Author Topic: Recruiting scripters (I pay REAL mon€y$)  (Read 21732 times)

Offline Dominator

• SA-MP Donator
  • sup
    • Awards
Re: Recruiting scripters (I pay REAL mon€y$)
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 12:36:26 PM »

Hazard, with all my respects, I have always considered you as a coherent person, but is quite hilarious that you say all of this when at the same time you are scripting for LW FOR FREE and you mention that in your blog as a way of complaining about the many suggestions that this server has.

Simon CREATED LW_LVDM, so fuck off already.
And by Simon he means Hazard, not Simon aka Fuse. And Fuse, you arent such a good scripter / mapper so you shouldnt take the money and try to create a script imo
well dominator is still the fucked up forum whore he always was, i am glad that i never see u somewhere ingame.

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2010, 12:45:33 PM »
Most important clans like Joker, Virus or Sae have their own servers. Who have made them?

So? you give me even more reason: more work that he has done for free, but at the same time he tells Fuse that he should ask for more money.

Offline Faraday

• The Scranton Strangler
  • SA-MP Retirees
  • Super[M]unkey
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 12:54:34 PM »
Ofcourse because Simon (Hazard) created LVDM for himself, not for anyone else. littlewhitey helped on the gamemode and they decided to use that gamemode (LVDM) for littlewhitey's server. Simple as that.

As dominator said, FuseZ isn't really that good, so you script would be full of rendundant, memory gabbing code which would make gameplay laggy, and which won't attract players.

Clanservers are mostly edits from released gamemodes, or simple gamemodes made from scratch. Clanserver gamemodes don't have the purpose to attract alot of players, so it doesn't always have the safest anticheat or the most dynamic systems. Joker's server was made by TuneFish afaik, SAE's is an edit of MOB's gamemode (I think), an V's was made by Nado (not sure). Made by people from the clan for the clan, which they didn't get paid for. If you really want someone to make you what you want than you'll have to pay.
And since you're paying, I'd suggest you plan out a decent scheme and look for good scripters, which will cost u much less. If you want a professional devteam or a decent scripter you'll have to do some work yourself, you'll have to provide a SVN repository, set up an FTP server, get forums, pay for decent server hosting, or get a VPS, and get a decent administration team.
Going like: "hey I pay you, make me a gamemode", won't work, unless with ppl like Fusze I guess.

Offline Fuse

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2010, 01:51:49 PM »
V's was made by Nado (not sure)
The gamemode was created by Ella and i have developed it the last 2 years

Sorry for doublepost!

Offline Faraday

• The Scranton Strangler
  • SA-MP Retirees
  • Super[M]unkey
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 01:52:57 PM »
Ella = Nado

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2010, 01:54:48 PM »
So Faraday, are you definitely out of my project?

Devilboy665

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »
Yeah Gryphus...I have my own server...but its not online!  :D

Anyway...why u hate Gry? He only asked for a help...and he offer money for it...! I would be happy to accept that offer! lol...u ask why I dont help him?...well I dont have time...and will to do something like that... I offered my help on LW...but noone gives a damn..! So fuke scripting..Im playor! (Forever A Nub)  8)

btw. I told u Gry...simply steal scripts from SAMP forums...!
and edit it to or own ideas  ;)

Offline [eVo]PvtBenny

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 02:42:49 PM »
If i knew how to script, Id seriously be asking atleast 60 bucks a week.

And asking for parts of the LW gamemode is like, trying to have a conversation with a lamppost.

Like AJP said before this smells like advertising.

That he even dares asking on LW forums i dont know why, but LW itself is already low on scripters.

My 2 cents: I would have banned him for this idiocy of even attempting to ask this shit on LW forums.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:45:39 PM by WildStyleZx89 »

Offline [eVo]Rizla

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • O.A.P
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [eVo]Rizla
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 05:07:35 PM »

dont feed the troll
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:14:46 PM by â„¢alziЯ »

Offline S3rs

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 05:14:01 PM »
this topic is full of homosexuality

Offline Faraday

• The Scranton Strangler
  • SA-MP Retirees
  • Super[M]unkey
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 05:17:44 PM »
Yeah Gryphus...I have my own server...but its not online!  :D

Anyway...why u hate Gry? He only asked for a help...and he offer money for it...! I would be happy to accept that offer! lol...u ask why I dont help him?...well I dont have time...and will to do something like that... I offered my help on LW...but noone gives a damn..! So fuke scripting..Im playor! (Forever A Nub)  8)

btw. I told u Gry...simply steal scripts from SAMP forums...!
and edit it to or own ideas  ;)
The fact that you talk about stealing scripts and editing, is the perfect answer as to why we don't want your help

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »
Yeah Faraday but think about one simple thing: at first you were interested, and you only have been out when I spoke about copying some LW features. However, imagine that I haden't mentioned that and I had hired you, and once you had started working, I had told you that I want an anticheat system and a duel arena, without mentioning LW at all (quite normal, many servers have those two features so it would have been very logical that I wanted them for my server too). I supposse that in case of me not mentioning LW, you wouldn't have left the project, so does anyone here believe that you would have rewritten these two features from scratch, instead of copying them from LW? ::)

Offline robbynab

• Fisher
  • yo'sup
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2010, 07:50:41 PM »
so does anyone here believe that you would have rewritten these two features from scratch, instead of copying them from LW? ::)
I do believe.

Offline Simon

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Retired
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [CP]Simon
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2010, 11:28:11 PM »

So? you give me even more reason: more work that he has done for free, but at the same time he tells Fuse that he should ask for more money.

Yes, you miss the point. 5 euros a week is cheap.

I worked on LW_LVDM because I enjoy what I was doing, my work on littlewhitey's gamemode is what I consider a donation to littlewhitey because of all the resources he had put into providing me with fun times in both SA-MP and VC-MP. He never told me what to do because it was a gift, I set the expectations and that is the key difference between working for free and working for money.

Working for money means that the payee will have leverage over the scripter, making decisions, changing their mind once things are implemented, being an outright twat etc.

Your post goes to show that you're angry for suggesting more than 5 euros a week. Why? Is that because that's the rough figure you had in mind!? Haha, if scripters in littlewhitey's community want to be treated like turd because they're working for cheap then that's their problem; I'm just warning because it seems that all the other stuff is being overlooked -- you aren't going to be in fantasy scripting world once you accept money.

dont feed the troll

Haha, well assuming Gryphus is serious. It seems this topic has shown exactly how it will be to work for Gryphus. Just bloody amazing I bet. The only reason money was offered was to attract people, because I doubt any decent scripter would work for Gryphus out of their free will.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:32:55 PM by Hazard »

Devilboy665

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2010, 12:20:07 AM »
The fact that you talk about stealing scripts and editing, is the perfect answer as to why we don't want your help
What!?