Author Topic: Debate.  (Read 1925 times)

Offline PANZER24

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
Debate.
« on: April 25, 2020, 04:58:53 PM »
https://littlewhiteys.com/index.php/topic,34359.0/topicseen.html

Hello dear community,
today I'm going to talk about a rule that is known to be almost in every vcmp server.
"Server Advertising"

while it utterly makes total sense the rule is often abused and radicalized in a way that the slightest mention of a server name makes you subject to a warn.
for instance when you just talk about it with your friends like " remember that day when i knocked you in <insert server name> "
there is nothing wrong about that and doesn't get you banned either, but you get warned, which is a bit lame.

now we get to a situation that is too sensitive and looking at it from another angle there is nothing wrong about it, it is when you criticize the server and compare it to other servers, or simply praise it just like I did there.
that shouldn't be called advertising as it is pure criticism, today we live in a democratic society where every point of view is respected and given consideration, staff's duty is not to ban those "advertisers" , it is to benefit from criticism and improve the server based upon what players want, because the "Advertiser" is also counted as part of playerbase.

this is a matter that I just wanted to discuss and has nothing to do with that report, it is understandable that players try their best to get their fellow player sanctioned for the slightest reasons and that's not what inspired me to begin this topic, that's also one aspect of society that needs to be erased.

PEACE and ramadhan mubarik thanks all.

Offline Masteroz

• VC-MP Donator
  • When you survive alone, you can survive anything
    • Awards
Re: Debate.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 06:23:58 PM »
Good thinking,Ramadhan Mubarik  :)

Offline RajPut

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • We choose our pain ourselves..
  • Awards VC-MP Admin of the Year (2020)
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Raj
  • VC-MP: [VU]RajPut*
  • PAC ID: 39499
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 06:46:50 PM »
You posted the link here and
I just wanted to discuss and has nothing to do with that report.
You are really funny guy, you made my day man. ;D

Anyways, Ramadan Mubarik.

Offline morphine

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 07:04:40 PM »
the current statement on advertising servers is as follows:

Advertising

The advertisement of other servers by players is not permitted.

This involves:

Joining the server with the IP address of another server.

Telling other players to go to another server.

Spamming in the chat box advertising a server’s website.

Offering players hacks (Could lead to a ban dependent on situation)

Players caught doing so will most likely be kicked or muted. If the player persists and continues to advertise then they will be temporarily banned from the server. If you wish to go to another server with a friend please private message them.

mentioning / discussing foreign servers does not constitute a rule-break, which is exactly why you were not banned or otherwise reprimanded.

today we live in a democratic society where every point of view is respected and given consideration

what you wrote is theoretically what it is supposed to be like.

we are still a very, very far way from actually practicing consideration and respect of every point of view, and you yourself are evidence for that.