Author Topic: GTA:IV discussion + screenshots  (Read 27821 times)

Offline jinx

• SA-MP Retirees
    • you must visit now.
    • Awards
Re: Andre9977's GTA:IV screenshots
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 11:26:23 PM »
lol he's definately rushing through it - took me almost a week to get to Three Leaf Clover on 360.

chitter!
Three Leaf Cover? Is that the bank mission? I did it on third try.

Ya, that's the bank mission and I did it first try :<

got hit by a subway and almost died tho at the end, then found out a ton of shots just barely missed killing me in that SUV at the end, proving a quote I heard from someone, "War is just luck."

BTW: how many tries for Late Checkout (the hotel mission at the Majestic)? It took me 22, and won by 2hp and a rocket :<

I don't know the mission Late Checkout, perhaps I don't just remember it. How much (%) of the game completance is it?

ah forgot, but it's that one where ur at a hotel then you go up an elevator then u have to kill everyone in the penthouse suite or something :<

btw anyone know how to get past "Catch the Wave", the mission where u have to steal the cocaine out of a boat or something?
whut?

Offline S3rs

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 12:12:15 AM »
swampy: http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/missions/70/Catch-The-Wave This might help you out. I always look here when im stuck at a mission.

Andre9977

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »
I remember the Late Checkout now, it was pretty good. There were also 2 other guys (that I think you could choose fate of - kill or leave although they were with red markers - I don't know). I did that mission on the first try, I was really lucky to stay alive once I got up to the roof, as I was shot from the back (like... hardcorely pwnt into the back).

In Catch The Wave, you have to get the truck and then get it to the docks, right? It is a long way there, yet you can "cut" it kind of by not filling in what the GPS properly says by making a u-turn when you've turned left at some point, then down the bridge in opposite direction. If you get there, jump out of the truck as soon as the cutscene ends and kill as much mofos as possible. When you see Paul approach the warehouse and moving in, follow him - otherwise he'll be dead very soon. When you've past the goons in the warehouse, Paul will take the boat on right dock and you'll take the one on left (there are some more goons on the dock bridges I guess - not exactly sure). Then 2 boats will follow you, just take them out. Follow Paul and it'll be done.

Offline PuBerZz

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 04:35:52 AM »
I'm just going to use this thread for a general IV picture dump.

32/32 multiplayer is pretty fucking insane, and fun, but if you hate drive by in SA-MP your going to fucking hate IV-MP.

:o CP

Car surfing is pretty much impossible in IV-MP, you just roll off the back of the vehicle.

Offline dugi

• Management
    • best song ever
    • Awards
Re: GTA:IV discussion + screenshots
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 10:45:55 PM »
I failed last mission about 10 times and i dont want to do it anymore :D

Andre9977

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 10:46:58 PM »
to my horror I discovered that I've done 52% of the game  :'(

Offline Enzo03

• Adult Fish
  • I call dibs on any roadkill...
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 11:10:29 PM »
I suddenly want a new computer so that I may get this.

I CAN HIDE AK-47S AND ROCKETS AND GUNS IN MY PANTS AND GET INTO POLICE STATIONS INGAME LETS DO IT IRL!

Offline S3rs

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 11:39:36 PM »
man im only on 24%.. and then there is lots of stuff left to collect and complete :D

Offline PuBerZz

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 01:10:31 AM »
To my surprise there actually is a server browser in the game, I've been playing 32/32 TDM games, sometimes 16 v 16 or 4v4v4v4 and its crazy fun, the sync is insanely smooth compared to SA-MP, but the drive by sucks, its really powerful once you have a MP5, luckily if you aim good enough you can just head shot them through the windows. 

Offline eDiT

• Management
    • Littlewhiteys
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2008, 04:52:15 AM »
:(
This game will probably get old like TF2 and L4D did?

Offline jinx

• SA-MP Retirees
    • you must visit now.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2008, 06:51:59 AM »
swampy: http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/missions/70/Catch-The-Wave This might help you out. I always look here when im stuck at a mission.

:o i finally passed it thanks to that

but I also realized how fucking stupid Phil Bell is because he kept running straight in to my line of fire then dying cuz I head-shotted him or something.

I'm gonna get this for PC but I got 1 question - Do 360 saves transfer from 360 to PC? :d
i'm at like 80% done already :<
whut?

Andre9977

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2008, 08:41:49 AM »
I don't think the savegames transfer, as xbox360 uses a different way to store the savegames (?)

Offline ReVilo

• SA-MP Donator
  • 'Cause it's a BITTERSWEET!!!! SYMPHONYY!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »
This game will probably get old like TF2 and L4D did?
Lol, it's true L4D was huge when it came out now it's like, whatever...xD

Offline Enzo03

• Adult Fish
  • I call dibs on any roadkill...
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 12:11:21 AM »

I was kinda hoping I would find screenshots that looked like someone was trying to play Carmageddon instead of the actual game.

I CAN HIDE AK-47S AND ROCKETS AND GUNS IN MY PANTS AND GET INTO POLICE STATIONS INGAME LETS DO IT IRL!

Andre9977

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2008, 06:37:32 PM »
whaddap MR. Dimitri Rascalov? Moppin' teh floorz?  :-*