Andre9977's Tree
2 (4.7%)
FireFly's Tree
8 (18.6%)
Benny's Tree
27 (62.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: December 11, 2008, 04:17:11 AM

Author Topic: Christmas Tree Competition POLL  (Read 9082 times)

Sneaky

Christmas Tree Competition POLL
« on: December 05, 2008, 04:17:12 AM »
Littlewhitey's Christmas Tree Competition

Vote or there shall be no x-mas at littlewhitey's

ItsBritneyBitch's Tree

bmw_m3's Tree

ACE's Tree

Andre9977's Tree

Firefly's Tree

Benny's Tree

The 1st place will get 10 millions ingame cash and their tree put in game
The 2nd place will get 5 millions ingame cash
The 3rd place will get 1 million ingame cash

DJ_Contagious

Re: Christmas Tree Competition POLL
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 04:50:36 AM »
lol

ACE's tree  :D
:P

Offline dannymc18

• SA-MP Donator
    • That´s how I keep cool:
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 09:48:21 AM »
I feel it's unfair to everyone who put so much time into these to vote without any comments, so here goes!

ItsBritneyBitch's Tree:  I do like the idea, the stars are a nice touch, it's quite a good location, but.. sorry, it's just too small - it has to be seen for miles away :D  And what's with Candy?  That just downright confuses me!

bmw_m3's Tree: It's a gorgeous tree, with gorgeous surroundings as well, and I would love to be able to give this 25/10, but you know what I'm gonna say - I just feel it's too far away from the main strip, where all the action happens.  I would love to have this tree in, and if the baseball park was beside Four Dragons..

ACE's Tree: Again, it's a splendid idea, in an excellent location, and the bar, presents etc are a really nice touch.  However, I must say again that I just feel it's too small!  It really is excellent work though.

Andre9977's Tree: I told you the other night, size matters :P  I love the drug presents, which only work with a tree of that size, but it needs to be BIGGAH :D Plus if it's hidden behind the pirate ship less people will see it - and isn't that where the second ship is anyway?  I can't tell, it's dark!

FireFly's Tree: Incredible effort, simply amazing tree, and it the location in itself - on top of the pyramid - means in theory that it should be a glorious beacon throughout the server... but... I'm sorry... I again feel it could be just a tad bit far out - I still always get lost when in that part of town :s  If the Pyramid was in the centre of the strip, I would love to vote for this one.  The rally ribbon as tinsel is a marvellous idea, however... has it got any lights?

Benny's Tree:  Stupendous idea, in an excellent location.  I love the idea of being able to walk up the tree as a vantage point to look out over the strip, and the fact it's location where it is means it can't be missed.  The size also rocks, along with bmw_m3 and FireFly's.  A couple of things though... whats with the red lights hanging down off the bottom?  Just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.  The same with... what are those, flaming chickens?  And the steps protrude to far into the road for my liking, it could jam up the whole strip :o  I love the base itself though.

Every tree has it's strong points, and ideally I would love to see a mix of a few of them...  I know one vote won't ultimately matter, but I'm gonna have to think about this one!

(Also, I'll say this now - if it's close (such as 1 or 2 votes out of 20 or so), I'd suggest a run-off vote with the top 2 or 3 trees, whatever it may be.  Just suggesting this now to avoid arguements later.)

Offline dannymc18

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:51:30 AM »
Also, /me has just had a kick-kick-kick-ass idea to enhance any and all of the trees (or the winner, whatever :p)

More on that story tonight.

Andre9977

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:49:58 AM »
Andre9977's Tree: I told you the other night, size matters :P  I love the drug presents, which only work with a tree of that size, but it needs to be BIGGAH :D Plus if it's hidden behind the pirate ship less people will see it - and isn't that where the second ship is anyway?  I can't tell, it's dark!
Well making it bigger - I could of have made that ugly tree with low detail (like firefly did), but I decided not to because that looks ugly in my opinion. And that BADASS-BIG-TREE doesn't just go with LW's imago - it's not something HUGE, it's something medium sized that fits good in Las Venturas and also looks good (imagine all those cool lights and then a bad-ass-low-polycon-model tree - 0.o). Also the tree isn't really blocked by any of the 2 ships and it can be seen well if you approach pirate ships from The Strip.

Also, location of some trees isn't good (no offense to anyone though), as trees by bmw_m3 and firefly can't be noticed so good. Just because bmw_m3's tree is out of the are where players go most often and firefly's tree is kind of far from Strip too and the draw distance often doesn't show it to the strip (well you can see a low detail tree, but not the lovely decorations).

And I guess that LW's imago (or funimago, kind of) doesn't allow very formal trees (like mine), but more like Sgt_Benny's tree - which are FUN to explore by players that don't rate just a cool tree with some lights on it.

Offline dannymc18

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 10:54:53 AM »
MOAR LIGHTS IS MOAR FUN :D

To be honest I'd probably think different of all of them if the .amxexexexexxeesss were posted here so they could be explored in game, rather than 4 screenshots!

Offline hipy[AP]

• Adult Fish
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »

To be honest I'd probably think different of all of them if the .amxexexexexxeesss were posted here so they could be explored in game, rather than 4 screenshots!

yes i want to test it to :) like if you can hide in the three or that you can climb to the top and place weapon spawns

Made by hipy! (ricardo just stole it... )

Offline S3rs

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 01:45:25 PM »
I voted for benny ;D

Offline dannymc18

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 02:25:50 PM »
That might actually

yes i want to test it to :) like if you can hide in the three or that you can climb to the top and place weapon spawns

That might actually be a nice touch for Benny's - place a sniper spawn at the top.  That way there should be a lot of competition from both individuals and gangs to try and control it.  Whoever can stop people getting to the top (eg, their gang killing people as they arrive) gets to control the sniper.

Offline [V]ACE

• SA-MP Retirees
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 03:16:59 PM »
Im going to be honest and say i gave up on my tree long ago D:
The map editor was pissing me off and i couldnt get it to look "right". Also i had more important things to do and saw other players trees that were better and had better detail.

Tnxs for the nice comments though lol :D  but as i gave up entirly i dont think its fair for my tree to be in this comp, as others didnt give up and put more effort and attention to their ideas and trees, so if u wanted to remove it then i dont mind.

i like fireflys and Benny's tree...now to decide which to vote for....

TOP-SAMP

Offline dannymc18

• SA-MP Donator
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »
I'll vote Benny if he explains what the hell the chicken things are!

Edit: Could ya do away with the hay bales at the very bottom?  Would leave some road left that you could use, and save on objects - though I like the way they make the escalators start right at the kerb.

Decisions Decisions... :x
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:58:25 PM by dannymc18 »

Offline PuBerZz

• SA-MP Server Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 04:52:48 PM »
Going to vote for Benny's because of where he has put the tree, nicely in the middle of the strip, which could be great fun for some random chaos.

Offline [eVo]Rizla

• SA-MP Server Admin
  • O.A.P
    • Awards
  • SA-MP: [eVo]Rizla
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 05:26:18 PM »
well done 2 everyone who made trees this year :D but

im gona vote bennys, take it over, kick all u bitches off and call it RizlaTower

now gtfo
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:26:50 PM by â„¢alziЯ »

Offline [V3loc1Ty]

• SA-MP Retirees
  • Premium Member
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »
Benny FTW!
Thanks to everyone's effort!

Offline THEWICKERMAN

• Fisher
  • ô.ô
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 10:36:18 PM »
+1 for benny D:!!! his is in the most epicest (awesome new word) place, we wont be able to drive down the strip without whacking into it :D
"hast thou yet all cups in the cabinet?"