Author Topic: Your Top 10 Games  (Read 27106 times)

Offline Nemesis

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Leave your mark
    • Awards
Your Top 10 Games
« on: October 24, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »
Mine would be mm:

1.Final Fantasy X [PS2]
Best storyline ever, Best Dialogue ever, Best FF Soundtrack, Best Characters, Huge and Beautiful environment, Ranked 3rd best Game of all time [PS2] by IGN.
2. Metal Gear Solid [PS1]
3. Halo 2 [XBOX]
4. Metal Gear Solid 3 [PS2]
5. Metal Gear Solid 2 [PS2]
6. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance [PC]
7. Gears of War [PC]
8. Crysis [PC]
9. Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack [PS2]
10. Grand Theft Auto: Sanandreas

You NEEEEED to play FFX, its simply the best game there is, its graphically amazing (for a 2002 game), it has a touching storyline (love/tragedy/adventure) and a wonderful world and so much more, not to mention possibly the best minigame ever (Blitzball + Managing/Signing players from the real world)

Code: [Select]
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:03:55 PM by sudden.death »

Offline PuBerZz

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
Re: Your Top 10 Games
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 01:28:10 PM »
1. Ocarina of time (N64) Just Epic.
2. Half-life (PC) Best story driven FPS to date
3. CS 1.6 and CS: Source (PC) Still the best and most played tactical team based shooter.
4. Quake 3 (PC) Still the Best FPS Death match game 10years running.
5. Half-life 2 (PC) Best story driven FPS to date.
6. Team Fortress 2 (PC) Best multi-player FPS in A LONG time.
7. Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast) Best Sound track to any video game ever made.
8. Mario Kart (SNES) I was like 8, this game was the most insane shit ever.
9. Alex the kid (SEGA Master System) played this when i was 4-6years old, still a good game.
10. Call of Duty 1 (PC) Pretty much the best multi-player WW2 FPS out.

Pretty much sums it up.
I have no doubt when Left4Dead is out on Nov 18th that will be in the 5-10 part of the list.
LoL the difference in our age is really telling between the choice of games.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 01:44:40 PM by PuBerZ »

Offline THEWICKERMAN

• Fisher
  • ô.ô
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 03:16:08 PM »
10. [SNES] Street fighter turbo, as far as i know there's like 10 street fighters on snes lol. this is probably the one i played most, i have fond memories of my brother hitting me and generally getting pissed off at me for always playing as E. Honda and repeatedly trapping him in a corner and using the Hundred Hand Slap attack :D

9. [PC] TF2, i wanna play this, and in fact all of the orange box more (only game i completed is portal :o) and btw, sniper ftw ::)

8. [PS1] mgs, epic game with epic storyline and epic music! fuck yeah!

7. [PS2/PS1] final fantasy series, done 8, 9, 10, 10 part 2 (10 PART 2 WAS SHIT!), and 12, i bought 7 recently for liek £3.00 but i cant find a memory card lol, 9 is the best 

6. [PC] the sims/spore, i've classed them both as one thing cos i play both the same, make hideous mutants and kill them, in the sims i give them all 20 30 foot dicks and  make them  miles high and let them them drown in swimming pools, and in spore i made a goatse monster. nuff said. if you play 'properly' they all die anyway. still great games :D

5. [SNES] Super Mario Kart, snes is possibly the console i play most, right up to PS2 this was plugged into my living room tv, i now have 2 in my bedroom, and super Mario kart is probably the game i play most :)

4. [PS2] James Bond Nightfire, no one ever mentions this! i got this with my ps2 back in 2002 or something and i still play it with friends all the time (like 2 teams, 1 person on each team with 3 bots on max difficulty) and theres remote control tanks and planes :o

3. [PC] S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of Chernobyl, i thought this was just fucking epic! scary as hell and incredibly difficult as well lol

2. [GB/GBC/GBA] pokemon, i have 8 or more pokemon games so ill put them all in 1 place to avoid epic spem :P only good rpg ever! and i actually did catch em all...many times!

1. [PS2/PC/PSP] gta series, vice city has the best single player and SA has the best multi player... unofficially but still :D

as you can see, no xbox 360 or ps3, since i don't have them :< but imo the ps2 was good enough, and its not plagued by annoying halo or 'gears' fan boys that have have gaming today a laughable mess imo. oh and at nemisis, blitzball was THE shit once you knew how to play it, half the time i played 10 i was playing blitzball. and yes, going by the length of this post, i have wayyy to much time on my hands :)
"hast thou yet all cups in the cabinet?"

