Author Topic: 0.4 ?  (Read 4520 times)

Offline Usmanulamin

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Most Friendly (2015)
    • Awards
0.4 ?
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:36:08 PM »
Can anyone share complete details of what 0.4 actually is ? I mean most of the people including me do not know what is the difference between current 0.3 and future 0.4 server or script or whatever it is ?

Do share some information when will it come, what will be the betterments and consequences, also tell why is it said that LW cant have 0.4 before 2018 etc etc.

Just want to add some piece of information in my knowledge and for the others those who have no idea what it is.
Regards
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:08:43 PM by Darfy »

Offline Ryz

• Management
  • Awards VC-MP Admin of the Year (2012)
    • Portfolio
    • Awards
  • PAC ID: 421
Re: 0.4 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 08:20:37 PM »
Can anyone share complete details of what 0.4 actually is ? I mean most of the people including me do not know what is the difference between current 0.3 and future 0.4 server or script or whatever it is ?
There's too many things to list and the VCMP forum is currently offline however you can find some information on the dev blog: http://vcmpdev.wordpress.com/

also tell why is it said that LW cant have 0.4 before 2018 etc etc.
0.4 has been in development for a long time now and we still don't know when it will be released. The dev's are still working on it but it is a slow process and thats why as a joke, we say 2018.

Offline Foxtrot

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Awards VC-MP Clan of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 08:27:15 PM »
and thats why as a joke, we say 2018.

it's not a joke though
   <~morphine>   nobody likes foxtrot
   <~morphine>   nobody understands his ethos
   <~morphine>   and nobody ever will

Offline Ryz

• Management
  • Awards VC-MP Admin of the Year (2012)
    • Portfolio
    • Awards
  • PAC ID: 421
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:35:39 PM »
and thats why as a joke, we say 2018.

it's not a joke though

touché.

Offline ZUBI

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • Awards VC-MP Smartest Player (2016)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: ZUBI
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 10:02:32 PM »
it takes a long now if it wont release this year then vcmp will be dead some how with bugs and crashes. people loosing intrest from vcmp now a day new version is the best way to pop up the vcmp
Credits : Berkley/Gohan

Offline Usmanulamin

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
it takes a long now if it wont release this year then vcmp will be dead some how with bugs and crashes. people loosing intrest from vcmp now a day new version is the best way to pop up the vcmp

Exactly thats what i was thinking about, server gets crashed several times while playing, there are too many bugs all the time, then 1 car per ip system, share car system etc etc, too many factors decreasing down the interest of players in game but on the other side, it is being said that its impossible that 0.4 gets released in the near future, as Ryz said, it may take years.

There's too many things to list and the VCMP forum is currently offline however you can find some information on the dev blog: http://vcmpdev.wordpress.com/

also tell why is it said that LW cant have 0.4 before 2018 etc etc.
0.4 has been in development for a long time now and we still don't know when it will be released. The dev's are still working on it but it is a slow process and thats why as a joke, we say 2018.

Thank you for the information, ill keep going through the blog and see for the future updates.
I just went through one of their topic http://vcmpdev.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/we-broke-trainers/ (We Broke Trainers) does this mean that the players can not use trainers in VC:MP anymore ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:48:30 AM by Usmanulamin »

Offline Gullu[]Butt

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
0.4 wil releeze when kakas wil donayte..jajaja

Offline Jaw

• Kiddy Fish
  • F-E-A-R = Forget everything and run :D
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [UF]Jaw
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »

Useless.

Offline Usmanulamin

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »

Useless.

As always.

Offline stormeus

• VC-MP Donator
  • VC:MP Developer
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »
Sorry for the bump but:

Can anyone share complete details of what 0.4 actually is ?

As is explained on the development blog, 0.4 is a new version and a complete rewrite of the VC:MP client and server to introduce new features, fix longstanding bugs, and allow for more modularity. Since 0.4 offers various new functions and improvements in stability, the scripts used by Littlewhitey's could be updated to add new features that take advantage of these, such as vehicle boosts and tuning, player immunities, and working armour.

Thank you for the information, ill keep going through the blog and see for the future updates.
I just went through one of their topic http://vcmpdev.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/we-broke-trainers/ (We Broke Trainers) does this mean that the players can not use trainers in VC:MP anymore ?

The traditional forms of trainers (with an external client) all are currently broken due to the way 0.4 hooks into the game engine, so all known trainers are currently broken. The server also has a form of anti-cheat which blocks basic hacks involving health and armour. While we may not see trainers being used now, someone could theoretically write or rewrite a trainer that works in 0.4.

it takes a long now if it wont release this year then vcmp will be dead some how with bugs and crashes.

A public beta of the 0.4 server was released a couple of days after this thread was made in spite of the official forum being down.
http://vcmp.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=9.0

In fact, the managers of Littlewhitey's VC:MP have already started up a 0.4 server running a port of the current scripts:
http://forum.littlewhiteys.co.uk/index.php/topic,16726.msg169847.html#msg169847 (see version 2.1)

More information is on this thread:
http://vcmp.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2469.0

Offline Sk

• VC-MP Donator
  • #VU
  • Awards VC-MP Mod of the Year (2018)
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »
thankz for the info stormeus...

Offline Usmanulamin

• VC-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 12:46:55 PM »
Thank you for the update and indeed a very detailed explanation, Thanks again for the information.