Author Topic: littlewhitey's new sa-mp mini mission server!  (Read 13524 times)

Offline Habdel

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • SA-MP Developer
    • Awards
littlewhitey's new sa-mp mini mission server!
« on: October 19, 2017, 05:50:36 PM »
Hey guys, we now have a mini mission type server for SA-MP!

This is a project I have been working on for almost 2 years now. I am hoping to bring some of you back to SA-MP to revive the community.
The server is very different from littlewhitey's original server. It works with a map/minigame rotation system, basically the game type changes every X minutes. There are lots of different types of minigames; DM/TDM/RACING/BASEJUMPS/PARKOURS/SURVIVAL/COP CHASE/CAPTURE THE FLAG.

Completing each minigame will give you exp which you will use to level-up, levels will unlock you commands.

Soo far the server has 33 minigames, you can check all the map names with /maplist [1-2]
There is also a command to vote for a map but it is only unlocked at level 11.

Here is the IP: 185.198.57.86:7777

If you find any bugs, please PM me the information. I will try to fix them as fast as possible.

Screens:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:48:40 AM by Aryan »

Offline Freak

Re: Littlewhitey's new sa-mp mini mission server!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 07:55:09 PM »
Seems interesting, gotta try it out!
so I have been surprised :( i slap my brother and i make the ban appeal :(

Offline Casper.

• Fish 'n' Chips
  • Dark Fighters
    • DF Clan - Dark Fighters
    • Awards
  • VC-MP: [DF]Casper
  • PAC ID: 42662
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:28:20 PM »

Offline Renii

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:49:41 PM »
You should :D its a nice server

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 10:44:18 PM »
It's an awesome place, fantastic work. Make sure you guys join and check it out asap, you won't regret. :)

Offline Hunters

• Adult Fish
  • Fover A King
    • http://Kingz-clan.gq/forum
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 03:36:08 AM »
Nice work Habdel  8)

Offline rockhardy

• Golden Dalla
  • SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: rockhardy
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 08:22:28 AM »
Tried out the server couple of days ago. It looks very promising.

Offline [JOKER]Zaibatsu

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 09:13:31 AM »

This is a project I have been working on for almost 2 years now. I am hoping to bring some of you back to SA-MP to revive the community.
The server is very different from littlewhitey's original server. It works with a map/minigame rotation system, basically the game type changes every X minutes. There are lots of different types of minigames; DM/TDM/RACING/BASEJUMPS/PARKOURS/SURVIVAL/COP CHASE/CAPTURE THE FLAG.

Completing each minigame will give you exp which you will use to level-up, levels will unlock you commands.

Soo far the server has 33 minigames, you can check all the map names with /maplist [1-2]

Nothing against you personally, but...
Despite the low playercount on lw's server, you launch your own personal project, put the name "littlewhiteys" in it to make it look not as advertising your own server and invite ppl to play there instead of original lw's server. Meh

Offline Habdel

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • SA-MP Developer
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 10:13:19 AM »

Despite the low playercount on lw's server, you launch your own personal project, put the name "littlewhiteys" in it to make it look not as advertising your own server and invite ppl to play there instead of original lw's server. Meh

This "mini-mission second server thing" was already suggested long ago and I've said it many times; the current gamemode of LW deathmatch/racing/freeroam is not as attractive as it was years ago and this is why we have a low playercount. I've been working on alot of stuff for LW main server but none of them worked out. The only solution to that would be making a completely new type of server to hopefully bring back some regulars to "rebuild" the community.

This is of course a "personal project" because there is nobody with enough free time to work with. I've been trying to revive the server since years and years but in the end you just have to face it, the gamemode is not as enjoyable as it was back in 2008-2009 and that can only be changed with major changes in the gamemode. I could have modified the whole gamemode until it looked nothing like the classic LW and people would still have complained, this is why I made that second server: to avoid angering anyone.