Offline RoWeLy

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:14:57 PM »
5. [SNES] Super Mario Kart, snes is possibly the console i play most, right up to PS2 this was plugged into my living room tv, i now have 2 in my bedroom, and super Mario kart is probably the game i play most :)

Absoluty <3 that game.
Had such good memories of me and my mate playing that as a child :)

Offline Nemesis

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Leave your mark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 04:36:58 PM »
I only bought FFX-2 to see how bad it was, but nothing could of prepared me for that, it totally ruined the storyline, I even emailed Sqaure-Enix asking them what the fuck they was smoking.

BlitzBall r0x, even signing players was fucking fun, cos you had to do some pretty hard scoping out / waiting for contracts to expire etc

Offline [V]ACE

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 05:00:44 PM »
D: lol i dont know many "upto date games now" (i lost main interest in games about 3 years ago -samp is the most uptodate game i play on!)
so my 10 top are pretty retro:
(1)Super Metroid
(2) Sonic CD
(3)Super Mario Bros
(4)Super mario Bros 3
(5)GTA:Vice City
(6)GTA: San andrease
(7)Need for Speed Carbon
(8)Fifa 07 (though 06 was partially better i couldnt stand the damn commentators)
(9)Sonic 3 on sega MD
(10)Columns/Tetris (bassically the same game, diffrent format)

so yeah retro games make me :D they be better then sheep! o.0

TOP-SAMP

Offline CrAzE

• Kiddy Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 05:09:12 PM »
1, Final Fantasy 7
2, GTA 4
3, Metal Gear Solid 3
4, Gran Turismo 4
5, Halo 3
6, Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl
7, Super Mario Kart
8, Tomb Raider Series
9, Duke Nukem Time To Kill
10, Doom
Today I Didn't Even Have To Use My Ak. I Gotta Say. Today Was A Good Day

Offline THEWICKERMAN

• Fisher
  • ô.ô
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 05:46:32 PM »
these are pretty much all good, but imo games focused on looking and sounding good sacrifice game play, i.e. halo, gears of war, and crysis are all just mediocre over hyped games :P (to be fair i've only played a few levels of gears of war, and a demo of crysis that was like 5fps, played the entire first halo and its CRAP! so in short, i dont like xbox or ps3 games, but i don't have an xbox or ps3 :D! good to see snes appearing here though
"hast thou yet all cups in the cabinet?"

Offline jinx

• SA-MP Retirees
    • you must visit now.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 05:55:00 PM »
D: MY LIST NOW

1) GTA IV - amazing city, uber realistic graphics/AI/first ever car damage system of that type for the series/TAXIS
2) COD4 - amazing storyline, missions, map, multi-player
3)Team Fortress 2 - funniest and best multi-player shooter EVER
4) Half-Life 2/Insurgency mod (same game but different :S) - epic gameplay D:
5) Garry's Mod - Best sandbox game next to GTAIV imo
6) James Bond: Goldeneye (N64) - for the time it was the best game ever for me lol.. Nice storyline, fun weapons, easy kills, found it funny the only voice was when the Soviets got shot and went OOUGH
7) James Bond: The World is Not Enough (N64) - Best game I've ever seen that came out before Y2K - PS2 level graphics in a package from 1999
8] NASCAR 1999 (N64) - Gran Turismo style racing with funny voiceovers.. "OHHH THATS GOTTA HURT!" "That's gonna effect his aerodynamics!" "HE'S GOING THE WRONG WAY!"
9) GTASA - SA-MP :)
10) GTAVC - its how i discovered MTA:VC then SA-MP

:D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 06:20:06 PM by swampy »
whut?

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 06:00:24 PM »
Oh geez, I will try to think of a nice top 10:

1: Super Smash Brothers (N64), man I played this game so long and so many times. I always played with my friends, so that all the slots were taken. So many laughs, omg ;D

2: GTA:SA Race (PC, duh), since I play this game all the time, but not as many as SSM though :)

3: Super Mario Brothers 3 (SNES), at least I think that's the right one. It was part of the Super Mario All Stars game which contained several Super Mario games and this one was one of the games on it. It had a small mini game which took place in one level. At the top of the screen there were 2 pipes from which turtles and like fishes came out. And 2 players had to survive while trying to kill the other. I really can't explain it properly, but you maybe get the picture lol.

