Author Topic: Player Houses  (Read 66371 times)

Offline Chainer

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
Player Houses
« on: February 18, 2015, 05:25:59 AM »
Player Houses

How they work

You can now buy houses around Las Venturas. (They're only around LV for now, although more may be added later.)

A buyable house looks like this:

You can go inside by walking on the marker. Once inside, you can look around. You can decide to buy the house if you have enough cash on you by typing /buyhouse. Your house will be saved for you after you log off. (You may lose your house if you go inactive for a long time, though.)

Once you've bought the house, the marker outside will change to display your name:

At this point, only you can enter the house, unless you invite others.

What do houses do?

All houses give the following benefits:

- Armor / health pickups. These are located inside, usually near the exit. The health pickup refills your health, and the armor pickup refills your armor up to 50%. They respawn within two minutes of you using them.
- Spawn vehicle. Each house comes with your spawn vehicle, which is parked outside in the driveway as long as you are connected. You can choose from among several types of spawn vehicles, with the Infernus being the default. Others can steal your vehicle from your driveway, but you will be notified if they do so you can hunt them down.
- Spawn location. Your house can optionally serve as your spawn point.
- Buyable items. While inside your house, you can by items (such as furniture, or other pieces of decoration) from a menu, and place them in your house as you choose. These are also saved along with your house after you log off.
- Inviting others. By default no one but you can enter your house. You can, however, individually invite up to 30 people. (The invitations are also saved after you log off, until you uninvite them.)

The /house menu

When you're inside your house, you can type /house to access the above features. You will get a menu that looks like this:

Most of these options are pretty self-explanatory, although some deserve slightly more of an explanation.

Spawn Vehicles

If you click "Choose Spawn Vehicle", you get this menu:

You can set the type of your spawn vehicle from here. Once you pick a new option, if your vehicle is in your driveway, it will change immediately. Otherwise, it'll respawn as the new type the next time it respawns (which happens once it dies or has been without a driver for 1 minute).

Items

If you click "Buy Item", you get a list of the items that you can currently buy:

Once you select an item, it will spawn in front of you with controls that you can use to move it around:

During this, you can run around as usual, although if you want to change the camera angle you have to hold your sprint key while moving. Once you are happy with how your object is placed, you can click the Save icon (the rightmost of the controls) to save and buy it. During editing, you can press ESC if you change your mind and don't want the item. Also, as previously mentioned, items save after you log off, so they'll be where you left them once you return.

To remove an object you've bought, select the "Delete Item" option from the /house menu, and then shoot the itemt you want to remove.

Where you can find the houses

Houses are mainly clustered around the following areas:

Red: This group contains many large, two-story houses. They're fairly expensive, as they're close to LV / North Ammunation, which as we know is where a lot of action goes down.
Orange: These are, on average, the cheapest houses in LV, as they're far away from any place useful. They are also generally quite small on the inside.
Green: These are of mediocre price, and have interiors of medium size.
Blue: These are pretty similar to the green group, although some are a little cheaper since they're further from most of the action in LV.
Yellow: Expensive and crappy interiors, thanks to them being very close to North Ammu.

Keep in mind that these are just generalizations. There are also some surprise houses that lead to unexpected interiors, as well as some secret houses that are outside the marked areas.

Misc info/stats

• There are currently 200 houses.
  • The cheapest house is $500,000, and the most expensive one is $10,000,000. The average price is around $2,600,000. Houses that are nicer on the inside or are closer to the middle of LV are generally more expensive. There are also random, unfair fluctuations, just like in real life. This means that it's possible there are two houses on the map with the same interior, where one is a better value than the other.
  • There are 31 different interiors being used for the houses.

Known Bugs

There is a bug with the house interiors that served as the burglary houses in single player, where if you enter a certain number of them (5, I think) during a single session (i.e., without quitting), the default furniture will stop showing up them. This only affects the furniture that is in the house by default, and not the items that you can buy. As this is a SAMP bug, I am unfortunately unable to fix it.

Warning

Do not buy multiple houses under different accounts. Due to there being a limited number of houses, you are only allowed to have one at a time. If we find that you've done this, you will lose all of your houses.

That's it, enjoy! :)

So, in order to make things easier and faster, i took pictures of all of the interiors with their respective id numbers. This way whenever an admin is in the process of building a house they can do it faster if you tell them which interior you wish to have.

Click the id numbers to watch the corresponding interior:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19
20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28
31 - 32 - 33 - 36 - 37
41 - 42 - 43 - 47 - 48 - 49

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 02:44:32 PM by Spitfire »

Offline Habdel

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • SA-MP Developer
    • Awards
Re: Player Houses
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 06:04:27 AM »
Wow, that was fast, this is a really huge feature, the server hasn't known this a really long time, amazing job man.

Offline Freak

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 06:16:20 AM »
As Habdel said awesome job! Going to test this soon.

By the way the donators can set their spawn infront of the houses, can't they? Since if I get killed by someone, I could respawn near to my house.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:23:15 AM by Freak »
so I have been surprised :( i slap my brother and i make the ban appeal :(

Offline Chainer

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 07:08:12 AM »
You can actually set your house to be your spawn point (anyone can, not just donators) from the /house menu.

Offline SKY

• Quad Buddy
  • SA-MP Retirees
  • GrandDaddy Bikerr, LETS GET IT LETS GO!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 07:30:20 AM »
I like :D
Since 2008
If you are not part of the quadbuddy association than we can not be friends.

Offline [BB]Diablo

• Adult Fish
  • Bleed or beat it!
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [BB]Diablo
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 09:29:14 AM »
First of all,its awesome...though I would like to notify some bugs I found..
Armor health pickups not working after picking one time...
Objects which bought disappears and deleted objects spawns again sometimes..( only in some areas of house..some dont have problems.)
House's default objects keeps changing...like a drawer disappeared..bought one and put there...then some other objects spawn there..
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:04:46 AM by Diablo »

Offline Puranjay

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 09:49:51 AM »
Hahahah finally

Offline ThunderStorm

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 11:29:21 AM »
Awesome, got one :>

ankit

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »
Good job.
Can players buy already bought houses?  Like we have property syatem now.
Or once bought, it's forever yours until you decide to sell

Offline Freak

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 12:00:12 PM »
Players can't bought an already bought house. The house will be yours untill you go inactive for a long amount of time.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:38:35 PM by Freak »
so I have been surprised :( i slap my brother and i make the ban appeal :(

Offline [JOK3R]Hyp3r

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 12:03:43 PM »
Player Houses are an excellent implementation to the game. Really love it

Offline Milivoje

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 01:05:38 PM »
Good job Chainer. :)
''You have to be persistent
because persistence always pays off''