Now, I'm not forcing you to play on there. Soo far all I've seen from you is criticizing all decision or projects the developers have been working on for any reason you are able to find which makes me wonder what your intentions are.

Offline [JOKER]Zaibatsu

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 11:12:15 AM »

This "mini-mission second server thing" was already suggested long ago and I've said it many times; the current gamemode of LW deathmatch/racing/freeroam is not as attractive as it was years ago and this is why we have a low playercount. I've been working on alot of stuff for LW main server but none of them worked out. The only solution to that would be making a completely new type of server to hopefully bring back some regulars to "rebuild" the community.

How is "create a new server" and "bring back some regulars" connected? Bring them back where? To LW? How is a new server making them join lw?

This is of course a "personal project" because there is nobody with enough free time to work with. I've been trying to revive the server since years and years but in the end you just have to face it, the gamemode is not as enjoyable as it was back in 2008-2009 and that can only be changed with major changes in the gamemode. I could have modified the whole gamemode until it looked nothing like the classic LW and people would still have complained, this is why I made that second server: to avoid angering anyone.

thats my point, this is totally different server and nothing related to LW (except the fact that u as a lw admin created it and put the name lw in it). That's why I'm considering it as advertising other server.

Imagine if I created my own server and came here with a new topic "NEW SERVER IP: xx.xxxx.xxx, hopefully you will join now" what would your reaction be?

Now, I'm not forcing you to play on there. Soo far all I've seen from you is criticizing all decision or projects the developers have been working on for any reason you are able to find which makes me wonder what your intentions are.

Just because I have different opinion, doesnt mean I have some deeper intentions lol.

Offline Habdel

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • SA-MP Developer
    • Awards
Re: littlewhitey's new sa-mp mini mission server!
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 12:44:24 PM »
I've already explained everything I had to, just re-read it until you fully understand it, the words are very clear.

You can discuss this with me in private if you want, on discord or whatever.

Offline [JOKER]Zaibatsu

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 06:35:28 PM »
Yeah lets just delete my post if u cant come up with an answer. Exactly how an admin should react ;)

Offline Runey

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 07:24:47 PM »
Yeah lets just delete my post if u cant come up with an answer. Exactly how an admin should react ;)

I don't see anything unclear in what he said though. He's answered everything you might've doubted, yet you're still trying to be a smartass and point out any possible flaw in his post. This project of his is something staff team had discussed previously, so it's not unknown to any of us and it's not considered advertising at all. (i'm just wondering how you came up with that)

Please refrain from making any more fuss and if you still have any questions about his work, feel free to ask and rate it.

Offline [JOKER]Zaibatsu

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 09:51:49 PM »

I don't see anything unclear in what he said though.

And what was unclear in my post that it had to be deleted?

He's answered everything you might've doubted

Yeah? What about the 4 other questions in the previous post? I must be blind, but according to your response, he answered them. Sry i cant see it

yet you're still trying to be a smartass and point out any possible flaw in his post.

So if there are possible flaws in his statement, why is it wrong to point it out?
When someone says 2+2=5, is it wrong to tell him 2+2 isnt 5?

it's not considered advertising at all. (i'm just wondering how you came up with that)

1. Its a project that he has been working on personally (not lw initiative)
2. his own words - very different server from original lw's server
3. It has a different ip address
(Wondering how can you not see it as an advertising)

Offline Myle

• Management
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Myle
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 11:19:58 PM »
The gamemode was developed by an "official" SA-MP server developer of the community, and was released with the name of "littlewhiteys". There's nothing more to ask rather it's a server of the community or an advertisement.

Sure Habdel has been working for long time on this, but if he releases the server with littlewhitey's name does it really get considered as his own only?

The original server still stands there, so if you're not okay with this version, you're always welcome there. I don't see any worthy debate here.

Just look on the bright side, if someone gets bored of DM, they can just get on this server rather than rq'ing.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:41:03 PM by Myle »

There's always another way