4: Unreal Tournament 2003/UT 2003 and Unreal Tournament 1999/UT '99 (PC), these 2 games were my first games which I played online rofl. First off course UT 99, I always played at Sniper-only servers (my in-game nick was *Sniper, don't comment on that one, I knowz -.-...), I even got in a clan (WOW lol). Some time later I started playing UT 2003 demo, but the one in which you could play on teh internetz. Although it was very limited (like 2 or 3 maps available for online gameplay rofl), the game play wasn't (to me anyway). Every vehicle (at least, almost, not that huge thing, don't know what it's called) was available and playable. I always joined the Onslaught-only servers, since that game mode was the best :)

5: The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64): honestly, do I even have to explain why? This game was teh shitz.

6: Mario Kart 64 (N64), same reason as Super Smash Brothers really, so much fun. Especially the Battle Mode was really funny ;D

7: Age Of Empires (PC), fun stuff... Making huge armies and bases and then pwning the enemy who was way too weak: priceless

8: Gran Turismo (PSX and PS2): I love cars so these games were/are perfect for me :)

9: Half Life (PC): just great, shooting, scary moments and a proper story made this game just so good.

10: Perfect Dark (N64), great shooting game for the N64. 4 players playing at the same time: N64 laggyyyyy xD
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline jinx

• SA-MP Retirees
    • you must visit now.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 06:03:19 PM »
10: Perfect Dark (N64), great shooting game for the N64. 4 players playing at the same time: N64 laggyyyyy xD

It never lagged for me D: and my N64 was kinda broken!

If there were an 11 slot that woulda actually been my game as that was so funny..

I always used to run into the first room at the roof in DataDyne in multiplayer co-op then shut off the light near the big fan then wait with nightvision and a Falcon :)
whut?

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 06:06:32 PM »
If there were an 11 slot that woulda actually been my game as that was so funny..
I always used to run into the first room at the roof in DataDyne in multiplayer co-op then shut off the light near the big fan then wait with nightvision and a Falcon :)
You sir nailed it. That was one of the best things in PD... "Huh, what was that" :O
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline jinx

• SA-MP Retirees
    • you must visit now.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 06:15:32 PM »
You sir nailed it. That was one of the best things in PD... "Huh, what was that" :O

There was also that fly-by-wire rocket bug where you put the hovercrate between the doors to the weapons room and stand so the glass door thing was still open, pull out a fly by wire rocket and SHOOT U SUM ALLIES! Or just throw combat knives at that nub that kept on saying UR DOING GOOD JOANNA GO AWAY NOW D:

i had fun with that
whut?

Baldachyn

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 09:44:31 PM »
heyy, :p
1. Mafia: the city of lost heaven- awesome story
2. Star wars: knights of the old republic 2 the sith lords
3. The Elder Scroll 4: Oblivion
4. No one lives forever 2
5. GTA vice city
6. NFS Underground 2
7. Medieval total war 2
8. GTA San andreas
9. Operation Flashpoint
10. Far Cry
:PPPPPPPPPPPPP
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 09:51:22 PM by Baldachyn »

Offline [LW][KFJ]Zegro REPRESENT

• Fisher
  • SPEED GOT NOTHIN TO DO WITH SPEED
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 10:06:33 PM »
Fuck yeah! James Bond Nightfire!
I really need this game again, I used to always play as Jaws or Scaramanga in the multiplayer on the PS2

10. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
9. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
8. Platform Racing  2 [Flash game]
7. Soldat [2d third person shooter, awesome free game]
6. Robot Rage [Old game I used to be 8th on the highscore out of 26,000,000 bots made]
5. Free Rider[yes, an online flash game. Fuck yeah!]
4. Team Fortress 2 [Fucks up how well I play SAMP all the time though]
3. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City [Which now has a none-working multiplayer for me! yay! :(]

[LW]AssPumper, [LW]cannguyen, [LW]DonDav, [LW]dugi, [LW]eDiT, [LW]Ez, [LW]gotflash, [LW]Handsome, [LW]ispi, [LW]KmanN, [LW]lilly, [LW]Pancake, [LW]Sjitty, [LW]Tenshi, [LW]WICKERMAN, [LW]Zegro, [LW]Ziggster