Author Topic: a Challenge's feature problem  (Read 1997 times)

Offline [JOKER]Miczi

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Proud LW player since SA-MP 0,1b
    • Awards
a Challenge's feature problem
« on: September 14, 2010, 08:15:50 PM »
Today when I was playing on the server I've discovered a new thing, which is the Challenges feature. Well, I discovered it in a very uncool way. While checkin /p I've noticed that one guy has bought almost all the props. After /loc ing him I've thought that it would be an easy target, as he was in Marina (Los Santos) while his gangmate was in LV. So I went there to hunt him.
Everything was cool, I've found him there alone in a firetruck, with 600k on him. I dbed the fire truck, and shot him while he was getting out of the flaming truck, so he had almost no armour, easy battle, easy money I thought. But suddenly... guess what? His friend appeared in a car and started dbing me. My target got into that car too so I jumped on my bike to take them down. He was still dbing to but I managed to destroy the car. My target got out of the car, what is normal, but the other guy... disappeared while exiting it! I immediately checked the death window - he didn't die or left the server so wtf? A cheat! I died while fighting the other guy, but nvm about that. What I want to say is...

there is no place for tele in LW's! Challenges are cool, but don't tele ppl, tell them to get to the start or something. And don't tp them back after exitting a car! Imagine a dber would discover this feature... I don't know if there is a time limit for those races but still it's too easy to abuse. And for ppl who don't know about that (such as me) it looks like a cheat.

I won't say the names because Im not sure if they really wanted to abuse it or was it a coincidence. All I want to say is that such features with LW's gamemode don't work properly. Thanks for reading.

Offline AJP

• SA-MP Retirees
  • N1158Q
    • Awards
Re: a Challenge's feature problem
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:33:59 PM »
Easiest solution is just have challenges in a different virtual world I guess.

Offline [JOKER]Miczi

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Proud LW player since SA-MP 0,1b
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:57:01 PM »
Yeah, that would solve the problem too.

Offline iMJets

• SA-MP Donator
  • .::[UB]::. Clan Founder
    • [UnBreakables] Clan Forums
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: Jets[UB]
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
i came on one day and found a bug with this feauture again were i had just joined the server, and i had this challenge thing on. And then it said i failed challenge and telied me to the zone were u do the race challenges. Remove the teli and there should be no bugs anymore i would think

Offline NiGHTM4RE

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Bow down or draw your sawns...
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 01:32:24 AM »
You read my mind.
NiGHTM4RE's YouTube Channel
Find me in The Real World crypto investing campus.

Offline BikeDriver

• Fisher
  • I can do anything
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 05:48:22 AM »

that also solves the problem of cheating by getting your car pushed forward by your friend while the countdown is still counting to save a few meters (=time).

also /nos should be disabled in any challenge because it gives you instant nitro while normal players have to wait for the cooldown.
imo /nos should only be usable if the car has no nitro installed. its a really stupid advantage for donators in any car race..
BikeDriv:))))

Haha blwelrwelrt, I registered here earlier :P

Offline AJP

• SA-MP Retirees
  • N1158Q
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 07:28:56 AM »

that also solves the problem of cheating by getting your car pushed forward by your friend while the countdown is still counting to save a few meters (=time).

also /nos should be disabled in any challenge because it gives you instant nitro while normal players have to wait for the cooldown.
imo /nos should only be usable if the car has no nitro installed. its a really stupid advantage for donators in any car race..
Valid points there. Seems like there isn't really any other easier way than putting all of these challenges in different virtual worlds (not the same virtual world for all the people who race, but every racer gets a virtual world).

Offline Gryphus_One

• Banned
  • Personal Text
    • My Youtube account ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 11:25:33 AM »
Well to be honest I have absolutely no idea of how challenges work, but tonight I joined the server to help enkei win a desert drift race, and by the radar I got the impression that he had teleported two or three times, and now I read this by Miczi. Of course I'm not saying that enkei was cheating nor anything similar, but there must be some kind of teleport out there.

Offline AJP

• SA-MP Retirees
  • N1158Q
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 01:18:29 PM »
Well to be honest I have absolutely no idea of how challenges work, but tonight I joined the server to help enkei win a desert drift race, and by the radar I got the impression that he had teleported two or three times, and now I read this by Miczi. Of course I'm not saying that enkei was cheating nor anything similar, but there must be some kind of teleport out there.
Go in the checkpoint under emerald isle, near the police department. The menu is pretty self explanatory.