• Awards
  • SA-MP: NO_MERCY
  • VC-MP: BanJack
Error
« on: February 27, 2017, 05:04:30 PM »
Hi all,
I was installing vc:mp on my friend's laptop, windows 10  64-bit
I installed gta vice city
When I was installing vc:mp an error appeared saying : error opening file for writing : /vcredist_x86.exe
Please help

Offline Noori

• VC-MP Retirees
  • Give Respect Get Respect
  • Awards VC-MP Admin of the Year (2016)
    • Awards
Re: Error
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 05:21:18 PM »

Offline SuriAttacker

• VC-MP Server Admin
  • Wut?
  • Awards VC-MP Most Improved (2017)
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [Ka]SuriAttacker
  • VC-MP: [Ka]SuriAttacker
Re: Error
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:03:18 PM »
I also had the same issue. To fix this problem, download Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 and install it. After you've installed the Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 open the VCMP installer, after accepting the "terms of the agreement" it will ask you the destination of the folder to install, by default it's C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Vice City Multiplayer (I'm using Windows 7, so it may have a different default destination folder in other operating systems), just install the VCMP in the default destination folder. The reason why I'm saying this is because I tried to install VCMP in other destinations for example like in Documents, Desktop or the local disk\Program Files, but it gave me errors and after that I tried to install it in the default destination folder and everything when good without any errors. I'm not sure why I was not able to install the vcmp in other destinations except the default one.

Here is a link to download Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
*I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post others links from outside in here, but in case if I am not allowed I want to apologize in advance.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:37:12 PM by SuriAttacker »