Author Topic: Showcase your maps  (Read 10723 times)

Offline raz0

• MTA:SA Race Admin
    • Awards
Showcase your maps
« on: July 24, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »
Hi,

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where people could show off their new (or fixed) maps to the community and maybe give a little sales speech about them. ;) We all know how people keep voting for the tried and true, so here is a great opportunity to get your new map some publicity and make it more popular! :) Pictures mandatory!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 03:25:16 PM by raz0 »

Offline raz0

• Awards
Re: Showcase your maps
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 03:19:49 PM »
EDIT: The map is now called Vertical_DD instead, replacing the old version, which had camping problems. I've also aligned the halfpipe so that if you jump out of it and don't have enough speed to reach the secret hunter, you'll land on the road below.

All right, I'll start off myself. I've recently uploaded a modified version of my previous map Vertical_DD. The new map is called Highly_Vertical_DD and sets out to try and fix some of the problems that I noticed with Vertical_DD. The primary problem I identified was that while most of the map was pretty dangerous with narrow paths and slopes, the top was pretty safe. On Vertical_DD most people drive straight to the top of the map and fool around up there for the remaining duration of the DD. I fixed this by making the top *a lot* more dangerous. The half pipe that was there before is now a lot narrower, and very little is horizontal at the top any more. From there I got a little carried away and made the rest of the map equally hard. It was actually my intention that Highly_Vertical_DD should replace the original, but since I made so many changes, I decided to upload it as a new map.

More narrow "half pipe" used to jump to "secret" hunter.

More dangerous bottom part of the map.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:15:27 PM by raz0 »

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 03:31:19 PM »
ZOMG, dubbel post raz0, you digital space waster xD

Alrighty, my turn then. My latest map is in the S00X series, it's called S002_By_Snipe  ::).. This race has a lot of "secret" shortcuts and there are at least 20 possible routes through it. The start is spacious and it's near the East Las Venturas trainstation, from there it heads north and then it goes in to Las Venturas and it's north/northwestern areas with those big houses. Here are the pictures I took:

The East trainstation of Las Venturas, with some decks on the rail tracks so you drive there reasonably fast too.

A shot near the Police Station which, as you can see, has multiple routes and pick-up-shortcuts. ;D

Near Las Venturas' Northern trainstation, with a small tight part.

A little bit south of the Northern trainstation with an U-turn onto the highway section below, heading for the western area of LV.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:13:53 AM by Snipe »
MTA:Race's celebrity super star!!! (lol)

Offline MCvarial

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 04:25:47 PM »
My turn   ;D
My newest map is called isle, unfortunatly it didn't get through maptesting (like usual ::)).
Why well because of a poor start (I confirm :)) and crosspads.
But its fixed and uploaded again lets hope it passes maptesting...
Its a fast race with nrg-500, banshee and infernus over a buch of docks with alot of jumps
and to make it even better there are also hunters.

The fixed start with much room:

The hunter pickups can be taken by driving over a submarine with a BMX.

some off the jumps:

And a new bridge to fix the crosspads:

And if you want to see the end you will have to play it  :P

There is also a new version of RACE_JUMP_BOOM on the server with some minor fixes...
This is the biggest fix some of the cp's in the tunnel where bugged and easy to miss FIXED!

all jumps are remaid

also the annoying one over the river with a fixed landing+jump

tiny cp's removed

fixed ending

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 04:29:07 PM by MCvarial »

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
  • the boss of the midnight club
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 05:34:31 PM »
oh thk you Mcvarial for fixing race jump boom! it's nice!! it's a good news after the delete of going down & olympic jump ( keep some OLD SCHOOL races btw!!!)

ps: to everyone:it will be a good idea if you post your maps on this topic.in the case if we want to test it ( except if you build some tr@demark races!)

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 06:18:14 PM »
Hmmm, it's nice to see someone actually fixing maps (unlike me lols, I will try to repair some in the coming days)... The huge straight where people miss CP's is a good fix, although I always slow down because of the easy missing :)... I'm not entirely sure if some fixes will work with the race_jump_boom map... for instance, those fences in the 8th shot seem to have no function to me, correct me if I'm wrong ;D... In any case, I'm looking forward to your races ;D

Offline MCvarial

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 06:58:58 PM »
well here is isle you can download it but warn me when you modify it...

http://rapidshare.com/files/132116154/Isle.map.html

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
ok ok!
don't worry, i don't post my version ( isle-byElBrujo!!) :P

Offline elbrujo

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 08:46:12 PM »
i think it's a good race & a good idea to play on docks without lamposts!

for your information, i give you some things i see when i play on it.

* the ramp & the jump after CP 81 are a bit hard. if you miss your jump, the next road to cp 83 is too higher, so you have to kill you:(
* about the CP's places, i see u place two CP too near at the beginning & at the end of  a turn (ex: CP 48-49).  i think u can increase the map's free flow & speed.
* Your spawnCP (in infernus, moto) can be place before the  nitro-repair pick or a bit after the water.
* you can add more cop's head between cp 82-83 :P

if it can help you....
ps: excuse my english  :D

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »
Hmmm, well, I tried your map too MCvarial... The only thing which I found was the Vortex-change, which was a bit surprising to me, since it had the same colour (blue) as the Z-350. Also, what Brujo said about the CP 83 I also found the jump a bit iffy, you should place some ramps in the ground to the roads where you have to land on, so in any case, you can get on those roads :)

I liked the scenery of the map, which was harbour-y. It resembled the docks of LS very well, especially in the begining! The jumps were okay to me, I didn't try the bikepart without speeding using the num-pad, so somebody has to check that! ;D

Offline MCvarial

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 05:09:24 PM »

Offline Snipe

• Big Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 05:48:18 PM »
What about this version: http://rapidshare.com/files/132389662/Isle.map.html
Well, I tried it and have to say: keep the original.

• The "new" parts weren't that spectacular, liked the orignal parts better
  • The ramp at CP 85 is crooked, so what happened was that I switched over to the NRG, I immediately spun, that can't be right lol
  • Fix the CP 83-jump, it's a bit iffy and therefore still not good... also, leave those ramps like we said for the original: in the case of messing up there, that you can still get on the higher road up ahead
  • While you're at it, maybe you can do something about the flickering roadparts in the beginning, it's quite annoying, don't know if that's possible though
  • Oh, and you can take a look at the first jump (not the angle, but the invisible runway/road), which also noobd me several times with both NRG and the Comet (on the server and while testing for you), maybe the angle still isn't good (not flat) or it has to do with the hangars/roof of the hangars below (that I land on the roof part, but since those are crooked, I still get fucked up)

That's all, good luck fixing :P

Offline MCvarial

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 06:37:52 PM »
I wasn't planning to upload that map anyways caus I also think its kinda sucky...

Offline mr.dogshit

• Tiny Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 02:27:49 PM »

tiny cp's removed

I played the new RACE_JUMP_BOOM the other day... all was cool except ^that CP... If you catch the jump before that wrong, it can flip you off to the side slightly (its always been like that, but never really been much of a problem because it was easy to get back on track), but with the fences there - you're stuck and have to /kill.

Offline MCvarial

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »

tiny cp's removed

I played the new RACE_JUMP_BOOM the other day... all was cool except ^that CP... If you catch the jump before that wrong, it can flip you off to the side slightly (its always been like that, but never really been much of a problem because it was easy to get back on track), but with the fences there - you're stuck and have to /kill.

Don't worry its deleted anyways  :D