putting this matter aside, LW's a TDM server, players have the right to kill anyone. Suggestions like this have been asked for earlier and none of those have been accepted, and it's not going to be any time soon, face it, it's the real ugly truth(took 10 minutes to type this in my phone lel)

Offline realdogge

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 04:42:06 PM »
The scripters are probably not even aware of the suggestions that we have been posting, imo, it's completely useless for us to create topics like this just because it's all a moo point.
Putting this matter aside, LW's a TDM server, players have the right to kill anyone. Suggestions like this have been asked for earlier and none of those have been accepted, and it's not going to be any time soon, face it, it's the real ugly truth(took 10 minutes to type this in my phone lel)
so, in other words, i can ruin any event  and not be banned for that?

Offline Maddy`

• VC-MP Donator
  • ÃŒl Mìgìlòrè
  • Awards VC-MP Most Hated (2015)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Maddy
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 05:33:08 PM »

Admins take care of retards who ruin events, by either kicking drowning or banning them in the worst situation,
so, in other words,

don't.ruin.events.

Offline realdogge

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »

Admins take care of retards who ruin events, by either kicking drowning or banning them in the worst situation,
so, in other words,

don't.ruin.events.
man, u are losing the point of this topic :D
nothing happend when i got killed during an event cause p4t said he has no rights to do smth about the ruiner.
so, u say admins take care of retards who ruin, and on the other hand nothing was done about  it.
this is completely ridiculous already
try to put  yourself in my position, i get killed during a race on purpose and nothing happens, but when i say i will kill racers you say don't ruin events.
so why not make a rule out of it?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:19:07 PM by realdogge »

Offline Tarkan

• Adult Fish
  • Hello to you, my sweet young friends...
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 07:04:59 PM »
the point is that with time people will stop doing that, i mean killing racers, they will think twice before doing that, because otherwise they would be banned for 1 week for example :) it is not worth to kill 1 or 2 racers and be banned afterwards.

They won't. You've got numerous rules which were there since the server was made and people still break them regardless if they're small or big.

You simply can not ban deathmatching on a server based on a deathmatching gamemode.
Playing GTA Multiplayer games since 2008. Administrating littlewhitey's VC-MP server only.

Offline realdogge

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 07:24:39 PM »

They won't. You've got numerous rules which were there since the server was made and people still break them regardless if they're small or big.

You simply can not ban deathmatching on a server based on a deathmatching gamemode.
we are running in circles... then i can kill people who participate in events?

i'll give u a simple example. I was killed in a race by [DX]Adamka, i know he plays on LW a lot and this is his favorite server, if he gets banned at least once for ruining a race, he won't do it
 ever again, u know what i am saying?and if every ruiner gets banned for 1 week, he will think twice before ruining again.
events are being done for fun, and if any participant gets killed on purpose by somebody else who don't participate it is no fun anymore for a participant,  whereas a ruiner had his fun .
u say don't ruin events but at the same time do nothing about it.   is it just a request or an order?  if it is a request, i politely refuse. if this is an order, then there  must be some kind of an aftermath  if i refuse too. kick? alright, i'll rejoin and ruin again. drown ? i'll spawn again and will try to ruin again. ban?  cool, this is what i want exactly.`

Offline realdogge

• VC-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 07:42:09 PM »
never  mind, u can lock the topic, i see only a few care  about making the server more comfortable and fair place when it comes to events. keep that chaos going.

p4t game me a solution for events hosted by him and since i participate mostly in p4t's events i don't ned anything else.

peacing out 8)

Offline Tarkan

• Adult Fish
  • Hello to you, my sweet young friends...
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 12:27:54 AM »
Glad that there was an agreement (sort of).

Locked per request of the topic creator.
Playing GTA Multiplayer games since 2008. Administrating littlewhitey's VC-MP server only.

Offline SuriAttacker

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • Wut?
  • Awards VC-MP Most Improved (2017)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [Ka]SuriAttacker
  • VC-MP: [Ka]SuriAttacker
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 01:09:39 AM »
Sorry for unlocking the topic and give out my thoughts. It took some time to type this all, after some hours I realised the topic got locked... so it was kinda annoying that I wasted my time for this..  :-[

Such types of topics are very difficult for me to give an opinion about, that's why you won't see me reply to such topics so easily. Besides Realdogge suggestion and opinion I like the way the community responded to this topic by giving their own opinion whether the suggestion is good or not good and by explaining why it's needed or not needed. In fact, there are of course advantages and disadvantages. To be honest I would have suggested something like this before, but after playing a little longer in the server I came to know that Littlewhitey's is just a TDM(Team Deathmatch) server. Better said, events like races, derby, dodge the hydra(s) and so you can notice all sorts of events are just a staff own spare time hosting events as a hobby, therefore the staff is not required to do events. Some already stated that players only come for events and nothing else and I strongly agree with those who stated it, because this is clearly noticeable when they are spamming staff members to do an event. I know it's fun to have events, because you can challenge your friends besides TDM in something else and of course players are enjoying it and it kinda holds the community together,(some only want events to win easy money lol). However this is a TDM server and because of this there won't be done much about it, I almost want to say that nothing is going to happen, but who knows... so probably it will be the same like it has always been.

Above I have just spoken in general, so it's for everyone out there.
Now Realdogge, what I've heard is that you had some problems in events lately, because of some players who are trying to ruin things for you during the events. Myself didn't see it, but I believe you because our friendship is so far that we believe each other, and for me you're not someone who says things that are useless what most of us are doing nowadays. It's kinda annoying when a player is provoking you especially in events where you are concentrated, and sadly we can't do much about it when the race has started, because we don't have control over the whole map. Even if we announce that racers shouldn't be shooted during the event, and still they get shooted and we can't take any action towards them, because it's a Team DeathMatch server and also it's hard to catch those because of the player counts and let me tell you it isn't that easy as many of you think, so it's kinda useless to announce that racers shouldn't be shooted, because I'm 90% sure that they will ignore it anyway. The only thing I can do is give a warning to the player(s) who is/are trying to ruin it for you. You can always send me a pm or a staff member and tell them the id of the player that wants to ruin things for you, so that we can issue a warning. Maybe that will help, but it depends whether the player wants to listen or not. To be honest, I think your idea is very good, but yeah lw's will keep their main game mode and I also like the way it is.

For those who are saying that devs are in-active I just want to tell them not to give up their hopes yet. Have a look at VC:MP Devs, how many months were they in-active?
Adtec told me that one day he will write a new Gamemode, but he isn't sure when so don't give up your hopes yet and let's stay positive. :)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:51:07 PM by SuriAttacker »