Author Topic: question about new graphic card  (Read 9408 times)

Offline tony_ab

• Fish 'n' Chips
  • sup
    • Awards
question about new graphic card
« on: May 22, 2010, 07:53:10 PM »
hai.
Im about to buy ATI Radeon HD4670, 1 gb, 128-bit, DDR2, PCI-E 2.0.
First, is this enough power to have it: 230V?
Second, does it support dual monitors?
And third, is it good for new games? (as i know it supports DX10)
[V]1rU$ 4ever :)

Offline j.king

• VC-MP Retirees
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
Re: question about new graphic card
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 08:16:16 PM »
er donno how much volts = watts, but you can get the system requirements to run the gfx here

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-4000/hd-4600/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4600-system-requirements.aspx

and here it tells you the gfx specs: http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-4000/hd-4600/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4600-specifications.aspx

And finally from what i remember it can run the latest games depending on your cpu but not at max (including res). Anyways if you google your gfx you'l get lots of reviews where that gfx and others have been benchmark'd in many games showing you the fps/power intake/heat output. An example would be http://www.guru3d.com/article/ati-radeon-hd-4670-review/

Offline Pluisje

• Big Fish
  • Tranceaddicted
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 08:22:40 PM »
u need more faster card then that im using from the same family off the 4600 series. u can beter go for 4700 or 4850. but yea what is ure budget? and do u have a powerfull psu to handle all off the components??

Offline tony_ab

• Fish 'n' Chips
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 08:29:51 PM »
the budget = low. psu 230V o/
jking ur takling greek xD CPU= processor speed? oO if yea, its 2100 MHz or something..
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 08:33:04 PM by tony_ab »

Offline MidNight

• Banned
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 09:31:43 PM »
you shoud get atleast an HD 4890!!

Offline tony_ab

• Fish 'n' Chips
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 08:59:06 AM »
you shoud get atleast an HD 4890!!
why if this one has DX10 support and 1 gb oO

Offline j.king

• VC-MP Retirees
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 10:50:50 AM »
midnight fuck off honestly, people want advice and cheap and effective parts not just the most expensive once's.

Okay tony il just break it down, to actually get the card working you pc must already have:

# 400 Watt or greater power supply is recommended (convert volts to watts)
# 1GB of system memory recommended
# Installation software requires CD-ROM drive

Also cpu gaming wise breaks down into how many cores you have and the default clock speed. Me for example have 2 cores (dual core) and the brand is intel with a default clock speed of 2.1ghz.

Obviously the more cores you have the better and the greater your clock speed the better for cpu heavy games like gtaiv. Anyways if you can run a test for any game on http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri it would tell me what your system specs are if you don't know them.

jking ur takling greek xD
xD
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 10:52:35 AM by Ä´.ĶĨŃĞ »

Offline tony_ab

• Fish 'n' Chips
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 02:07:49 PM »
# 400 Watt or greater power supply is recommended (convert volts to watts)
got no idea how xD

this is what i got at sysreqlab for CoD: MW2:

Offline tony_ab

• Fish 'n' Chips
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 09:14:45 AM »
sorry for double post, but this is kinda urgent o/ i got 5 days to decide if i'll buy it or not, so please, help D:
another question: how can i know will it get overheated?
i got power supply i think, i got enough RAM, i got dual core, i got dvd drive, what else do i need? D:

Offline robbynab

• Fisher
  • yo'sup
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 09:50:19 AM »
sorry for double post, but this is kinda urgent o/ i got 5 days to decide if i'll buy it or not, so please, help D:
another question: how can i know will it get overheated?
i got power supply i think, i got enough RAM, i got dual core, i got dvd drive, what else do i need? D:

I'd recommend some more RAM (as I see, there's only 1 GB?), else ain't something needed in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:48:15 AM by robbynab »

Offline j.king

• VC-MP Retirees
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 11:14:08 AM »
you don't really need anything else apart from a screwdriver and a static wasteband. Moreover "The ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 4600 series GPUs can upscale video display to 2560x1600 on dual-link monitors" from that i assume it supports it :x.

Also "Mains voltage in the UK is 230v so Watts = 13 x 230 = 2990 watts" HOLY SHIT YOU GOT SOME BEASTY PSU O_O! you can run a nuclear power plant with that much electricty :C.

And yeah i suggest you get atleast 2gb ram for both ddr2/ddr3 (though if you got xp it should be fine). anything i miss out?

Offline tony_ab

• Fish 'n' Chips
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 07:01:13 PM »
HOLY SHIT YOU GOT SOME BEASTY PSU O_O! you can run a nuclear power plant with that much electricty :C.
i was laughing at that for about 15 mins xD

static wasteband
what

And yeah i suggest you get atleast 2gb ram for both ddr2/ddr3 (though if you got xp it should be fine).
already working on the another gb of RAM

anything i miss out?
can i know will it get overheated?

Offline j.king

• VC-MP Retirees
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 10:53:29 PM »
the static wasteband is so that when you are installing your gfx (if you are not doing it ignore this) you need to be static free so that when you touch your gfx/motherboard you dont fry your components.

The graphics card itself wont overheat unless ofc you overclock it (I take it you have a standard case fans). If you don't plan on overclocking it, as long as you got decent air flow through your pc it should be fine, but depends on where you live really. Say for example its somewhere really hot, i suggest you place a fan infront of your pc or buy some case fans.

Offline tony_ab

• Fish 'n' Chips
  • sup
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 09:02:57 AM »
the static wasteband is so that when you are installing your gfx (if you are not doing it ignore this) you need to be static free so that when you touch your gfx/motherboard you dont fry your components.
can i just unplug the electricity or what

The graphics card itself wont overheat unless ofc you overclock it (I take it you have a standard case fans). If you don't plan on overclocking it, as long as you got decent air flow through your pc it should be fine, but depends on where you live really. Say for example its somewhere really hot, i suggest you place a fan infront of your pc or buy some case fans.
i think i got a good fan, and overclocking is like making it do better performance? nah i dont need that, i can do everything without it :D

So im free to buy it eh? Thx for the help man :)
PS: u got xfire?

Offline j.king

• VC-MP Retirees
  • SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »
yeah overclocking is basically reving up your clock speed so yup increases performance for more heat and electricty. So i take it your installing the gfx, static electricty is something you have in your body at times, it has nothing to do with the mains so you need to first unplugg your pc from the mains and either remove the static electricity within you, donno how excatly but i was told you can touch a metal object eg radiator, or wear that wrist band.

Don't take my word for it, check google/youtube for pc building tips and watch some videos or guides, it will help ;P

xfire: sdtjking